Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-24-2017

Quote:rpmaluki wrote:
Kelly said specifically that in the right hands, she could be a force for good and in the wrong hands, a force for evil. Those who know of Diana and her true powers will want that 3year old on their side and better yet will want to use her to further their plans good or bad. I don't know what her grandfather would have done beyond raising her as his granddaughter since he died before he could express his wishes/plans for Diana.

It amazes me that Nick's mother, who never gave much of a rats patoot for her own child makes such a big deal about a child who in essence is none of her business.

Was Diana irreparably harmed by Kelly's interference? As a result, will the scoobies be forced to destroy her? I'm also curious about Kelly's words regarding the use of Diana for good or for evil. I can see where someone like Renard or even Adalind might use her for evil. After all, they are her parents. But how would anyone else use her for evil?

RE: Diana - rpmaluki - 01-24-2017

I doubt they'd destroy Diana, not with the possibility of yet another kidnapping that would force them to work together to "rescue or save" her. They are more likely to de-power her, at least I hope.

Renard's already ahead of Adalind with possibly using Diana for bad things intentionally.

RE: Diana - degrimm - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 08:06 AM)irukandji Wrote:
Quote:rpmaluki wrote:
Kelly said specifically that in the right hands, she could be a force for good and in the wrong hands, a force for evil. Those who know of Diana and her true powers will want that 3year old on their side and better yet will want to use her to further their plans good or bad. I don't know what her grandfather would have done beyond raising her as his granddaughter since he died before he could express his wishes/plans for Diana.

It amazes me that Nick's mother, who never gave much of a rats patoot for her own child makes such a big deal about a child who in essence is none of her business.

Was Diana irreparably harmed by Kelly's interference? As a result, will the scoobies be forced to destroy her? I'm also curious about Kelly's words regarding the use of Diana for good or for evil. I can see where someone like Renard or even Adalind might use her for evil. After all, they are her parents. But how would anyone else use her for evil?

I think it doesn't make sense say that kelly didn't care about her child as we all know why she had to let nick go.
That doesn't make her a bad mother as we know she was a mother until the age of 12-14 probably.So I pretty much believe Diana isn't outside her range of motherly expertise.
One of the job expertise of the good old age grimms is to bring order to wesen; make sure they are on the right part and if they 're not, kill them and not be friends/buddies with them or let em go with hope they don't do bad next time.
The reason I believe the new version of grimm is weak.you can be friends but you also should be brave enough to discipline and put wrongful wesens in their place, and not let them beat u and then cheaply seek a deal.
The old fashioned grimm is who Kelly is, and based on that,it's her business.

Nope I don't think diana was irreparably harmed by kelly but also we haven't really seen the job kelly was meant to do cos a lot of the cool stuff Diana has done, hasn't been forced but done by her own will.
It only meant she didn't install good nor bad behaviours in diana, so diana is making up roles herself cos even the people around her now worship her instead of disciplining her or talking to her.
The scoobies don't even have the balls to go against her except eve but even eve is a bit scared now and adalind is just being woman who has a powerful daughter and wanting nick.
I don't think renard would want to use her for bad cos he doesn't even have mind or plan to do it

(01-24-2017, 09:07 AM)degrimm Wrote: I think it doesn't make sense say that kelly didn't care about her child as we all know why she had to let nick go. That doesn't make her a bad mother as we know she was a mother until the age of 12-14 probably.So I pretty much believe Diana isn't outside her range of motherly expertise.

We've never heard Nick speak fondly or not so fondly of Kelly so I tend to think that she might not have been around much. I think Kelly loved being a grimm, much like her son. I think she loved it pretty much to the exclusion of all else and Nick probably spent time in the company of Marie before she took over completely.

(01-24-2017, 09:07 AM)degrimm Wrote: Nope I don't think diana was irreparably harmed by kelly but also we haven't really seen the job kelly was meant to do cos a lot of the cool stuff Diana has done, hasn't been forced but done by her own will.
It only meant she didn't install good nor bad behaviours in diana, so diana is making up roles herself cos even the people around her now worship her instead of disciplining her or talking to her.

Well, maybe Diana is making it up. On the other hand, maybe Kelly herself told the little girl she was special and people should treat her as such.

(01-24-2017, 09:07 AM)degrimm Wrote: The scoobies don't even have the balls to go against her except eve but even eve is a bit scared now and adalind is just being woman who has a powerful daughter and wanting nick.
I don't think renard would want to use her for bad cos he doesn't even have mind or plan to do it

But then what was Kelly's prophesy all about? According to her, this child could be used for good or evil. Yet the people she's with are scared of her.

RE: Diana - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-24-2017

Nick didn't seem to have any idea that there was anything out of the ordinary about his life before he lost his parents. My guess would be that Kelly stopped going out on hunts when she married and had Nick, and that's why she ended up guarding the Coins of Zakynthos. Or maybe the reverse, she was chosen to become the guardian of the coins, because of that had to start living low profile and married and had Nick. Because early on, Monroe knew who Marie Kessler was, but never made any mention of her as one of the infamous "Kessler sisters."

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 09:35 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 09:07 AM)degrimm Wrote: I think it doesn't make sense say that kelly didn't care about her child as we all know why she had to let nick go. That doesn't make her a bad mother as we know she was a mother until the age of 12-14 probably.So I pretty much believe Diana isn't outside her range of motherly expertise.

We've never heard Nick speak fondly or not so fondly of Kelly so I tend to think that she might not have been around much. I think Kelly loved being a grimm, much like her son. I think she loved it pretty much to the exclusion of all else and Nick probably spent time in the company of Marie before she took over completely.

(01-24-2017, 09:07 AM)degrimm Wrote: Nope I don't think diana was irreparably harmed by kelly but also we haven't really seen the job kelly was meant to do cos a lot of the cool stuff Diana has done, hasn't been forced but done by her own will.

Well, maybe Diana is making it up. On the other hand, maybe Kelly herself told the little girl she was special and people should treat her as such.

(01-24-2017, 09:07 AM)degrimm Wrote: The scoobies don't even have the balls to go against her except eve but even eve is a bit scared now and adalind is just being woman who has a powerful daughter and wanting nick.

But then what was Kelly's prophesy all about? According to her, this child could be used for good or evil. Yet the people she's with are scared of her.
I think the quote was could do great good or evil not used, now we have Daina today we know she killed two people. The scoobies just don't know which way she going. As a child even if she has the power she is still thinking like a child. Most all of us has done some things as a child we'd never do today. I once thought I had made a parachute and jumped off a roof (trust we it doesn't work) didn't break anything but was one of my best ideas. TongueTongue

(01-24-2017, 11:10 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick didn't seem to have any idea that there was anything out of the ordinary about his life before he lost his parents. My guess would be that Kelly stopped going out on hunts when she married and had Nick, and that's why she ended up guarding the Coins of Zakynthos. Or maybe the reverse, she was chosen to become the guardian of the coins, because of that had to start living low profile and married and had Nick. Because early on, Monroe knew who Marie Kessler was, but never made any mention of her as one of the infamous "Kessler sisters."
Good catch Monroe knew about Marie but could have been with Kelly dead or so everyone at the time thought, would he have even thought of Kelly? Now he also would have to have connected Kessler with Burkhardt? Another thing it was Kelly's hubby and best friend killed so wasn't only right she do the going after? We also may think when Kelly left she may have thought a week or two or before she be back then and time went on and the chase took longer and longer? See where I'm going with this? A good catch on Monroe.

(01-24-2017, 11:15 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I think the quote was could do great good or evil not used, now we have Daina today we know she killed two people. The scoobies just don't know which way she going. As a child even if she has the power she is still thinking like a child. Most all of us has done some things as a child we'd never do today. I once thought I had made a parachute and jumped off a roof (trust we it doesn't work) didn't break anything but was one of my best ideas. TongueTongue

Kids do all kinds of things. I would say the good majority do not kill people who get in their way. I don't think I'm out of line by saying Diana is the minority here. So what the heck did Kelly do to Diana to make her this way?

(01-24-2017, 11:10 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick didn't seem to have any idea that there was anything out of the ordinary about his life before he lost his parents. My guess would be that Kelly stopped going out on hunts when she married and had Nick, and that's why she ended up guarding the Coins of Zakynthos. Or maybe the reverse, she was chosen to become the guardian of the coins, because of that had to start living low profile and married and had Nick. Because early on, Monroe knew who Marie Kessler was, but never made any mention of her as one of the infamous "Kessler sisters."

Good catch Monroe knew about Marie but could have been with Kelly dead or so everyone at the time thought, would he have even thought of Kelly? Now he also would have to have connected Kessler with Burkhardt? Another thing it was Kelly's hubby and best friend killed so wasn't only right she do the going after? We also may think when Kelly left she may have thought a week or two or before she be back then and time went on and the chase took longer and longer? See where I'm going with this? A good catch on Monroe.

While Nick might not see anything wrong with his life, that doesn't point to a normal upbringing.

RE: Diana - Hell Rell - 01-24-2017

I can't agree that Kelly didn't care about Nick. Grimm is not the first nor will be the last show that uses the "my child will be better off without me" trope. Kelly feels responsible for the murders of her husband and best friend so she thought the same would happen to Nick if he stayed with her. She actually thought Nick would eventually move on with his life if he thought she was dead.

This isn't one of my favorite plotlines because it's combined with one of my least favorite tropes ever. They used the above in combination with the character faking her death. I can't tell you how much I loathe fake deaths in so many shows and movies I've watched. It is such a copout. The writers want the emotions of someone dying or using it for a tragic backstory without the character dying. It's overused and it lessens my opinion of the writers every time it's used. Only kill a character if you're actually going to kill them and don't use it to manipulate the audience or set up some lame plot twist.

RE: Diana - rpmaluki - 01-24-2017

That's why I'm against the possibility of Nick doing like his mother and faking his death for Kelly's sake. That was nonsense and I hope Nick is smarter than his mother and chooses not to rob his son of his father. He can continue being a Grimm without being fake dead.

RE: Diana - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 11:15 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Good catch Monroe knew about Marie but could have been with Kelly dead or so everyone at the time thought, would he have even thought of Kelly? Now he also would have to have connected Kessler with Burkhardt? Another thing it was Kelly's hubby and best friend killed so wasn't only right she do the going after? We also may think when Kelly left she may have thought a week or two or before she be back then and time went on and the chase took longer and longer? See where I'm going with this? A good catch on Monroe.

Nick didn't seem to have any sense of anything odd about his life being raised by his librarian Aunt Marie, either. So my guess is that when Marie broke off her engagement to Farley Kolt to go raise Nick she dropped out of the active Grimm life as well. Which would mean that Marie Kessler's fame among wesen most likely derives from the period of her life before the night she and Kelly decided to let the world, including Nick, go on thinking Kelly was dead.