Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-06-2015

I have no doubt the scoobies would have taken Diana if she was there. But, in making revenge their primary reason for being there, they put Diana's life in great danger just by their actions. Had Nick told the scoobies to secure Diana first, then blast everyone to smithereens, I would agree with you. But he did not. They went in to seek revenge first, not locate Diana.

With Kelly dead, Nick is not the one to make the decision to give Diana back to Adalind. Sean is. If they had managed to get Diana, they should have consulted with Sean.

I know we disagree here. I just see this whole mansion-revenge thing as a poor action on Nick's part.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 12-06-2015

(12-06-2015, 09:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: I have no doubt the scoobies would have taken Diana if she was there. But, in making revenge their primary reason for being there, they put Diana's life in great danger just by their actions. Had Nick told the scoobies to secure Diana first, then blast everyone to smithereens, I would agree with you. But he did not. They went in to seek revenge first, not locate Diana.

With Kelly dead, Nick is not the one to make the decision to give Diana back to Adalind. Sean is. If they had managed to get Diana, they should have consulted with Sean.

I know we disagree here. I just see this whole mansion-revenge thing as a poor action on Nick's part.
I still see no danger the royals were not going to hurt Diana and the Scoobies were using hand to hand (all but Wu). Maybe Sean should have be in on the attack but at the time he had a little problem called Jack. Adalind had the most clain and knew the complete story, I will note she didn't say no don't do this. Had they gotten Diana back who then should make the call? I think Nick would have let Diana be with Adalind. For us we are at our normal point of agreeing to disagree.

Well, I will say one more thing here.

They weren't all using hand to hand, js. Monroe was but Trubel had the crossbow. Nick, Hank, and Wu had guns. If I recall correctly the verrat also used guns.

This is what I mean. With bullets flying, there was no guarantee that Diana wouldn't have been hurt. At the very least, Nick, Hank and Wu should have considered that. We don't need to disagree or agree, we never do. But in my opinion, they acted recklessly and without regard for her life.

(12-06-2015, 09:51 AM)irukandji Wrote: Well, I will say one more thing here.

They weren't all using hand to hand, js. Monroe was but Trubel had the crossbow. Nick, Hank, and Wu had guns. If I recall correctly the verrat also used guns.

This is what I mean. With bullets flying, there was no guarantee that Diana wouldn't have been hurt. At the very least, Nick, Hank and Wu should have considered that. We don't need to disagree or agree, we never do. But in my opinion, they acted recklessly and without regard for her life.
I watched the episode and counted the gun fire. Nick 2 shots from the crossbow only, Trubel used a club on 1 and cut the throat of 1, Wu 1 shotgun shot but the King, Diana, and Juliette were outside on way to helicopter. No varret fired a shot all were kill (less crossbow and Wu) hand to hand.

Rispoli leaves the King when Wu uses the shotgun, and returns to house fires 2 rounds at Hank hitting a chair or something and 2 at Trubel hitting the wall of the staircase. Hank kills him hand to hand. Scoobies 1 shot/Rispoli 4 shots. All shots where Diana was not in the house and Rispoli knew that also. I had to check to see if I might have been wrong and Diana was maybe in danger I didn't see any but that only my opinion.

(12-06-2015, 10:39 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

I watched the episode and counted the gun fire. Nick 2 shots from the crossbow only, Trubel used a club on 1 and cut the throat of 1, Wu 1 shotgun shot but the King, Diana, and Juliette were outside on way to helicopter. No varret fired a shot all were kill (less crossbow and Wu) hand to hand.

Rispoli leaves the King when Wu uses the shotgun, and returns to house fires 2 rounds at Hank hitting a chair or something and 2 at Trubel hitting the wall of the staircase. Hank kills him hand to hand. Scoobies 1 shot/Rispoli 4 shots. All shots where Diana was not in the house and Rispoli knew that also. I had to check to see if I might have been wrong and Diana was maybe in danger I didn't see any but that only my opinion.

Yes, but the scoobies didn't know. Their primary motive was not to save Diana, but to take revenge. I'm not saying they wouldn't have saved Diana if they could, but that wasn't the reason they showed up at the mansion with weapons. And while Nick and Hank might not have fired theirs, it's a pretty good bet they were armed with their guns. Just in case.

Since we're on the subject of Diana, there's something I thought I would bring up for general discussion. From what I've been reading, everyone's pretty well satisfied with Adalind's care for Kelly.

What bothers me though, is that she doesn't seem to really give all that much thought to her other child, Diana. I think a couple of weeks ago she threw out some statement about 'wondering where Diana was' (paraphrasing here). However, that was so random it seemed out of place to me.

There have been comments that if Juliette were alive and happened to have the unfortunate circumstance of meeting up with Juliette, Juliette would be dead meat. But what if Diana met up with her mother? I can't imagine their meeting would be a good one. Adalind did make some attempts to find Diana, but then she stopped. I don't know what it is with these characters, after a couple of episodes they seem to lose all emotional attachments. Other than the random statement that Adalind threw out about Diana weeks ago, she seems to have lost interest in her daughter.

Maybe it's common for hexenbiests to treat their hexenbiest offspring that way. Renard doesn't seem to have any real connection with his mother or any question about his daughter. Elizabeth had many questions about Diana, but that never went any further either. Adalind had very little connection with her mother and now doesn't seem too concerned with Diana's welfare. Henrietta didn't seem to be connected to anyone.

(12-06-2015, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 10:39 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Yes, but the scoobies didn't know. Their primary motive was not to save Diana, but to take revenge. I'm not saying they wouldn't have saved Diana if they could, but that wasn't the reason they showed up at the mansion with weapons. And while Nick and Hank might not have fired theirs, it's a pretty good bet they were armed with their guns. Just in case.

Since we're on the subject of Diana, there's something I thought I would bring up for general discussion. From what I've been reading, everyone's pretty well satisfied with Adalind's care for Kelly.

What bothers me though, is that she doesn't seem to really give all that much thought to her other child, Diana. I think a couple of weeks ago she threw out some statement about 'wondering where Diana was' (paraphrasing here). However, that was so random it seemed out of place to me.

There have been comments that if Juliette were alive and happened to have the unfortunate circumstance of meeting up with Juliette, Juliette would be dead meat. But what if Diana met up with her mother? I can't imagine their meeting would be a good one. Adalind did make some attempts to find Diana, but then she stopped. I don't know what it is with these characters, after a couple of episodes they seem to lose all emotional attachments. Other than the random statement that Adalind threw out about Diana weeks ago, she seems to have lost interest in her daughter.

Maybe it's common for hexenbiests to treat their hexenbiest offspring that way. Renard doesn't seem to have any real connection with his mother or any question about his daughter. Elizabeth had many questions about Diana, but that never went any further either. Adalind had very little connection with her mother and now doesn't seem too concerned with Diana's welfare. Henrietta didn't seem to be connected to anyone.
As we like to look at things different let us try this for most of season 4 Adalind was with the royals trying to get Diana back. Then Kenneth kick her to the curb to get to Juliette he didn't care anything about Adalind just LBB. He even put her life in danger to do it.

Adalind helps the scoobies to save her life from Juliette not because she had any great good will toward them. She than after Kelly was killed and Diana taken she did help set up Kenneth and crew, again likely to stop Kenneth from getting Diana out of the country. So for season four she was always looking for Diana and trying anyway she could to get her back.

Now enter season 5 she thinks the royals have Diana and she knows they are protected so little chance from Portland to get her back. So far season 5 looks as time goes not to be more that what 5 or 6 weeks time frame? With a new baby and little hope I'm not to upset that she isn't saying more about Diana/LBB. We now know Sean knows Diana is not with the royals I'm more ticked off at him for not tell her this. Why hasn't he?

I might think that Nick's mother had contacts with the resistance so if he knew this he might get a lead from someone who owes Kelly on Diana. Could Renard figure this out and doesn't want Nick going after Diana for Adalind. Let's not forget Nick has resistance contacts like Ian to get to LBB, Ian owes him.

How does that work?

RE: Diana - New Guy - 12-06-2015

Hi JS,
Your idea:
Quote:Let's not forget Nick has resistance contacts like Ian to get to LBB, Ian owes him.
Has merit. Nick needs to be regrouping and it is time to call in some favors. He also needs to be vigilant since the motivations and loyalties of Laufer types do not seem rock solid.
New Guy

(12-06-2015, 11:49 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: We now know Sean knows Diana is not with the royals I'm more ticked off at him for not tell her this. Why hasn't he?

I might think that Nick's mother had contacts with the resistance so if he knew this he might get a lead from someone who owes Kelly on Diana. Could Renard figure this out and doesn't want Nick going after Diana for Adalind. Let's not forget Nick has resistance contacts like Ian to get to LBB, Ian owes him.

How does that work?

I know Adalind tried to find Diana in season 4, but when she throws out random statements without much concern or even a tear, it bugs me.

You said something above about Renard that has got me to wondering. Also, Speakeasy said something about how well Diana got on with Juliette.

Could Diana be with Juliette? If so, could that be the reason Renard isn't saying anything?

RE: Diana - aboutnici - 12-07-2015

(12-06-2015, 08:19 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 11:49 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: We now know Sean knows Diana is not with the royals I'm more ticked off at him for not tell her this. Why hasn't he?

How does that work?

I know Adalind tried to find Diana in season 4, but when she throws out random statements without much concern or even a tear, it bugs me.

You said something above about Renard that has got me to wondering. Also, Speakeasy said something about how well Diana got on with Juliette.

Could Diana be with Juliette? If so, could that be the reason Renard isn't saying anything?

Juliette is dead and didn't Meisner told Renard that Diana is with friends, but I've a feeling we will see her again, before the end of the season. Plus, before she left with Kelly didn't Diana predicted the conception and the birth of her brother Kelly.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 06:11 AM)aboutnici Wrote:

How does that work?

Juliette is dead and didn't Meisner told Renard that Diana is with friends, but I've a feeling we will see her again, before the end of the season. Plus, before she left with Kelly didn't Diana predicted the conception and the birth of her brother Kelly.
Interesting question on Diana predicting Kelly where did you see or get that impression?

How does that work?

I've always thought that Diana remembers everything she remembered it was Juliette in season 3 who when they got to Nick house that got her warm. So when she sees or maybe heard the voice of Juliette with Kenneth she remember the kindness, and we don't know how much Kelly may have taught her about Nick and his friends. Just my thought.