Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 12-16-2015

(12-15-2015, 10:22 PM)syscrash Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 09:44 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 03:07 PM)syscrash Wrote: Diana will come into the picture when the arc starts to include warden hooks kids. If it was not for Meisner I would consider that Diana could be in the hand of the Claw. But then she could be with the claw if Meisner is a double agent.

This is a very interesting thought. I had forgotten about children being indoctrinated into this uprising. Also, interesting point about Meisner. I myself am not sure where that guy's loyalties lie.

I wanted to bring something up for thought here. Adalind originally planned on selling Diana. In the interim she beefed up her daughter's powers, I assume to make her more desireable, and maybe get a higher price for her.

But the question on my mind is this. Diana was powerful even as a newborn. Did these people, including Adalind really believe that Diana was just going to go with whoever and do whatever she was told to do? Can't speak for anyone else here, but that seems really dumb to me.

I want to make what I think is one clarification. The paste was for Kelly's benefit not Adalinds. But Adalind was made to think the paste was needed for Adalind to get her powers back. Now I may be wrong. The paste may have been required for both. It is just it is Diana that makes the sign of the skull the same sign when Adalind applies the paste.

I don't see Diana as being controlled. I see it as Diana realizes at this point without an adult she can't get around or survive. It is all possible that Diana will listen to those she trust. I do remember Kelly saying she will teach her how to hide her magic. I would think they developed a symbiotic relation. Think about it, I am sure Kelly adjusted when she realized how fast Diana was growing. That coupled with Kelly realizing she was not deal with a baby, but a being with logic and reasoning.

There is one thing we should consider. Diana may not be what we think she is. Just like Sean brought back the Ripper. The paste may have been a way to resurrect some powerful being.

And could this be building to a show down between Eve and a grown Diana the leader of the uprising. That would explain why they needed such a powerful Eve.
@syscrash as I don't know you age but I and believe @irukandj have grown children. I can not longer tell my daughters what to do they are 45 and 44 and now they ask very little advice but when they were in their late teens and early twenties I still has some input but because of the way I raised them both have never been trouble and never harm anyone. Diana I see as the same if Kelly taught her right and wrong Nick/Adalind would only need to reminder of right and wrong.

I don't see why just because she is powerful she have to walked around on eggshells, I don't think Kelly did. I fact I would see that as the wrong way to help her control her power. Just IMO.

RE: Diana - aboutnici - 12-16-2015

I agree with everything they said about Diana as she was raised by Kelly, Kelly had taught her things that were right and wrong and if Nick and Adalind get their chance to raise her she would only need to reminder of right and wrong. Plus, I can't wait for Diana meets her brother Kelly and their relationship to begin.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 12-16-2015

Jsgrimm45 I was not referring to teens doing right or wrong. I was looking at how teens try an manipulate their parents. How some teens have their parents wrapped around their fingers because they figured out how to push their parents buttons.
Now take a child that has compulsion, and illusion abilities. You tell her you can't go to the party. They next thing you know you are agreeing to let her go to the party.
This problem of how to deal with a magical child has been done in a lot of shows. It always comes done to it takes a parent with more power to control them. Charmed was a good example, when Leo lost his powers only Piper could control wyatt. You also have bewitched only Sam could control Tabatha.

Kelly handling Diana had an advantage because Diana is aware and realizes it is in her best interest to listen to Kelly. Once Diana reach an age where she could be on her own, I don't see Kelly as being able to control her. For Diana that age could be as young as ten years old. With her powers she could provide for her self.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-16-2015

Who do you suppose is the more powerful hexenbiest, Diana or Juliette?

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 11:45 AM)syscrash Wrote: Jsgrimm45 I was not referring to teens doing right or wrong. I was looking at how teens try an manipulate their parents. How some teens have their parents wrapped around their fingers because they figured out how to push their parents buttons.
Now take a child that has compulsion, and illusion abilities. You tell her you can't go to the party. They next thing you know you are agreeing to let her go to the party.
This problem of how to deal with a magical child has been done in a lot of shows. It always comes done to it takes a parent with more power to control them. Charmed was a good example, when Leo lost his powers only Piper could control wyatt. You also have bewitched only Sam could control Tabatha.

Kelly handling Diana had an advantage because Diana is aware and realizes it is in her best interest to listen to Kelly. Once Diana reach an age where she could be on her own, I don't see Kelly as being able to control her. For Diana that age could be as young as ten years old. With her powers she could provide for her self.
You well could be right might make for some funny episodes, but with Adalind being a hexen she likely knows the play as she likely did it. We could also say that LBB would like a family even a baby brother, Kelly may have also taught a very young lady who accepts responsibility.

Maybe we could have a little fun with this and let Diana be a little normal.

(12-16-2015, 11:45 AM)syscrash Wrote: Jsgrimm45 I was not referring to teens doing right or wrong. I was looking at how teens try an manipulate their parents. How some teens have their parents wrapped around their fingers because they figured out how to push their parents buttons.

You know, I'm not so sure Kelly would have been the one to effectively handle Diana. How much experience with children would she have? She gave Nick up when he was still a child.

RE: Diana - Fuchsbauer - 12-16-2015

I think Diana is by far more powerful. She could kill a Verrat agent a pen from the womb! As she grows she will only become more powerful. Soon, she won't even have to move to wipe out an entire army.

I think Diana is with H.W. It makes the most sense.

(12-16-2015, 02:22 PM)Fuchsbauer Wrote: I think Diana is by far more powerful. She could kill a Verrat agent a pen from the womb! As she grows she will only become more powerful. Soon, she won't even have to move to wipe out an entire army.

I think Diana is with H.W. It makes the most sense.

I think she is too. It also makes me wonder about something. Did Diana also want Kelly dead so that she could go back to Adalind?

RE: Diana - aboutnici - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 11:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: Who do you suppose is the more powerful hexenbiest, Diana or Juliette?

Diana, because she knows how to handle her powers, before she was even born. I'm not so sure Kelly would have been the one to effectively handle Diana. The only person who could handle her is her mother and plus she would love her little brother and would protect him and their mother from the bottom of her heart.

(12-16-2015, 03:00 PM)aboutnici Wrote: Diana, because she knows how to handle her powers, before she was even born. I'm not so sure Kelly would have been the one to effectively handle Diana. The only person who could handle her is her mother and plus she would love her little brother and would protect him and their mother from the bottom of her heart.

I wasn't sure how she'd treat her brother, but actually I could see her bonding with him. Do you think she was involved in Kelly's death somehow? The reason I ask is that whole thing was so strange. Diana was downstairs and Juliette was upstairs in the bedroom. Seems like it should be the opposite, doesn't it?