Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - izzy - 10-07-2016

(10-06-2016, 07:20 AM)irukandji Wrote: Oddly enough, I think Trubel is far more sensible than Juliette. She's got her priorities in motion and it appears to me the most important thing to her is being a Grimm. She's not going to let a pregnancy screw that up for her. She might also be thinking that motherhood is not for her in view of her troubled past.

Irukandji,

Thank you for the response. I agree with your comments about Truble, but somehow it makes me sad fro her, given her past. I guess I spent far to much time around martial artist and hard core military types who forgot that the purpose of both is ultimately to defend your life and those you care about, not a substitute for having a life of your own. I see it with some of the gym rats I know, they are exercising so hard for what precisely? So they can spend a couple of more years on a treadmill? We developed the idea of a civil society for a reason. Grimms and wesen are a throw back to feudal times in terms of their interactions. Nick's relationship with Renard, Monro, Rosalee and Bud demonstrated it does not have to be that way. I would just hope that someone Nick's age (be it Renard, Eve/Juliette, or Adalind, Monroe, or Rosalee) would tell Truble she still has a choice and does not have to walk this dark path.

I guess my point is, yes being a Grimm is the most important thing in her life...now. And if she goes down this path much more she may never be able to walk another path. But at this stage in her life she knows really nothing else. Other people around her have known something else and know there is more to life. Frankly I think it is darn sick, no one intervenes.

(10-06-2016, 07:20 AM)irukandji Wrote: Last and certainly my least favorite person, Nick. I know you think he's taken well to fatherhood, izzy. I don't. Even the cute scene between him and Kelly fell flat in my opinion because it was apparent that Nick was completely thinking of himself. Otherwise, he wouldn't have looked at his baby and asked him if he could say or spell Grimm. (I can't recall which one he said). Either one, it just made Nick look more like a selfish doofus than ever.

It is not so much that, my dearest little JellyFish, it is more I am just desirous of seeing fatherhood portrayed on the screen as the redemptive and transformational experience it can be for "wayward/immature/arrested adolescent" males.

I agree, the idea that he would wish the Grimm life on his son is simply sick.

I study the old west a bit, and it amazes me how many people wanted to be caught or picked a fight they knew they would lose, just because they were tired of running, hiding, and always looking over their shoulder.

Most pleasant regards...

RE: Diana - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 02:06 PM)irukandji Wrote: It's an interesting thought, Adriano. But (as usual for me), Grimm has never established any special connection between Nick and Diana. In my opinion, Diana is completely ambivalent to Nick. There is no reason for her to help him. There is, however, a primary reason for her to help her father.

So here's a question. Let's say for the sake of argument, Diana did not intervene and Conrad survived. Would he punish Renard for what happened that night?

If Sean didn't attack Conrad I don’t see why Conrad would punish Sean. Sean got Nick in prison. Conrad got Nick to another and left him run away. Conrad’s soldiers were responsible for Nick and failed. And Sean was important for Conrad since he is the new mayor.
About Nick and Diana, you are right about the fact that the show never established a special DIRECT connection between Nick and Diana. But there are indirect connections in the show that the writers can use to create a plot line around them. I am not saying they will. But I am saying they can do it.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 02:42 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: If Sean didn't attack Conrad I don’t see why Conrad would punish Sean. Sean got Nick in prison. Conrad got Nick to another and left him run away. Conrad’s soldiers were responsible for Nick and failed. And Sean was important for Conrad since he is the new mayor.

The reason I asked the question is that it seems to me that Renard, to a certain extent, fears Bonaparte. If I am correct on this, then Renard would view Bonaparte as the superior, and in a position to punish him if things don't go according to the Black Claw plan.

(10-07-2016, 02:42 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: About Nick and Diana, you are right about the fact that the show never established a special DIRECT connection between Nick and Diana. But there are indirect connections in the show that the writers can use to create a plot line around them. I am not saying they will. But I am saying they can do it.

In my opinion, I think the biggest tipoff that there wasn't even an indirect connection between them came with the death of Nick's mother.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 10:06 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 08:52 AM)irukandji Wrote: Thanks, Adriano. I think Diana knew all along where Adalind was. She just didn't contact her until she was ready to control the situation. In other words, there's some reason why she wants Renard and Adalind together. If Diana lives through the next season, I believe she will be a big factor in keeping Nick and Adalind apart.

(10-07-2016, 05:28 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Also a good point the only time so far we seen Diana help another is first with killing Conrad and telling Nick he in danger. Can we take this as a change in Diana or is she looking out for only Diana and these acts were to help her in someway yet unknown?

Irukandji, jsgrimm45 is right about the fact that we only saw Diana helping someone twice… And in both situations she helped Nick. It doesn’t make sense yet… if you think about it. She killed Rachel because she wanted Sean and Adelaind together. It would be better for Diana if Nick was dead… (Since Nick somehow is for Adelaind what Rachel was for Sean). I don’t think Diana helped Nick because of Nick’s mommy (she would have helped her against the royals soldiers). I don’t believe she helped Nick because of her little brother either. Why did Diana use Sean to kill Conrad just before would fight Nick and didn’t the same before Conrad killed Meisner?

I wouldn’t be surprised if in the end Diana is the big villain … The one who manipulated everyone, even the Juliette’s transformation…

I was thinking in a crazy theory… Nick’s blood was an important element in Diana’s born and power condition. If Adelaind hasn’t loose her powers she wouldn’t have went trough the recovery hexanbiest ritual. While the ritual was one of the elements that made Diana so powerful, probably the Grimm blood in Adelaind was also an element. What if… is there a connection between Nick and Diana that only Diana knows about? Maybe that would explain why Diana protected Nick twice… self-protection?
The blood that is a very interesting point now you are correct Nick toke Adalind's powers so likely his blood as a Grimm would have some effect on Diana. So the question becomes what does this mean for Diana or Nick. Reading @irukandji posts on this where see doesn't think Diana has a connection (paraphrasing) I think you are on to something with the blood. Diana may not know this yet but she may have no power or Nick or she may have a link with Nick to help if needed. This link could be stronger that she knows or Renard knows. We have been told that Renard tries to get Diana to kill Nick. So if you are correct the link could come into play in the fact that she can't.

Coudl this blood link be so strong that hurting Nick hurts her?

(10-07-2016, 03:54 PM)irukandji Wrote: The reason I asked the question is that it seems to me that Renard, to a certain extent, fears Bonaparte. If I am correct on this, then Renard would view Bonaparte as the superior, and in a position to punish him if things don't go according to the Black Claw plan.

You are right about Sean. But I think it was a little strange for him. Maybe Sean was just pretending to be afraid of Conrad... Maybe he wanted to let Adelaind afraid of Conrad. Or maybe he wanted to make Conrad to believe Sean was afraid of him... I don't know. I just don't think it make sense for Sean to be affraid of Conrad.

(10-07-2016, 03:54 PM)irukandji Wrote: In my opinion, I think the biggest tipoff that there wasn't even an indirect connection between them came with the death of Nick's mother.

And in my opinion... Diana and Nick have at least one connection: Nick's blood was part of the magical process that ended up creating Diana’s power. I just don’t know if it means something or nothing.

(10-07-2016, 03:58 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The blood that is a very interesting point now you are correct Nick toke Adalind's powers so likely his blood as a Grimm would have some effect on Diana. So the question becomes what does this mean for Diana or Nick. Reading @irukandji posts on this where see doesn't think Diana has a connection (paraphrasing) I think you are on to something with the blood. Diana may not know this yet but she may have no power or Nick or she may have a link with Nick to help if needed. This link could be stronger that she knows or Renard knows. We have been told that Renard tries to get Diana to kill Nick. So if you are correct the link could come into play in the fact that she can't.

Coudl this blood link be so strong that hurting Nick husts her?

This is a card the writers can play. Diana and Nick ways are always crossing. Nick took Adelaind’s power. Diana was born while Adelaind had Nick’s blood in her and I think you are one of those who believe Nick’s blood was one of the elements responsible for Juliette transformation. Diana and Adelaind were taken by Kelly to Nick’s house. Diana was protected and raised for a time by Kelly. Now Nick’s son is Diana’s brother. Maybe all those coincidences (synchronicity) were created by some magical link between them that they don’t even know it exists.
Again… this is a card the writers of the show can choose to play or not.

(10-07-2016, 04:20 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: You are right about Sean. But I think it was a little strange for him. Maybe Sean was just pretending to be afraid of Conrad... Maybe he wanted to let Adelaind afraid of Conrad. Or maybe he wanted to make Conrad to believe Sean was afraid of him... I don't know. I just don't think it make sense for Sean to be affraid of Conrad.

So did Renard suggest to Bonaparte that he magically force Adalind to participate in the one big happy family scenario to strengthen his campaign? Or was that totally Bonaparte's idea?

Just from my own perspective, I think it was Bonaparte's idea. I think Bonaparte is calling the shots and Renard is just a tool to help him accomplish whatever agenda he was trying for.

RE: Diana - Hell Rell - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 04:20 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 03:54 PM)irukandji Wrote: The reason I asked the question is that it seems to me that Renard, to a certain extent, fears Bonaparte. If I am correct on this, then Renard would view Bonaparte as the superior, and in a position to punish him if things don't go according to the Black Claw plan.

You are right about Sean. But I think it was a little strange for him. Maybe Sean was just pretending to be afraid of Conrad... Maybe he wanted to let Adelaind afraid of Conrad. Or maybe he wanted to make Conrad to believe Sean was afraid of him... I don't know. I just don't think it make sense for Sean to be affraid of Conrad.

(10-07-2016, 03:54 PM)irukandji Wrote: In my opinion, I think the biggest tipoff that there wasn't even an indirect connection between them came with the death of Nick's mother.

And in my opinion... Diana and Nick have at least one connection: Nick's blood was part of the magical process that ended up creating Diana’s power. I just don’t know if it means something or nothing.

(10-07-2016, 03:58 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The blood that is a very interesting point now you are correct Nick toke Adalind's powers so likely his blood as a Grimm would have some effect on Diana. So the question becomes what does this mean for Diana or Nick. Reading @irukandji posts on this where see doesn't think Diana has a connection (paraphrasing) I think you are on to something with the blood. Diana may not know this yet but she may have no power or Nick or she may have a link with Nick to help if needed. This link could be stronger that she knows or Renard knows. We have been told that Renard tries to get Diana to kill Nick. So if you are correct the link could come into play in the fact that she can't.

Coudl this blood link be so strong that hurting Nick husts her?

This is a card the writers can play. Diana and Nick ways are always crossing. Nick took Adelaind’s power. Diana was born while Adelaind had Nick’s blood in her and I think you are one of those who believe Nick’s blood was one of the elements responsible for Juliette transformation. Diana and Adelaind were taken by Kelly to Nick’s house. Diana was protected and raised for a time by Kelly. Now Nick’s son is Diana’s brother. Maybe all those coincidences (synchronicity) were created by some magical link between them that they don’t even know it exists.
Again… this is a card the writers of the show can choose to play or not.

I originally thought Nick and Diana would have some type of connection because of his blood as well but nothing came out of it. I actually thought that was the reason she was so powerful until it was revealed that the ritual was responsible for her amazing powers.

The only possible link I've seen between the two was Diana coveting Kelly's locket. She seemed to want to hold on to it and Kelly even let her keep it when Adalind tried to give it back. What happened to that locket anyway?

RE: Diana - syscrash - 10-07-2016

Diana actions seemed to be driven by her wanting the make Adalind happy. Take the scene where she meet Sean. She reacted as she thought she should. She acts exactly like an alien would act trying to emulate what they have seen how a human should react. This is where i give Hanna a lot of credit. To be able to go through the actions without the emotions.

What I am not sure is Diana trying to act human to blend in or because she has a desire to feel human.

(10-07-2016, 04:39 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 04:20 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: You are right about Sean. But I think it was a little strange for him. Maybe Sean was just pretending to be afraid of Conrad... Maybe he wanted to let Adelaind afraid of Conrad. Or maybe he wanted to make Conrad to believe Sean was afraid of him... I don't know. I just don't think it make sense for Sean to be affraid of Conrad.

So did Renard suggest to Bonaparte that he magically force Adalind to participate in the one big happy family scenario to strengthen his campaign? Or was that totally Bonaparte's idea?

Just from my own perspective, I think it was Bonaparte's idea. I think Bonaparte is calling the shots and Renard is just a tool to help him accomplish whatever agenda he was trying for.

You are right about Bonaparte. The happy family and everything else was his idea. That was not my point. My point is that Sean saw in the BC an opportunity for power. Hee is not with BC because he fears BC. He is with BC because he believes he can win something from BC. Being close to Bonaparte and acquiring his trust are part of Sean self plan. Bonaparte was using Sean to raise BC power. Sean was using BC to raise his own power. That was my point.

(10-07-2016, 09:04 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: You are right about Bonaparte. The happy family and everything else was his idea. That was not my point. My point is that Sean saw in the BC an opportunity for power. Hee is not with BC because he fears BC. He is with BC because he believes he can win something from BC. Being close to Bonaparte and acquiring his trust are part of Sean self plan. Bonaparte was using Sean to raise BC power. Sean was using BC to raise his own power. That was my point.

Adriano, I understood your point. I just wanted to know what you thought in regard to my questions.

I'm not disagreeing with you that Sean saw an opportunity for power with BC. He did. It was obvious from what he told Nick.

I'm just saying it appeared to me that Renard feared Bonaparte. I was thinking about the scene where Bonaparte turned Adalind to stone, slipped the cursed ring on her finger, and threatened her and her children. I was wondering what Renard would have done if he had been present. I think he wouldn't have done a thing, not because he approved of Bonaparte's methods, but because he was afraid of what might happen to him if he did interfere.

I don't think Renard would have liked what Bonaparte did to Adalind. However, despite being a slimy and unethical character who's out for his own good, the one thing I've never seen Renard do is physically hurt a woman. In fact, he's actually helped Juliette and Adalind on occasion without any benefit for himself. But in this case, he wouldn't dare interfere with Bonaparte. He would have taken a gigantic risk in doing so.

Nick had pretty much defeated Bonaparte's henchmen that were sent to the fome to kill him. It was only when he was fighting Bonaparte that it appeared he was going to lose. This time Renard was present and had a weapon in his hand. However, he did nothing to help Bonaparte and nothing to help Nick.

You are right, Renard had the power. Had he helped Bonaparte to kill Nick, he would have become even more powerful. Yet he did nothing. If Bonaparte had won the fight, how would he have interpreted Renard's lack of assistance? Would he have rewarded him for staying out of the fight, or punished him for insubordination? I have a feeling Bonaparte would not have been happy with Renard and would have punished him. Bonaparte appears to be a leader who deals severely with those who defy him. Renard having a weapon in hand and not aiding in killing Nick could be looked upon as an act of defiance.

I know the consensus is that Diana helped Nick that night, but I don't think so. I think she helped Renard. I have a feeling Diana's still working on uniting Renard with Adalind.