Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - degrimm - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 06:51 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 06:15 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 05:27 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 11:41 PM)syscrash Wrote: This is the same thinking people use tp justify the use of torture. They think torture provides valuable information. Even though studies, and captives have said just the opposite. If torture won't work for information, what make you think it would work to change somebody that is stronger then you. Why would Eve not just kill Meisner. The more likely approach would be to give her a reason for who and what she is. Like she said they gave her a purpose.

You're comparing facts on torture in the real world with torture in Grimm. I don't know how the torture worked, but I believe she was tortured until there was noting left, and Meisner built her up to be Eve. She didn't agree to being kidnapped, and she didn't agree to being subdued so Meisner could slap her. I highly doubt she willingly accepted the persona of Eve because HW offered her a purpose in life. I believe a hexenbiest may have been involved in her "treatment" and that's why we see the person we see. If this treatment was so great, why is Juliette starting to peek through? No personality should be there because Eve was convinced it was dead and, using your argument, she has a purpose in life. Those two things should keep her into believing she's Eve, she's alive and has a purpose and Juliette is dead and never had a purpose.

@irukandji i've seen in general "in some tvshows and movies" people take on certain task so as not to feel anything for anybody, maybe she allowed for it to happen cos she had no biz going to look for nick to kill him- remember when she was beating up nick that she said maybe her love for him might never go away; trubel said it the training juliette went thru, others generally don't survive, so why did eve survive?

I can't say why Eve survived, degrimm. I guess the same could be said of Trubel. Wouldn't she have had to go through the same type of training?

She also asked Nick to kill her and he did not. That tells me Juliette wanted to die. Instead, she was kidnapped and was forcibly subdued against her will. We know that because she tried to attack Meisner when she woke up. I don't get the feeling she was given a choice to be Juliette the hexenbiest or Eve the weapon. I think HW forced her into becoming Eve.

it's definitely not d same training cos trubel wasn't a hexenbiest and also trubel was the one who said that such training no one survives which she did not take such training.
why i had such thought was bcos for some1 who had been subdued and made to do their bidding wont be given such free licence and if they are given such free licence, they usually do something to make sure she is always in check so that they don't revert; none of that has been done but instead she has such free licence to go to places that could jug her memory easily back and go to places where her emotions could resurface.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 07:10 AM)degrimm Wrote: it's definitely not d same training cos trubel wasn't a hexenbiest and also trubel was the one who said that such training no one survives which she did not take such training.
why i had such thought was bcos for some1 who had been subdued and made to do their bidding wont be given such free licence and if they are given such free licence, they usually do something to make sure she is always in check so that they don't revert; none of that has been done but instead she has such free licence to go to places that could jug her memory easily back and go to places where her emotions could resurface.

Degrimm, you hit the nail right on the head. You've seen people subdued and made to do others' bidding on Grimm. Magic is the thing that subdues them. I think Juliette was beaten down to nothing and magic was used to subdue her into Eve.

Quote:jsgrimm45 wrote:
Should we add Diana into the training not torture? Diana was taken when the King was taken out and we have no idea what she did after that. So for a time she may have had a different hand in Juliette become Eve. Eve did say one time that maybe they should do the samething to Nick as her. We only seen Diana lately not what she may have been doing before. So Diana may have played a hand in Eve more that Meisner. The times we seen Meisner come out of the room that could have be hand to hand combat training maybe with Eve or Trubel.

This is why I think Diana the character is misleading us now she is with HW not by force but because she wants to be. She is playing BC and maybe even her Dad. That is the twist I think we will see.

Or another way is Elizabeth has been training both Diana and Eve.

I don't know, jsgrimm. If Diana was trained as part of HW, would she be using her powers to inflict pain on Eve?

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 07:16 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 07:10 AM)degrimm Wrote: it's definitely not d same training cos trubel wasn't a hexenbiest and also trubel was the one who said that such training no one survives which she did not take such training.

Degrimm, you hit the nail right on the head. You've seen people subdued and made to do others' bidding on Grimm. Magic is the thing that subdues them. I think Juliette was beaten down to nothing and magic was used to subdue her into Eve.

Quote:jsgrimm45 wrote:
Should we add Diana into the training not torture? Diana was taken when the King was taken out and we have no idea what she did after that. So for a time she may have had a different hand in Juliette become Eve. Eve did say one time that maybe they should do the samething to Nick as her. We only seen Diana lately not what she may have been doing before. So Diana may have played a hand in Eve more that Meisner. The times we seen Meisner come out of the room that could have be hand to hand combat training maybe with Eve or Trubel.

This is why I think Diana the character is misleading us now she is with HW not by force but because she wants to be. She is playing BC and maybe even her Dad. That is the twist I think we will see.

Or another way is Elizabeth has been training both Diana and Eve.

I don't know, jsgrimm. If Diana was trained as part of HW, would she be using her powers to inflict pain on Eve?
Was it inflicted or accidental? The mind connection may cause pain without the intent to and she may be playing a role for BC. We have to look now at season 4 the link Elizabeth talked about Adalind to Nick Adalind to Eve to Diana. Now do I give the writers credit for a big plot twist maybe, but they kind of laid the groundwork for this possible link.

RE: Diana - tscchope - 05-11-2016

Elizabeth didn't mention any connection between Diana, Juliette and Adalind. It was Henrietta who mentioned a link between Juliette and Adalind. A statement that made and makes absolutely no sense.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 02:50 PM)tscchope Wrote: Elizabeth didn't mention any connection between Diana, Juliette and Adalind. It was Henrietta who mentioned a link between Juliette and Adalind. A statement that made and makes absolutely no sense.

Per the NBC recap:

At the Spice Shop, Elizabeth goes over the spell Adalind used and realizes it connects Adalind and Nick in unexplainable ways

Elizabeth also said the spell ties Nick and Adalind together in unpredictable ways.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 05-14-2016

In some posts here was talk of a Twilight story of a a boy like Diana good point. Now let's go a little different way. The show Outer Limits the was a episode where a man didn't something that increase the evolution of mankind and in a few hours when thru all manner of changes, but end up at gentle. Could this episode be what we will see in LBB? That episode may be the background the writers are going for with LBB showing her learning and growing.

Does anyone else remember more about that Outer Limits episode I know at one point he was going to kill them all at the house but as I sleeped once or twice I may not have all the facts I think I do?

RE: Diana - irukandji - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 06:17 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: In some posts here was talk of a Twilight story of a a boy like Diana good point. Now let's go a little different way. The of Outer Limits the was a episode where a man didn't something that increase the evolution of mankind and in a few hours when thru all manner of changes, but end up at gentle. Could this episode be what we will see in LBB? That episode may be the background the writers are going for with LBB showing her learning and growing.

That's an interesting premise, but when she was manipulating Kelly in the air, I got the feeling that if he fell, she wouldn't give it a second thought. I can't remember what I was reading, js, but the synopsis described Diana as a killing machine. Would HW have taught Diana how to kill?

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 12:01 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 06:17 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: In some posts here was talk of a Twilight story of a a boy like Diana good point. Now let's go a little different way. The of Outer Limits the was a episode where a man didn't something that increase the evolution of mankind and in a few hours when thru all manner of changes, but end up at gentle. Could this episode be what we will see in LBB? That episode may be the background the writers are going for with LBB showing her learning and growing.

That's an interesting premise, but when she was manipulating Kelly in the air, I got the feeling that if he fell, she wouldn't give it a second thought. I can't remember what I was reading, js, but the synopsis described Diana as a killing machine. Would HW have taught Diana how to kill?
For now I'm going with the old saying "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." So Diana has the power and for now maybe only for now it has corrupted her, she is proving and testing herself, but like the Outer Limits episode grows out of it as she does age fast so even days or a week or two could see changes.

RE: Diana - tscchope - 05-14-2016

There wasn't the slightest chance Diana would let Kelly fall. She said he liked it. The more interesting point, if that is true, is how did he say it and what does that mean for his abilities.

We don't know what Bonapart has been doing with Diana. He may have persuaded her that Hadrian Wall are the bad guys who kept her from her parents. She's the one who destroys Hadrian's Wall in Portland and causes the survivors to scatter.

RE: Diana - brandon - 05-14-2016

It is not as well with reference to Diana.she behaves like so many children of divorced parents who want their parents to stay together.is the fact that she did not really think,if they are happy so.just think about it.Conrad is dangerous like Sean that even they can handle it.
Adalind is his mother could stop if he realizes that time