Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-26-2017

(01-25-2017, 10:49 PM)syscrash Wrote: Yet we have never seen Diana react emotionally or rationally to anything.

Oh yes we have. She reacted to Rachel. You said it yourself. She didn't like Rachel and as a result, Rachel died. That is reacting emotionally.

(01-25-2017, 10:49 PM)syscrash Wrote: She only want Adalind and Sean together because she thanks that is the definition of a family.

She wants them together because they are her family, not because she thinks that's the definition of a family.

(01-25-2017, 10:49 PM)syscrash Wrote: Situation change it will be fine with her.

Just from the way she glared at Nick and he made it plain he was defying her by hugging Adalind tighter, I would say situation change is not going to be fine with her. Personally, I'm on her side. Nick and Adalind acting like teenagers in front of her shouldn't be fine with her.

However, this is Grimm and the series has been known to ignore the obvious.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 01-26-2017

(01-25-2017, 08:30 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 06:01 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: In 607 below, Diana spends the weekend with her dad so the show will not stop Diana from staying with her daddy at his own home.
I’m not implying that Adalind living with Nick will prevent Diana from seeing her father. Every comment I’ve made has been about Diana’s emotional wellbeing, her needs right now.

But right now, all Adalind is thinking about is getting back to Nick. Unlike Kelly, who is content if fed and changed, and getting attention, Diana is old enough to know she wants to be with both parents and to be angry and sad that she can’t.

Diana was with Nick’s team an hour or less, and she’s already witnessed Nick impersonate her father, deceive her that he was her father, and her mother lie to her about it. Nick & Adalind were caught by surprise when Diana woke up, but that’s the problem. Adalind’s priority should have been making sure Diana wouldn’t be exposed to Nick impersonating Renard or anything else that might happen at the spice shop. And when Diana realized she’d been deceived, Adalind’s consideration should have been with her daughter, not hugging on Nick.

Right now, Adalind is not behaving like a mother who puts her children first. And it brings to question, was Adalind a devoted mother to Kelly because it didn’t require a choice, she could live with Nick and mother her son.

(01-25-2017, 06:45 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Should these posts include the factor how Diana ages? There are the posts on a home life but because she ages at faster rate than her age has to be part of how she might see the homes she's been in.
I would think Diana’s rapid aging makes positive parental guidance/participation even more critical.
That is the question can a child that age at that rate understand? We you or I were 10 years old we had 10 years of history and friends to gain from. Diana is what 3 real years old you can't get 10 years of history in 3. If they had made this a 22 episode season they would have to had change the Diana actress to a teenager, or come up with a way to stop the aging.

When we debate Diana and how and who has had her you can't inpart 10 years of mature growth in 3. Alway comes back to she never left wherever she was on her own, she never reach out to Adalind. So why not, she had the power she reach out to Adalind at the fome so she doesn't need to know where Adalind is to make connect.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 01-26-2017

Quote:Diana is not an emotionally healthy child. Her powers are far beyond what her maturity can censor. She has not been in a stable environment since in utero. This mother who ‘watched her’ stole her when she was around ten days old, and she’s been taken by multiple factions since.
Diana acts as an eight year old would. Yet she has only been alive about a year. Which means she is maturing as fast as she is growing. She has been on the run during that entire year. Yet she shows no signs living in fear. Beyond that they have shown her having knowledge beyond her age. For example as a new born she figured out that to get warm she needed a fire. She also figured out what was needed to create a fire and how to get it.

Even now she is shown having the knowledge of what she needs to do to get Sean and Adalind together. She is shown eliminating the competition.

Diana has never shown to be concerned about her surrounding. She has never been shown to effected by her situation. People are concerned about her as if she is a child. In a few months she will be a teenager. a few more she will be an adult. She is aging about a year a month. That means she will be twenty one after only being alive for two years. I am thinking season 6 will only cover about three months of time. They say there will be some time jumps. I am thinking these will be flash forwards but not actually jump the story forward.

What I think is interesting is Diana the character is written as having rapid growth. The show choose to use Hanna who actually hit a growth spurt during the filming of episode six. Hanna is much taller now then she was when they first started filming. That is going to make the Diana growth even more believable. I am wondering is Hanna's growth and added plus or a calculated assumption.

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 02:12 PM)syscrash Wrote: Diana acts as an eight year old would. Yet she has only been alive about a year.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Diana was born between January 15-17, 2014 and March 19, 2014 since she born between "The Good Soldier" and "The Show Must Go On" so she is about 3 years old.

January 15-17, 2014 In "The Good Soldier", the day after the first murder, Hank pulls up a police report from Phoenix on the death of Robert Hammond with a date of January 16th.
March 19, 2014 "The Show Must Go On" begins as the date was on the ticket stubs of the murdered women.

RE: Diana - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-26-2017

it's interesting that nobody seems to express any surprise about how fast Diana has grown except King Freddie. Because King Freddie, being descended from a line of royals who have a history of relationships with hexenbiests, once had a hexenbiest mistress and fathered a half-zauberbiest son, should have been the kehrseite least likely to be surprised by how fast Diana grew.

RE: Diana - Robyn - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 07:27 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: When we debate Diana and how and who has had her you can't inpart 10 years of mature growth in 3. Alway comes back to she never left wherever she was on her own, she never reach out to Adalind. So why not, she had the power she reach out to Adalind at the fome so she doesn't need to know where Adalind is to make connect.
If we attempt to make sense of the ambiguity surrounding Diana, we’re looking at an exceptionally long dissertation that ends with ‘conclusions not verifiable’.

(01-26-2017, 06:02 AM)irukandji Wrote: Personally, I'm on her side. Nick and Adalind acting like teenagers in front of her shouldn't be fine with her.
However, this is Grimm and the series has been known to ignore the obvious.
Adalind needs to consider the day Diana decides to make her feelings clear.

(01-26-2017, 02:12 PM)syscrash Wrote: Diana has never shown to be concerned about her surrounding. She has never been shown to effected by her situation. People are concerned about her as if she is a child. In a few months she will be a teenager. a few more she will be an adult. She is aging about a year a month. That means she will be twenty one after only being alive for two years.
Your logical analysis of Diana as a viewer is not the way Adalind sees her. And really, it doesn’t matter how any of us see Diana, because everything Adalind does will be based on her view of Diana. And to Adalind, Diana is a child.

(01-26-2017, 02:34 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Diana was born between January 15-17, 2014 and March 19, 2014 since she born between "The Good Soldier" and "The Show Must Go On" so she is about 3 years old.
I thought she was around three - based on time since birth. Diana was born in ‘Mommy Dearest’.

You and I can debate the pros and cons of Nick/Adalind/Diana into the next millennia, but neither opinion is going to change. Nor does it matter, because as far as the show is concerned it’s not about the characters’ natural progression, it’s about the story G&K want to write, and the characters be damned.

If G&K put Adalind and Diana in the loft and leave them there, it’s because they want Diana as a source of conflict while Nick & Adalind are cohabitating. The same way they want Juliette strategically placed in the tunnels to overhear Nick & Adalind playing house. It’s not about Diana’s well being or any other characters really. It about G&K contriving woe-is-me situations rather than utilizing the obvious.

And who knows, G&K may want Diana to love Nick just because he’s the central character/hero. If so, that not making sense won’t matter either.

(01-26-2017, 03:30 PM)Robyn Wrote: If G&K put Adalind and Diana in the loft and leave them there, it’s because they want Diana as a source of conflict while Nick & Adalind are cohabitating.

Are you worried that Diana will not be spending enough time with Renard? I think she will.

The last ep is only in six weeks in GRIMM time G&K claim. IMO Nick will either die , turned into something that is not a GRIMM, or be forced to move out of Portland into hiding with the kids and Adalind and maybe Sean too. The fome is not likely to be the long term plan. Adalind has no money and Nick moving takes time but I think they will show what happens during the last show.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 03:39 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: The fome is not likely to be the long term plan.

Mary, I would be interested in hearing your ideas about the fome. Do you think it's ideal living conditions for Adalind and her children? Should Nick have stepped back and considered better options?

(01-26-2017, 03:53 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 03:39 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: The fome is not likely to be the long term plan.

Mary, I would be interested in hearing your ideas about the fome. Do you think it's ideal living conditions for Adalind and her children? Should Nick have stepped back and considered better options?

Nick bought the fome only for Adalind and Kelly. I am guessing that the Nadadlind quote will be Nick is willing to move for Adalind now she has Diana and he will discuss getting married. Based on the school Diana goes to Nick will likely have to move as much as Renard may. Both men would benefit from leaving Portland and Nick could the buy a normal house. I agree with those who think the living characters will be moving but I think who ever lives from Sean, Nick and Adalind group will have to live not to far from Diana's school.

Only G&K would have someone who has never said I love you go right to moving again and marriage but I think that is the plan.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 01-26-2017

It is impossible to send Diana to school. The second question is why would they send her to school. If in three years she is ten. Three more years she will be twenty. Not only would you have the problem of Diana being able to manipulate the teachers and the other students. She would enter middle school, by the end of the first year she would be bigger then the seniors. She would have the development of a teenager. So what do you do, put her in high school. By the end of the first year of high school she would be a senior. How would she be able to relate to the other students. she only has three years of life experience.

In the teasers it is said Adalind will address always being in danger. That alone sets up for the Nick and Adalind thing not working. The tunnels play to much into the destiny to think Nick will be moving. Diana is showing a need to be with Sean to not think Sean and Adalind are going to have to create a working situation. The show is creating to many obstacles for Nick and Adalind being the end game. Add to that Claires statement of season 6 Adalind will focus on her kids.