Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 08:01 AM)Elkhound Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 07:38 AM)irukandji Wrote: But what would be the point of giving Diana an ancient hexenbiest if it's going to age her too quickly?

Perhaps the accelerated aging will only continue until she reaches physical adulthood?

That's my thought as well.

Quote:jsgrimm45 wrote:
Wouldn't we have to take in account what Kelly taught her? Like you said she reasons thing at adult level. For now I'm belive she would be because of Kelly a good person and will know Nick and Adalind. I also don't see a fight with Eve, I even bet my 2 cents on this

Was Kelly that good of a person to be a role model or was she a person who Diana could manipulate? This whole episode with Juliette sending the email and Kelly coming with Diana just seems a little too convenient to me. If Nick was in danger, which I think is what the email said, then Kelly would have never taken Diana with her. It would have been too risky.

It never made sense to me that the writers would take a character like Juliette and turn her into this superhexenbiest character, then kill her. Now it makes sense to me. They're using her as a weapon and I think Diana will be a weapon for the claw. I don't see that kid as having good in her. She looks evil to me.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 12-18-2015

Because of Kelly I would see Diana being on the side of good but a warrior. Knowing the danger Diana would be in for the rest of her life. Kelly would have instructed her on how to protect herself. I ma sure Kelly told her about ADalind, and we know she had the locket with Nick picture. Wonder why the locket was not mentioned the last time we saw her.

The format of the show only lends it self to Diana having one of two roles. the most likely is because of what Adalind did with the ritual, and the contract the consequence is Diana works with the uprising. The other is because of Kelly Diana is working with a kids version of the HW against warden hooks kid army.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 01:40 PM)syscrash Wrote: Because of Kelly I would see Diana being on the side of good but a warrior. Knowing the danger Diana would be in for the rest of her life. Kelly would have instructed her on how to protect herself. I ma sure Kelly told her about ADalind, and we know she had the locket with Nick picture. Wonder why the locket was not mentioned the last time we saw her.

The format of the show only lends it self to Diana having one of two roles. the most likely is because of what Adalind did with the ritual, and the contract the consequence is Diana works with the uprising. The other is because of Kelly Diana is working with a kids version of the HW against warden hooks kid army.
That would be a good role for Diana to deprogram the kids under Warden Hooks control. Who could go against her?

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 01:40 PM)syscrash Wrote: Because of Kelly I would see Diana being on the side of good but a warrior. Knowing the danger Diana would be in for the rest of her life. Kelly would have instructed her on how to protect herself. I ma sure Kelly told her about ADalind, and we know she had the locket with Nick picture. Wonder why the locket was not mentioned the last time we saw her.

You brought up some good points about Diana earlier. One of those was that this was no child, but an adult in a child's body.

I see Kelly as a tough taskmaster, but I don't necessarily see her as a good person. I also don't see her as fully equipped to teach a hexenbiest, particularly one who's an adult in a child's body, like Diana. Those are some sophisticated dynamics. Kelly has no knowledge of hexenbiest babies or children. I could argue she probably lacks knowledge of Grimm children as well, having given up her own child to her sister. I think there might have been some tutoring involved with Diana, but in my opinion, it was probably more of a detriment to Diana than a benefit since Kelly only had custody of her for about five or six months.

How would Kelly teach another person about what is good and what is bad? As a Grimm, she walks the fence between the two.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 12-19-2015

(12-18-2015, 05:27 PM)irukandji Wrote:

You brought up some good points about Diana earlier. One of those was that this was no child, but an adult in a child's body.

I see Kelly as a tough taskmaster, but I don't necessarily see her as a good person. I also don't see her as fully equipped to teach a hexenbiest, particularly one who's an adult in a child's body, like Diana. Those are some sophisticated dynamics. Kelly has no knowledge of hexenbiest babies or children. I could argue she probably lacks knowledge of Grimm children as well, having given up her own child to her sister. I think there might have been some tutoring involved with Diana, but in my opinion, it was probably more of a detriment to Diana than a benefit since Kelly only had custody of her for about five or six months.

How would Kelly teach another person about what is good and what is bad? As a Grimm, she walks the fence between the two.
Back to normal Kelly raised Nick for 12 years. She only left him with Marie after the were found out to have the coins. I don't think at the time she thought it would be 18 years. After her husband and friend were killed and the coin missing she when after them. This took her all over the world and time passed, plus with what she had to do she had many people looking to get her so she couldn't go back.

Most agree that Diana is not you normal baby/child and a Grimm does know hexens
so I think the writer would like a do over with the scene of Henrietta and Nick as I don't think Grimms can be affected by hexen like others. That scene was different that all the others with Grimms and hexen. Look at he fight with Adalind in the first season why didn't she do the Henrietta thing. At no other time have we seen a hexen control a Grimm it has to be hands on they can control objects the Grimm are hold but not the Grimm and even then looks like they have to woge for full power. That is IMO.

Kelly would have given Diana love and caring. Like she did with Nick for 12 years. I we will see Diana/LBB has understanding love and caring, and will not be what HW wants. She isn't Eve. That may be a contrast point later Juliette had love and caring now doesn' t now. Diana a born hexen has learned love and caring.

(12-19-2015, 08:44 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-19-2015, 07:10 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 05:27 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Back to normal Kelly raised Nick for 12 years. She only left him with Marie after the were found out to have the coins. I don't think at the time she thought it would be 18 years. After her husband and friend were killed and the coin missing she when after them. This took her all over the world and time passed, plus with what she had to do she had many people looking to get her so she couldn't go back.

Most agree that Diana is not you normal baby/child and a Grimm does know hexens
so I think the writer would like a do over with the scene of Henrietta and Nick as I don't think Grimms can be affected by hexen like others. That scene was different that all the others with Grimms and hexen. Look at he fight with Adalind in the first season why didn't she do the Henrietta thing. At no other time have we seen a hexen control a Grimm it has to be hands on they can control objects the Grimm are hold but not the Grimm and even then looks like they have to woge for full power. That is IMO.

Kelly would have given Diana love and caring. Like she did with Nick for 12 years. I we will see Diana/LBB has understanding love and caring, and will not be what HW wants. She isn't Eve. That may be a contrast point later Juliette had love and caring now doesn' t now. Diana a born hexen has learned love and caring.

I know Kelly would have shown Diana affection, of course, it's a given. How do you teach a five or six month old the concept of affection? Not how to receive it, but how to give it?
Do we teach our children love and affection? Is a learned skill or a natural skill that can be taken away by bad parents or enhanced by good parents? That is a question I can't answer.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-19-2015

(12-19-2015, 08:51 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Do we teach our children love and affection? Is a learned skill or a natural skill that can be taken away by bad parents or enhanced by good parents? That is a question I can't answer.

Oh, okay.

RE: Diana - brandon - 12-19-2015

I think that Kelly put a good basis in Diana.
many murderers had a childhood of abuse and so is desarrollaron.aunque could say that evil exists in the souls of some people.
the bad thing is that if you don't have someone who encourages him to follow, you can fall into evil or do nothing

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-19-2015

(12-19-2015, 09:32 AM)brandon Wrote: I think that Kelly put a good basis in Diana.
many murderers had a childhood of abuse and so is desarrollaron.aunque could say that evil exists in the souls of some people.
the bad thing is that if you don't have someone who encourages him to follow, you can fall into evil or do nothing

I think she tried, but I don't think she succeeded. It would make sense that if Diana was growing as fast as we see, then Kelly would have taught her to obey her elders. She went with Kelly and she went with Juliette with little problem. But then flash forward to the scene with the king where she's playing with the blocks. Didn't she knock down the king's version and build her own? Some defiance there, maybe?

(12-19-2015, 10:10 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-19-2015, 09:32 AM)brandon Wrote: I think that Kelly put a good basis in Diana.

I think she tried, but I don't think she succeeded. It would make sense that if Diana was growing as fast as we see, then Kelly would have taught her to obey her elders. She went with Kelly and she went with Juliette with little problem. But then flash forward to the scene with the king where she's playing with the blocks. Didn't she knock down the king's version and build her own? Some defiance there, maybe?
That is a good question I've wondered about something Viktor in the car and the King the blocks was another question and then the warning to the King. While in the womb do you think she heard and took in thing in the castle and doesn't like the royals?