Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 03:16 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 09:35 PM)irukandji Wrote: I can't even imagine why she'd want to be with her parents. Neither one has shown any real stability either. On the other hand, blood is thicker than water.
I don't see Diana mature enough to make that assessment. Children want to stay with, and love, abusive and neglectful parents. And considering Diana's sad history, just being allowed to live in the same house as her parents is a big step forward.

That's why I mentioned the old saying, blood is thicker than water.

RE: Diana - brandon - 01-25-2017

A child of her age would not think much of it.I think.Wants to have a father and a mother

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 03:16 PM)Robyn Wrote: Diana has not yet settled into anything close to a normal family life with her parents, yet she’s being removed from her home without any prior discussions/explanations, and taken into a one bedroom loft, inside a paint factory, with blood on the walls and tunnels underneath that people freely travel night and day.

Diana was being kept prisoner at the BC mansion where none of them can stay safety. Renard and Adalind can show her their own homes and give her love not fear. After the fome up is clean it will be her first home and Renard home will be too. IMO I against keeping Diana a prisoner at the BC mansion she should be allowed to live with both of her families for the first time.

Why would preventing baby Kelly from seeing his father be good for Diana anyway? I don't understand? Having and caring for a younger sibling is great way to learn how to love.

RE: Diana - Robyn - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 03:48 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Diana was being kept prisoner at the BC mansion where none of them can stay safety. Renard and Adalind can show her their own homes and give her love not fear. After the fome up is clean it will be her first home and Renard home will be too. IMO I against keeping Diana a prisoner at the BC mansion she should be allowed to live with both of her families for the first time.

Why would preventing baby Kelly from seeing his father be good for Diana anyway? I don't understand? Having and caring for a younger sibling is great way to learn how to love.
I didn’t suggest anything about Kelly. I was only talking about Diana’s fragile mental state. Kelly is part of her family because he and Diana share the same mother. Nick is not Diana’s family. He’s Kelly’s father, and a man her mother wants to live with. Who should come first, what the mother wants or what the child needs.

I’m not suggesting that BC provided a stable environment for Diana or that Adalind should live with Renard. I’m suggesting that if Adalind and Renard can not provide a calm and nurturing environment living together, Adalind should make a home for her and the children, not put what she wants above what her daughter needs.

It’s one thing for Adalind to explain to Diana that mommy and daddy can’t live together right now. It’s another, to explain to Diana that mommy wants to live with Kelly’s daddy and she’s coming with mommy and Kelly, and will live with a stranger.

Diana has lived with enough strangers in her short life. I have no idea why Diana identifies two people she hasn't seen since ten days old as her parents, but that's what the show is presenting. The show has not indicated that Diana wants to be with anyone else for any reason. And considering that Adalind, Nick, and Renard are directly responsible for Diana's violent and troubling life, their wants shouldn't matter.

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 04:46 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 03:48 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Diana was being kept prisoner at the BC mansion where none of them can stay safety. Renard and Adalind can show her their own homes and give her love not fear. After the fome up is clean it will be her first home and Renard home will be too. IMO I against keeping Diana a prisoner at the BC mansion she should be allowed to live with both of her families for the first time.

I didn’t suggest anything about Kelly. I was only talking about Diana’s fragile mental state. Kelly is part of her family because he and Diana share the same mother. Nick is not Diana’s family. He’s Kelly’s father, and a man her mother wants to live with. Who should come first, what the mother wants or what the child needs.

I’m not suggesting that BC provided a stable environment for Diana or that Adalind should live with Renard. I’m suggesting that if Adalind and Renard can not provide a calm and nurturing environment living together, Adalind should make a home for her and the children, not put what she wants above what her daughter needs.

It’s one thing for Adalind to explain to Diana that mommy and daddy can’t live together right now. It’s another, to explain to Diana that mommy wants to live with Kelly’s daddy and she’s coming with mommy and Kelly, and will live with a stranger.

Diana has lived with enough strangers in her short life. I have no idea why Diana identifies two people she hasn't seen since ten days old as her parents, but that's what the show is presenting. The show has not indicated that Diana wants to be with anyone else for any reason. And considering that Adalind, Nick, and Renard are directly responsible for Diana's violent and troubling life, their wants shouldn't matter.

In 607 below, Diana spends the weekend with her dad so the show will not stop Diana from staying with her daddy at his own home.

02/17/2017 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Friday) : "LOVE" IS IN THE AIR ON MONROE'S BIRTHDAY WEEKEND GETAWAY - Rosalee (Bree Turner) surprises Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) with a getaway for his birthday and invites most of the gang to join them. Things take a shocking turn when a hotel employee targets Nick (David Giuntoli) in an effort to avenge his father. Meanwhile, Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) gets a visit from a dark force that she has seen before. Elsewhere, Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz) spends the weekend with Diana (guest star Hannah R. Loyd) when a former ally decides to get even. Russell Hornsby, Reggie Lee and Claire Coffee also star.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 01-25-2017

Should these posts include the factor how Diana ages? There are the posts on a home life but because she ages at faster rate than her age has to part of how she might see the homes she's been in.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 07:08 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Do you think Diana will force Renard, Adalind and Kelly to live in the mansion when none of them want that?

The mansion is owned by BC so Renard, for his own safety, will want to leave and likely go back to the smaller but modern home he owns.

I don't necessarily think Diana is looking specifically at the mansion as the place for her, Sean and Adalind, and possibly Kelly. I think her primary wish is that they live together as a family, whether it be in a mansion or a modest house.

I was thinking about something and it occurred to me that for such an evil organization, BC apparently believed in the strength of the family unit. That is an interesting contrast to HW who did not.

(01-25-2017, 07:08 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Her dad works long hours and goes on trips often, so why would Diana never want to be at the fome? If dad is busy, Diana can be with Adalind and Kelly.

I would say the fome is a cool place for a loner like Nick. He can play with gadgets and explore the tunnels and do whatever else it is a single guy like him does. Is it a good place for a young girl and a growing baby? No way. It's a terrible place.

If Nick is really and truly serious about taking on Diana, Adalind, and Kelly, he needs to look for a place that's comfortable for them.

But that will never happen because Nick, much like Adalind, puts his needs first.

RE: Diana - Robyn - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 06:01 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: In 607 below, Diana spends the weekend with her dad so the show will not stop Diana from staying with her daddy at his own home.
I’m not implying that Adalind living with Nick will prevent Diana from seeing her father. Every comment I’ve made has been about Diana’s emotional wellbeing, her needs right now.

But right now, all Adalind is thinking about is getting back to Nick. Unlike Kelly, who is content if fed and changed, and getting attention, Diana is old enough to know she wants to be with both parents and to be angry and sad that she can’t.

Diana was with Nick’s team an hour or less, and she’s already witnessed Nick impersonate her father, deceive her that he was her father, and her mother lie to her about it. Nick & Adalind were caught by surprise when Diana woke up, but that’s the problem. Adalind’s priority should have been making sure Diana wouldn’t be exposed to Nick impersonating Renard or anything else that might happen at the spice shop. And when Diana realized she’d been deceived, Adalind’s consideration should have been with her daughter, not hugging on Nick.

Right now, Adalind is not behaving like a mother who puts her children first. And it brings to question, was Adalind a devoted mother to Kelly because it didn’t require a choice, she could live with Nick and mother her son.

(01-25-2017, 06:45 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Should these posts include the factor how Diana ages? There are the posts on a home life but because she ages at faster rate than her age has to part of how she might see the homes she's been in.
I would think Diana’s rapid aging makes positive parental guidance/participation even more critical.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 01-25-2017

Quote:I would point out that after her birth until she came to BC and Renard she hadn't killed anyone even when Kelly was being killed.
Actually Diana killed the guy by sticking the pen in his eye. And that was before she was even born.

After all the times we have seen Diana. She has never shown signs of vanity. While in the mansion she never showed signs of being impressed by the place. She has never shown she is affected out out side influences. She never hold attachments to anyone or anything. She has never been told what to do. People always ask her to do something. People want to define Diana in terms of good or bad. Those identities do not exist in the Diana character. She killed Rachael because she did not like her. the same with Conrad. The group has done nothing to pis he roff so she has no reason to hurt the group. We have seen it makes Diana no difference if she is at the mansion or the fome. She only want Adalind and Sean together because she thanks that is the definition of a family. When Adalind moves to the fome. All it will take is saying we will be staying with Nick and all will be well. Diana does have a desire to be with Adalind or Sean. she thinks she should be with Adalind or Sean. Situation change it will be fine with her.

People keep trying to provide rational and emotional ideas to their speculations about Diana. Yet we have never seen Diana react emotionally or rationally to anything. Why would people think that will change. Even at the spice shop she ask if they where going home. She did not say I want to go home. When she was told they where working on something . She was fine with it and even asked if she could help read the cloth.

RE: Diana - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-26-2017

Seems to me that as long as Adalind and Sean both make an effort to show her that they are ok with not being together and Nick and Sean can rein in their mutual hostility and at least behave as if they're not enemies, Diana will probably adjust. But of course, we don't have much confidence that all of them are willing to do that, do we?