Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - brandon - 07-12-2016

appeared the Berserk.Portland will be the cradle of three mixed race babies.It never would have happened..Sean and Adalind.Nick and Adalind.Rosalee and Monroe.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 07-12-2016

Quote:I agree but wonder how they will do it like will we see a more adult Diana or a childish Diana? Will we see Kelly's values or Renard values?

You are still seeing Diana as a person. From the time Diana was created by Stefanie she was a fully formed entity. Diana is a host. Remember Adalind had not even delivered when Diana killed the guy coming after Adalind. Then there is the illusion to gather wood and creating a fire. Diana has, is, and will always be ambivalent. Dana is only waiting for the body to grow to a point where she can be on her own. IN the mean time she is trying what she thinks. They show she has been reading the book about fairy tails. What does she do reenacts what she read using Sean and Adalind. When Diana meet Sean it was just like when she meet Adalind. She reacted as expected not as a child that misses her parents.

you mean the guy at the hotel in Viena?That was because abruptly grab the belly of Adalind,

It is not what she did. It is the fact that a fetus can kill someone. This supports the idea Diana is not a child. It is one thing to have the ability. It is another to have the mind set to figure out how to kill.

There is one perspective I have not seen anyone post. From the time Adalind got the bright idea to get pregnant. I mean she deliberately had a child for the only reason to trade for her powers. Yet Juliette is the monster. All actions and deaths have been directly and indirectly connected to Diana. Who is only here because of Adalind. Diana replaced the keys as the reason for the deaths committed by the Royals. Take the ending of season three. Sean is shot, Adalind has sleep with Nick and took his powers. Trubel is accused of murder. Western Stewart would still be an FBI agent if not for being sent to get Diana. Without Diana there would not be a Kelly, or an Eve. The show said something would change the world. Just the fact that there is a Diana has been the reason for a lot of events.

the other things happened when Adalind felt he had lost his daughter.the fury of a mother.
Diana was to be sold;maternal feelings awoke Adalind-I think women are not born with that instinct, at least most do not.Nick did not think it would be a good mother,perhaps by as was the relationship between them.I not think I've thought about it.-Adalind-

The point is, Adalind's mind conceived the idea of creating a child for the sole purpose of trading for her powers. It is find that after the birth she felt the need to be a mother. But that still does not alter what she did. Nothing has shown Adalind would not still go to any lengths to get what she wants. The have made Diana aware even before she was born. For her to not know how she came to be seems unreasonable. But then again even if she does know. Diana seems like someone who that fact would not make a difference.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 07-13-2016

(07-12-2016, 04:35 PM)syscrash Wrote: The point is, Adalind's mind conceived the idea of creating a child for the sole purpose of trading for her powers. It is find that after the birth she felt the need to be a mother. But that still does not alter what she did. Nothing has shown Adalind would not still go to any lengths to get what she wants. The have made Diana aware even before she was born. For her to not know how she came to be seems unreasonable. But then again even if she does know. Diana seems like someone who that fact would not make a difference.
Interesting point we know Diana was aware of the outside world in the womb but she may have felt the change of heart in Adalind. Just guessing.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 07-13-2016

Even if Diana did detect the change in Adalind. From what we have seen of Diana. It would not have made a difference. Just like Eve, she is aware of what happened or is going on. They are just ambivalent to it.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 07-15-2016

A nice twist would be to have Diana protect Kelly. Since Kelly protected Diana when she was little.
I get the feeling Diana is not the little girl we see. I have always wondered if it is not Diana who is controlling her situation. Think about it. If Adalind had not got kicked off the team. She would have reunited with Diana back in season 4. It would help explain her ambivalence to those taking care of her being attacked. If she was the one that was manipulating things to get back to Adalind. I could see Adalind and Diana working together. It will be unclear if Adalind will be controlling Diana or will Diana be manipulating Adalind.

RE: Diana - Robyn - 07-17-2016

Quote:Nick only found out after BC had taken Diana. The time for Adalind to tell Nick about Meisner and Diana was when she asked him to see what he could find out. If Adalind had told NIck who would have told Meisner. There would have been extra guards on the safe house. Even if they moved Diana to somewhere else. At least BC could not use Diana as leverage.

This is a purely strategic approach with only Nick’s and HW’s ‘greater good’ as the endgame. Individuals, especially when it’s about their children, react with emotion. Emotions can drive a person to take drastic measures that don’t fit within the strategy guidelines of others’ objectives. To suggest that Adalind should agree to the desired endgame of Kelly, Nick, HW, or any other faction, makes the character Adalind even more of a caricature than the writers/show has done for five seasons. The show has at least presented Adalind as a three dimensional character in her mother role - one who wants her child back and doesn’t give a damn about the goals of those who want the benefit of her daughter’s power. Adalind telling Nick Renard believes Meisner has Diana might have prevented BC from taking her. But it would also risk the slither of opportunity Adalind had to get Diana back.

You seem to suggest Nick might have told Adalind Meisner had Diana if he’d found out sooner. When he did find out, there wasn’t any indication he wasn’t fully on board with HW’s plan to get Diana back and never tell Adalind. It was an exact repeat of Nick being completely on board with Kelly taking Diana and making Adalind believe the Royals had her. I don’t understand why you think Nick would have done anything to help Adalind get Diana back. He didn’t do anything proactive when told his son could be in danger.

As viewers we might speculate Diana is an immensely powerful entity using those around her for her own endgame. But Adalind, as a mother, is clinging to the belief that Diana is a little girl and will cling to that belief to the bitter end. It’s how lifelike, three dimensional fictional characters behave. If Adalind takes the stance that whatever is best for Nick and his greater good endgame should also be her goal, then Adalind is neither lifelike nor three dimensional, but rather, a flat-drawn caricature to be pulled off the shelf as needed.

And personally, with the total lack of controversy between Nick and his group, Adalind not towing the line as one of his mindless followers is a breath of fresh air.

Quote:There is one perspective I have not seen anyone post. From the time Adalind got the bright idea to get pregnant. I mean she deliberately had a child for the only reason to trade for her powers. Yet Juliette is the monster. All actions and deaths have been directly and indirectly connected to Diana. Who is only here because of Adalind. Diana replaced the keys as the reason for the deaths committed by the Royals. Take the ending of season three. Sean is shot, Adalind has sleep with Nick and took his powers. Trubel is accused of murder. Western Stewart would still be an FBI agent if not for being sent to get Diana. Without Diana there would not be a Kelly, or an Eve. The show said something would change the world. Just the fact that there is a Diana has been the reason for a lot of events.

You’re referring to the ripple effect, but for some reason you’re starting in the middle rather the beginning. Renard has always been the person holding and aiming the weapon. Adalind has never been more than a gun, and often only bullets. Even when seemingly acting on her own, Adalind has never been in control. From the pilot episode to the season five finale, everything Adalind has done or attempted to do has either been under Renard’s scrutiny or manipulated by his direct involvement.

Had Renard not used Adalind to kill Marie then kill Hank to get the key, Adalind wouldn’t have lost her Hexenbiest and wouldn’t have needed the pregnancy to get her Hexenbiest back. Renard knew of Adalind’s pregnancy plans. He could have had Adalind taken to someone who would have aborted the pregnancy instead of letting the pregnancy come to term then arranging to have mother & child smuggled to safety.

I would have loved to see Adalind take charge of her life at some point and become a threat that would send Nick and Renard running for cover. But sadly, Adalind is as submissive with Nick in S5 as she was with Renard in S1. Diana might be the grand finale big bad but it was Renard who kicked the can and started it’s downhill roll.