Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - syscrash - 07-09-2016

Even if Adalind did not tell Nick. Why would she not make a effort to talk to Meisner. Especially since there are multiple people that can put her in contact with him. But to trust that Sean will follow through, rather then her following up on the Meisner lead does not make sense. Especially since Adalind has more ways of contacting Meisner then Sean.

RE: Diana - Robyn - 07-10-2016

(07-09-2016, 02:10 PM)syscrash Wrote: Her is a question about Adalind's choices when it comes to Diana. Adalind ask Nick to find out about Diana. This request came after Adalind meet with Sean who told her Meisner had Diana and said she was safe. Could someone give me a possible spin on why Adalind did not ask Nick to check with Meisner about Diana. or why didn't Adalind tell Trubel she wanted to talk to Meisner. Instead she relied on Sean to put her in contact with Diana.

(07-09-2016, 06:52 PM)syscrash Wrote: Even if Adalind did not tell Nick. Why would she not make a effort to talk to Meisner. Especially since there are multiple people that can put her in contact with him. But to trust that Sean will follow through, rather then her following up on the Meisner lead does not make sense. Especially since Adalind has more ways of contacting Meisner then Sean.

I assumed Adalind was hoping to confirm whether Renard was telling her the truth about Meisner taking Diana. Asking Nick to find out what he could about Diana based on his mistake about Juliette being on the helicopter seemed to be her only option without alerting Meisner or Nick of what she knew/suspected.

Why Adalind didn’t share Renard’s claim about Diana’s whereabouts with Nick and/or Meisner doesn’t require a spin. Nick didn’t get a hit running a name through a data base and forgot about it, dismissing Adalind’s need to be with her daughter as he had since the first kidnapping. Adalind soon learned Meisner was just one more on a long list of people who wanted Diana for their own benefit.

Adalind’s reaction to the situation confirms it had nothing to do with trusting Renard. As it’s always been, Adalind was on her own and Renard & BC was the only course available that might reconnect her with Diana.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 05:18 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 02:10 PM)syscrash Wrote: Her is a question about Adalind's choices when it comes to Diana. Adalind ask Nick to find out about Diana. This request came after Adalind meet with Sean who told her Meisner had Diana and said she was safe. Could someone give me a possible spin on why Adalind did not ask Nick to check with Meisner about Diana. or why didn't Adalind tell Trubel she wanted to talk to Meisner. Instead she relied on Sean to put her in contact with Diana.

(07-09-2016, 06:52 PM)syscrash Wrote: Even if Adalind did not tell Nick. Why would she not make a effort to talk to Meisner. Especially since there are multiple people that can put her in contact with him. But to trust that Sean will follow through, rather then her following up on the Meisner lead does not make sense. Especially since Adalind has more ways of contacting Meisner then Sean.

I assumed Adalind was hoping to confirm whether Renard was telling her the truth about Meisner taking Diana. Asking Nick to find out what he could about Diana based on his mistake about Juliette being on the helicopter seemed to be her only option without alerting Meisner or Nick of what she knew/suspected.

Why Adalind didn’t share Renard’s claim about Diana’s whereabouts with Nick and/or Meisner doesn’t require a spin. Nick didn’t get a hit running a name through a data base and forgot about it, dismissing Adalind’s need to be with her daughter as he had since the first kidnapping. Adalind soon learned Meisner was just one more on a long list of people who wanted Diana for their own benefit.

Adalind’s reaction to the situation confirms it had nothing to do with trusting Renard. As it’s always been, Adalind was on her own and Renard & BC was the only course available that might reconnect her with Diana.
Just watch Season 5 episode 16 that is the episode where Adalind asks Nick to try and find Diana. The questions was you thought Juliette go on the helicopter and didn't is it possible that Diana didn't also. At the time Adalind and Sean hadn't meet.

I'll keep watching until I find the one where Adalind does find out from Sean at Meisner was there.. May have been late into the season to give time for Nick to ask Meisner. Adalind may leave Nick before he can ask Meisner.

RE: Diana - degrimm - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 05:35 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Just watch Season 5 episode 15 that is the episode where Adalind asks Nick to try and find Diana. The questions was you thought Juliette go on the helicopter and didn't is it possible that Diana didn't also. At the time Adalind and Sean hadn't meet.

I'll keep watching until I find the one where Adalind does find out from Sean at Meisner was there.. May have been late into the season to give time for Nick to ask Meisner. Adalind may leave Nick before he can ask Meisner.

it was in episode 14; that was why she told nick to find diana for him. she found out from sean that diana was with the resistance so she told nick to find her.

(07-10-2016, 05:46 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 05:35 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Just watch Season 5 episode 15 that is the episode where Adalind asks Nick to try and find Diana. The questions was you thought Juliette go on the helicopter and didn't is it possible that Diana didn't also. At the time Adalind and Sean hadn't meet.

it was in episode 14; that was why she told nick to find diana for him. she found out from sean that diana was with the resistance so she told nick to find her.
Your correct on episode 14 when Renard tells Adalind but when she to Nick to to try and find her she didn't tell about the resistance. She just asked him to check in on finding her.

Later I think episode 17 or 18 she tells Nick that Renard did tell her about the resistance having Diana. Than things started to move very fast with her moving out.

(07-10-2016, 06:42 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Your correct on episode 14 when Renard tells Adalind but when she to Nick to to try and find her she didn't tell about the resistance. She just asked him to check in on finding her.

Later I think episode 17 or 18 she tells Nick that Renard did tell her about the resistance having Diana. Than things started to move very fast with her moving out.
I thought the first Adalind/Renard meeting happened first, so thanks for checking it out. I assumed Adalind didn’t tell Nick about her meeting with Renard or their conversation about Diana because she needed to distinguish the truth, if any, of what Renard was telling her and determine if Meisner/the Resistance/HW actually had Diana and whether Nick knew, and if so, how long he’d known about her daughter’s whereabouts and didn’t tell her.

The show confuses me a little with the way it portrayed Adalind in S5. On the one hand she appeared to be in love with Nick and completely trust him, but on the other hand, if Adalind trusted Nick she would have told him of her meeting with Renard and that BC planned to take Diana. The only reasonable explanation for her not telling Nick is that she didn’t trust him or Meisner to help her get Diana back. Which makes sense considering both men have kidnapped Diana, but that Adalind believes she’s in love with one of the kidnappers doesn’t make sense.

(07-10-2016, 07:50 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 06:42 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Your correct on episode 14 when Renard tells Adalind but when she to Nick to to try and find her she didn't tell about the resistance. She just asked him to check in on finding her.

I thought the first Adalind/Renard meeting happened first, so thanks for checking it out. I assumed Adalind didn’t tell Nick about her meeting with Renard or their conversation about Diana because she needed to distinguish the truth, if any, of what Renard was telling her and determine if Meisner/the Resistance/HW actually had Diana and whether Nick knew, and if so, how long he’d known about her daughter’s whereabouts and didn’t tell her.

The show confuses me a little with the way it portrayed Adalind in S5. On the one hand she appeared to be in love with Nick and completely trust him, but on the other hand, if Adalind trusted Nick she would have told him of her meeting with Renard and that BC planned to take Diana. The only reasonable explanation for her not telling Nick is that she didn’t trust him or Meisner to help her get Diana back. Which makes sense considering both men have kidnapped Diana, but that Adalind believes she’s in love with one of the kidnappers doesn’t make sense.
Good point on trust, all the characters other that the scooby's do odd things when it comes to trust. Only the 5 scooby's talk straight to each other, a weakness in the series I guess, but when we look at say Renard it was a smart move not to trust him. None of royals could be trusted, and is one season reason for Nick to trust Adalind.

What Diana back in the picture will any of that change?

(07-10-2016, 10:18 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: What Diana back in the picture will any of that change?
I have no idea what effect Diana will have in S6 because BC bringing Diana to Portland in S5 didn’t make sense. Everyone has wanted Diana because of her potential power, yet BC didn’t seem the least bit interested in Diana’s power. They were adamant that Renard have a ready made family that consisted of Adalind and her two children. There wasn’t even any genuine implication that Renard had to be enticed with Diana before joining BC.

I don’t see Adalind as a strong enough Hexenbiest for BC to consider her even a midlevel threat, especially considering Bonaparte’s powers. But if BC wanted her on their side, Bonaparte could just as easily threatened Nick & Kelly if she didn’t go to Renard, and Bonaparte could have given Adalind a small demonstration of his mental choking power to make his point.

So the whole Diana in S5 doesn’t make sense. The only reasonable scenario I can come up with is that Diana being back in Adalind’s life will cause problems for Nick & Adalind in S6, or, Diana will become uncontrollable and Adalind will have to confront the possibility that Nick will try to kill her daughter.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 07-10-2016

Reading through the replies. Their is an explanation that explains Adalind not telling Nick. Meisner met Adalind yet he said noting about Diana. Yet Adalind knows Meisner told Sean. This could mean Adalind had to make a decision. Would telling Meisner or those working with Meisner keep Sean from retrieving Diana. She would have more faith that Sean would retrieve his daughter. Then Meisner would come clean about something he already knew.
HW and Meisner was interested in the group working with them. Yet it was never even suggested they where interested in Adalind, even though they knew they had her daughter. When Meisner saw Adalind with Nick why didn't he try and recruit her.
From Adalind perspective. If what Sean is saying is true and Meisner does know where Diana is. Then Adalind would have not trust in Meisner. With Nick working as close as he is with Meisner who's main asset is Juliette. Adalind would have reason to think Nick is working against her. Remember she blackmailed Nick into helping her by using his son. It could be because of his son that Nick is playing along with Adalind's advances. Until he is able to take his son away from her. They same as they are doing with her daughter. Nick has never initiated any advance toward Adalind. Why would she not think he was using her.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 07-11-2016

Here is a question I pose to people who speculate about Diana. Does anyone still think that Diana being with what was perceived the wrong hands would have influenced her. Does anyone think, Diana being with Kelly, then HW, followed by BC had any effect on her. Every time poster try and frame comments about Diana from the perspective of a child I laugh. Diana has never been a child never thought like a child. We have seen, no one has been able to provide even the smallest of influence over Diana. The Diana we saw escaping from Vienna is the same Diana we are seeing now. It makes me wonder exactly what people are basing the idea of Diana being part of this happy family. Lets start with we have seen more hexenbiest then any other wesen. Not one hexenbiest have we seen even allude to having had some kind of family relation. Add to this Diana does not seem to form any type of attachments. I can not find one thing that would lead to thinking a happy family is possible. Other then those posters who only see rainbows and unicorns as the only possible outcomes.