Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 04:13 AM)syscrash Wrote: Here is a question I pose to people who speculate about Diana. Does anyone still think that Diana being with what was perceived the wrong hands would have influenced her. Does anyone think, Diana being with Kelly, then HW, followed by BC had any effect on her. Every time poster try and frame comments about Diana from the perspective of a child I laugh. Diana has never been a child never thought like a child. We have seen, no one has been able to provide even the smallest of influence over Diana. The Diana we saw escaping from Vienna is the same Diana we are seeing now. It makes me wonder exactly what people are basing the idea of Diana being part of this happy family. Lets start with we have seen more hexenbiest then any other wesen. Not one hexenbiest have we seen even allude to having had some kind of family relation. Add to this Diana does not seem to form any type of attachments. I can not find one thing that would lead to thinking a happy family is possible. Other then those posters who only see rainbows and unicorns as the only possible outcomes.
Because of the rapid aging we only get to see her when she reappears older. They writers have never show us the home life of Diana. So to your point I would go this way may be incorrect but have debate the case of Diana and home. We have been told that a child's personality is formed for the most part by age 3 to 4, so when we see Diana with Kelly adding the rapid aging that is likely the time her personality formed.

We would have to see the family life with Kelly to aid in understanding Diana now. On your point on hexenbiest I think Elizabeth showed caring with Sean dieing, and in helping Nick. Everyone has different levels of affections and reaction what I see in Diana is a logical mind not an emotional mind she fits with my personality I don't deal well with emotional people, I don't understand them.

So the character Diana I can understand, as logical does that mean she can't care for someone no it just means she will care in a different way. She looks to me maybe only me that she wants to create the life she had with Kelly but lacks the understanding of how to do this, because she is logical not emotional she thinks differently that those around her. Now we Adalind make a good mother to Kelly and we have to assume that Adalind loves Kelly and Diana so Diana may pick up on Adalind mood.

Just a thought don't forget the 5 dollars.

RE: Diana - Kathryn Wooten - 07-11-2016

Because obviously Diana was not shown Love and empathy and that's why she grown up the way she has

RE: Diana - Robyn - 07-11-2016

(07-10-2016, 06:32 PM)syscrash Wrote: With Nick working as close as he is with Meisner who's main asset is Juliette. Adalind would have reason to think Nick is working against her. Remember she blackmailed Nick into helping her by using his son. It could be because of his son that Nick is playing along with Adalind's advances. Until he is able to take his son away from her. They same as they are doing with her daughter. Nick has never initiated any advance toward Adalind. Why would she not think he was using her.
That’s how I expected Adalind to be in S5, but I didn’t see that on the show. The writers seemed determined to have Adalind in love with Nick and completely trusting him. The why, how & WTF of Adalind loving and trusting Nick alludes me.

(07-10-2016, 06:32 PM)syscrash Wrote: HW and Meisner was interested in the group working with them. Yet it was never even suggested they where interested in Adalind, even though they knew they had her daughter. When Meisner saw Adalind with Nick why didn't he try and recruit her.
I think parts or variations of this ended up on the cutting room floor. Greenwalt said in a interview that parts of the latter half were rewritten because the story wasn’t moving in the direction they either intended or switched to - can’t remember which.

Claire Coffey said in an interview that Adalind would eventually side with HW in it’s fight against BC and be swept up in the war in a serious way. The serious way may be Renard/Diana/Bonaparte. Adalind warned Nick but nothing that aired suggested she’d joined or even sided with HW.

She also said that Eve decides to involve herself in Nick's home life because she’s worried his relationship with Adalind will affect his loyalty to Hadrian's Wall. We now know that scene was changed to Eve threatening Adalind and possibly experiencing old feelings for Nick.

I think part of what ended up on the cutting room floor might have been Meisner reaching out to Adalind, and possibly her reunion with Diana coming from a different source. But looking at it solely from the scenes that aired, it’s reasonable that Meisner only heard Eve’s side of the story about Adalind.

(07-11-2016, 04:13 AM)syscrash Wrote: Here is a question I pose to people who speculate about Diana. Does anyone still think that Diana being with what was perceived the wrong hands would have influenced her. Does anyone think, Diana being with Kelly, then HW, followed by BC had any effect on her. Every time poster try and frame comments about Diana from the perspective of a child I laugh. Diana has never been a child never thought like a child. We have seen, no one has been able to provide even the smallest of influence over Diana. The Diana we saw escaping from Vienna is the same Diana we are seeing now. It makes me wonder exactly what people are basing the idea of Diana being part of this happy family. Lets start with we have seen more hexenbiest then any other wesen. Not one hexenbiest have we seen even allude to having had some kind of family relation. Add to this Diana does not seem to form any type of attachments. I can not find one thing that would lead to thinking a happy family is possible. Other then those posters who only see rainbows and unicorns as the only possible outcomes.
The show has kept Diana ambiguous from day one. It allows them to take the character in any direction they choose without restrictions of past behavior. The way the show has set up Diana, Adalind & Renard could believably realize that because of her chaotic beginning she has been unable to bond/love. They could also believably realize they don’t actually have a daughter, but rather, a powerful entity that is currently residing in a child-size body. Diana may be a Hexenbiest because of her mother’s bloodline, but she could be much more than that because of spells/rituals/potions while in utero. Like I said, a very ambiguous character.

The show decided to contradict the Hexenbiest can’t bond/form family ties theory with Adalind. For whatever reason, at the end of S5 the show presented Adalind as completely in love with and completely loyal to Nick. She refused to help Bonaparte find him more than once, and initially resisted when the choking started.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 04:13 AM)syscrash Wrote: Diana has never been a child never thought like a child. We have seen, no one has been able to provide even the smallest of influence over Diana. The Diana we saw escaping from Vienna is the same Diana we are seeing now.

Statements like these that really make me wish Grimm would do some indepth stories on magic spells, potions, and entities like hexenbiests.

Do you think the hexenbiest in Diana is part of Frau Pech's hexenbiest?

RE: Diana - syscrash - 07-11-2016

Quote:The show decided to contradict the Hexenbiest can’t bond/form family ties theory with Adalind. For whatever reason, at the end of S5 the show presented Adalind as completely in love with and completely loyal to Nick. She refused to help Bonaparte find him more than once, and initially resisted when the choking started.
If Adaqlind was loyal to Nick she would still be with Nick. For five seasons and countless times Nick has solved problems worse then why Adalind ran away. Adalind did not even give Nick a chance to try and retrieve Diana. Her is the question I don't understand. At the warehouse it was Adalind and Diana. They are hexebiest, what in that warehose could have stopped them. Why not just take Diana's hand and walk out. That is what I always wondered about Adalind and Sean. He has no powers, why not fry his brain. The same with when they drugged her. She could not detect someone else was there. why not do to them what she did to Tony. The guy had Juliette pined she blows his head off. Nick pin Adalind she bites him. It nothing else she could have gave him a bad headache. It seems like Adalind panics in tough situations.

RE: Diana - brandon - 07-11-2016

Diana It could be compared to a gifted child.born with a certain curiosity about things.
the Wesen others develop later...as explained Monroe.It could be the same with the "Hexenbiest".children are normal at first and then at puberty-10 years'they develop

RE: Diana - Robyn - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 05:20 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:The show decided to contradict the Hexenbiest can’t bond/form family ties theory with Adalind. For whatever reason, at the end of S5 the show presented Adalind as completely in love with and completely loyal to Nick. She refused to help Bonaparte find him more than once, and initially resisted when the choking started.
If Adaqlind was loyal to Nick she would still be with Nick. For five seasons and countless times Nick has solved problems worse then why Adalind ran away. Adalind did not even give Nick a chance to try and retrieve Diana. Her is the question I don't understand. At the warehouse it was Adalind and Diana. They are hexebiest, what in that warehose could have stopped them. Why not just take Diana's hand and walk out. That is what I always wondered about Adalind and Sean. He has no powers, why not fry his brain. The same with when they drugged her. She could not detect someone else was there. why not do to them what she did to Tony. The guy had Juliette pined she blows his head off. Nick pin Adalind she bites him. It nothing else she could have gave him a bad headache. It seems like Adalind panics in tough situations.
A woman putting her children first doesn't disrupt the family bond. A man expecting a woman to put him before the children would disrupt the family bond.

Adalind panics and either under or over reacts. Why probably has more to do with the writers needing a specific reaction to move the scene in a necessary direction, whether Adalind or any of the other characters.

What exactly should Adalind have done in addition to telling Nick about Renard and Diana? Adalind doesn't know, but viewers know Nick found out that Meisner had Diana stashed away. His reaction to the news didn't indicate the slightest concern for Diana or Adalind asking him to help her find her daughter.

Don't know who this Nick is that would have helped Adalind had she'd given him a chance. Unless you're talking about the guy who told Adalind to let him know if she heard from Renard again then turned over and went back to sleep. Is that the Nick you're talking about?

Nick only found out after BC had taken Diana. The time for Adalind to tell Nick about Meisner and Diana was when she asked him to see what he could find out. If Adalind had told NIck who would have told Meisner. There would have been extra guards on the safe house. Even if they moved Diana to somewhere else. At least BC could not use Diana as leverage.

Remember back in season three there was warning that something that would change the world is coming, right when Adalind gave birth to Diana. Season 6 could be all about Diana. She is now old enough to be an active character. So far she has not been the main focus of an event. She has been the reason but not the perpetrator of many events. I could see her getting the same focus and the trubel character.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 07-12-2016

(07-11-2016, 10:00 PM)syscrash Wrote: Remember back in season three there was warning that something that would change the world is coming, right when Adalind gave birth to Diana. Season 6 could be all about Diana. She is now old enough to be an active character. So far she has not been the main focus of an event. She has been the reason but not the perpetrator of many events. I could see her getting the same focus and the trubel character.
I agree but wonder how they will do it like will we see a more adult Diana or a childish Diana? Will we see Kelly's values or Renard values?