Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - Robyn - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 05:44 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: In season 6 Diana has become a wildcard on what she is able to do and what she might do. So going back to season 3 when Adalind shows up at Nick house and Adalind says what are you going to do Nick kill me and my baby, LBB shook the house now the question is did she understand the emotion of Adalind or the words used? I figure it was emotions not the words.

Now that I've said that we can look at season 6 and Adalind and Nick vs Adalind and Sean. Could Diana now understand her mom emotion to Nick? Also in season 3 Kelly took LBB for a time now some here wouldn't agree but I think LBB understands Kelly did love her the emotion of love. I would now apply this to Adalind and Nick.

We could also apply the emotion to baby Kelly, Diana may love him as her little brother, could she feel Kelly wants his mom and dad together? So the wildcard may not be as wild as we might think.

I think Diana is able to remove the ring from Adalind should she want to but she will need to understand the emotions Adalind has for Nick.
The main issue in this theory is that the show has presented Diana as only wanting to be with her parents. She hasn't asked about Kelly. Adalind had to remind her of who Kelly & Nick are when she was hoping Diana would send a warning message to Nick. Diana's time with Kelly also questions how little Diana was taught to control her impulses.

I don't see why Diana would feel more loved by Kelly than any of others that took her. How much positive bonding can a child experience when he's been kidnapped by four different factions in less than three years.

(06-20-2016, 11:06 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: would way to easy to have either the stick or Diana take of the ring. And what would happen to Diana if she did......would losing her powers be a consequence?
Anything that took Diana's powers would be a blessing. Without her powers no one other than Adalind would want her. At the very least the kidnappings would stop.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 06-29-2016

(06-20-2016, 03:42 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 05:44 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: In season 6 Diana has become a wildcard on what she is able to do and what she might do. So going back to season 3 when Adalind shows up at Nick house and Adalind says what are you going to do Nick kill me and my baby, LBB shook the house now the question is did she understand the emotion of Adalind or the words used? I figure it was emotions not the words.

Now that I've said that we can look at season 6 and Adalind and Nick vs Adalind and Sean. Could Diana now understand her mom emotion to Nick? Also in season 3 Kelly took LBB for a time now some here wouldn't agree but I think LBB understands Kelly did love her the emotion of love. I would now apply this to Adalind and Nick.

We could also apply the emotion to baby Kelly, Diana may love him as her little brother, could she feel Kelly wants his mom and dad together? So the wildcard may not be as wild as we might think.

I think Diana is able to remove the ring from Adalind should she want to but she will need to understand the emotions Adalind has for Nick.
The main issue in this theory is that the show has presented Diana as only wanting to be with her parents. She hasn't asked about Kelly. Adalind had to remind her of who Kelly & Nick are when she was hoping Diana would send a warning message to Nick. Diana's time with Kelly also questions how little Diana was taught to control her impulses.

I don't see why Diana would feel more loved by Kelly than any of others that took her. How much positive bonding can a child experience when he's been kidnapped by four different factions in less than three years.

(06-20-2016, 11:06 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: would way to easy to have either the stick or Diana take of the ring. And what would happen to Diana if she did......would losing her powers be a consequence?
Anything that took Diana's powers would be a blessing. Without her powers no one other than Adalind would want her. At the very least the kidnappings would stop.
These posts does open up some new questions. Like Diana losing her powers if she could remove the ring? Looking at Adalind reminding her of (mom) Kelly? The changing of hands so often?

What might the effects be? The ring don't see that at causing her the lost of her powers. She seen in season three when we met her to bond with Kelly before Adalind, so just because Adalind was the one to bring in up did it mean she had forget or the question had never be asked?

Now for baby Kelly knowing the baby is Adalind's son does that fact create a bond in and of itself? There are medical paper that a child personally forms by age 3 or 4 the next time we see her it about that age so living with Kelly may have formed a if not good at least a fair mindset.

Just don't forget the 5 dollars.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 06-29-2016

Do remember Diana is in no way insecure. She also does not create emotional attachments. Diana is not putting Sean and Adalind together because she feels they should be. She is doing it because she thinks they should be. From the time she was born, Diana was shown to adapt to any situation. Eve like Diana, neither seems able to process emotions.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 06-30-2016

(06-29-2016, 07:01 PM)syscrash Wrote: Do remember Diana is in no way insecure. She also does not create emotional attachments. Diana is not putting Sean and Adalind together because she feels they should be. She is doing it because she thinks they should be. From the time she was born, Diana was shown to adapt to any situation. Eve like Diana, neither seems able to process emotions.
This could be correct but for myself we have never seen Diana, like at the HW house she had toys and other items of play she didn't harm anyone there. Now how did she process the house? How did she process Kelly taking care of her. When it comes to Diana we really have very little background on what makes her tick.

So does she lack emotions and emotional connections or are we just being mislead?

RE: Diana - Renardfan99 - 06-30-2016

I am one of those fans that don't see the need for Diana or Kelly Jr., let the adults do their thing for good or evil.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 07-01-2016

Why do posters keep wanting to put Diana in the context of being a child. Diana has never been a child or thought like a child. Even know she is reacting on what she thinks and not what she fields. Every time we have seen Diana she has done what is best for her survival. For Diana one place seems as good as another. Diana is only dangerous to those she perceives as a threat. Twice we have seen Diana kill without even leaving her room. I had wondered if Diana's connection is limited to only those she meet. It is one thing to manipulate someone to kill like she did Sean. It is another to be able to manipulate objects to kill like she did Rachael. How would you stop someone that does not need to be anywhere near you to see you and kill you. It now makes sense why everyone would and will want Diana on their side. I wonder if Eve will have any of Diana's astral projection powers.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 07-02-2016

(07-01-2016, 04:13 PM)syscrash Wrote: Why do posters keep wanting to put Diana in the context of being a child. Diana has never been a child or thought like a child. Even know she is reacting on what she thinks and not what she fields. Every time we have seen Diana she has done what is best for her survival. For Diana one place seems as good as another. Diana is only dangerous to those she perceives as a threat. Twice we have seen Diana kill without even leaving her room. I had wondered if Diana's connection is limited to only those she meet. It is one thing to manipulate someone to kill like she did Sean. It is another to be able to manipulate objects to kill like she did Rachael. How would you stop someone that does not need to be anywhere near you to see you and kill you. It now makes sense why everyone would and will want Diana on their side. I wonder if Eve will have any of Diana's astral projection powers.
They did say Eve would be getting more powers. True we never even in the womb seen a child Diana. The point on only being able to do her thing so to speak on people she know would imply limits to her power. Should we ask other than the sheets to kill Rachel does she control or influence the person or both if needed?

RE: Diana - izzy - 07-02-2016

(06-30-2016, 05:32 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote: I am one of those fans that don't see the need for Diana or Kelly Jr., let the adults do their thing for good or evil.

I agree. I am generally not comfortable with shows that use children in adult situations. About the only portrayal I was comfortable with that I can recall was My side of the mountain.

I will say Kelly Jr. did add a level of depth to Nick's character, as follows:

01) As I noted before, it was hard to take Nick's defense of Adelind and his baby against Juliette as anything other than a strong pro-life message. To me, it was one of the finest moments of the series and the first time I recalled a level of depth being revealed in NIck. A little while before in Renard's office he was all for killing Adalind, add child and suddenly he is defending "innocent life".

02) Seeing daddy Nick. We were simply seeing a new level of character added to Nick, making it very clear that he was earnest in his desire to be a father.

03) Nick's relationship, sense of responsibility toward Adalind, and level of emotional support he lent her added another dimension to his character. It showed him for the first time I can remember as fairly decisive, able to think ahead a bit, and proactive. Before, Nick was reactionary, suddenly he was proactive.

Frankly I never much liked Nick's character. Daddy Nick is the first time I ever recall warming up to the character. Without Kelly Jr we would not have seen this side of Nick. But IMO, let's stick with letting kids be kids not murderers.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 07-03-2016

Would Eve having astral projection be a new power. Yes it is new for Eve but not to the show. When the writers say Eve will have a new power. I am expecting a surprise. Something I have not seen.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 01:50 AM)syscrash Wrote: Would Eve having astral projection be a new power. Yes it is new for Eve but not to the show. When the writers say Eve will have a new power. I am expecting a surprise. Something I have not seen.
Ok you have my interest what is a hexenbiest power we haven't seen? Reading minds could be one, teleportation could be one. What are others?