Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 10-15-2017

I purchased seasons 4 and 5 because I had no way of watching it on Netflix. I am waiting for season 6 to end so I can purchase it as well.

Seasons 4 and 5 were even better than the first 3 seasons. I am sorry to hear it's cancelled after this season and even sorrier to hear that Henry, Walt, and Vic may be killed off.

When Longmire was on A&E, it had strong ratings. However, those ratings were from people not in the demo target. So A&E cancelled it. It makes me sad that older people no longer even count, even when it comes to a great television show.

RE: Diana - rpmaluki - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 10:03 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:00 AM)irukandji Wrote: Right. While scripts are helpful to determine accuracies in the story, there's no accurate answer to my question because it was speculative. As js pointed out, we don't know what happened. I just thought it would be something to discuss since Diana herself brought up the cutesy remark that Kelly was named after her other mother.

I think Diana would be an interesting topic to explore, it’s just that her character profile is so lacking that there wouldn’t be an opinion too extreme for the character. At any given moment Diana would kill without hesitation just because someone pissed her off or be the sweet little girl who wanted nothing more than her mommy and daddy to love each other and be happy. This kid saw her parent’s mangled and bloodied bodies on the ground and acted like she’d just walked past a dead cockroach. But, that behavior goes along with her hugging Nick in the final present-time scene instead of embracing her parents who were magically alive. And that’s another stumbling block for me when analyzing characters, removing Nick as the defining influence on a character’s evolution.
She hugged Nick once in that scene, the only time Renard wasn't holding her or lifted in his arms. The hug wasn't as big a deal as you make it out to be.

RE: Diana - Robyn - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 10:35 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: She hugged Nick once in that scene, the only time Renard wasn't holding her or lifted in his arms. The hug wasn't as big a deal as you make it out to be.
I simply noted the hug event within the overall devastation to happy ending scene. Diana had no reaction at all to her parents' deaths. She was curious about the other Grimm who were suddenly gone, but no emotional response to her parents' dead bodies.

This is a child who supposedly loved her parents and was so desperate to keep them together that she killed to make that happen, but the writers used her to establish that she was aware of Kelly and Marie but Trubel wasn't, instead of her reacting as a child would when her parents are killed.

It goes along with Diana referring to Kelly as her other mommy when talking to Juliette, which promoted Juliette's guilt, but later only referring to Kelly as one of the two Grimm when asking Nick about them.

Diana either loved Kelly and missed her or she didn't. She was either aware of what happened to Kelly or she wasn't. She was either devastated by her parents deaths or she wasn't. Those options shouldn't be selected based only on what a specific scene requires.

Yes, as you said, all shows use characters are props. But viewers shouldn't be so obviously aware of that taking place in the writing room.

RE: Diana - rpmaluki - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 11:00 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 10:35 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: She hugged Nick once in that scene, the only time Renard wasn't holding her or lifted in his arms. The hug wasn't as big a deal as you make it out to be.
I simply noted the hug event within the overall devastation to happy ending scene. Diana had no reaction at all to her parents' deaths. She was curious about the other Grimm who were suddenly gone, but no emotional response to her parents' dead bodies.

This is a child who supposedly loved her parents and was so desperate to keep them together that she killed to make that happen, but the writers used her to establish that she was aware of Kelly and Marie but Trubel wasn't, instead of her reacting as a child would when her parents are killed.

It goes along with Diana referring to Kelly as her other mommy when talking to Juliette, which promoted Juliette's guilt, but later only referring to Kelly as one of the two Grimm when asking Nick about them.

Diana either loved Kelly and missed her or she didn't. She was either aware of what happened to Kelly or she wasn't. She was either devastated by her parents deaths or she wasn't. Those options shouldn't be selected based only on what a specific scene requires.

Yes, as you said, all shows use characters are props. But viewers shouldn't be so obviously aware of that taking place in the writing room.
Honestly that entire last episode was about Nick reacting to all the various deaths, everything else was secondary. Even the transcript in the Grimm book about the blood of a Grimm killing Z was about the Grimm losing everything. We had front row seats to Nick's reactions. We had the others as well but they weren't all that relevant. I think Diana was under Zerstörer's thrall that's why she went from being super scared of him to walking out of the cabin practically hand in hand with him.i don't think she was in control of her senses until he died. I'll give you the ending where we only see Nick's grief over Adalind's body but not Diana's. That was badly written.

RE: Diana - dicappatore - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 11:08 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 11:00 AM)Robyn Wrote:

Honestly that entire last episode was about Nick reacting to all the various deaths, everything else was secondary. Even the transcript in the Grimm book about the blood of a Grimm killing Z was about the Grimm losing everything. We had front row seats to Nick's reactions. We had the others as well but they weren't all that relevant. I think Diana was under Zerstörer's thrall that's why she went from being super scared of him to walking out of the cabin practically hand in hand with him.i don't think she was in control of her senses until he died. I'll give you the ending where we only see Nick's grief over Adalind's body but not Diana's. That was badly written.

OK, I just reviewed that last scene. Diana was walking out of the cabin asking Nick, what happened to the other Grimms. She was aware of two other Grimms, yet she didn’t recognize her other mom, Kelly.

BTW, I have a walking cane just like, Aunt Marie. Mines has a longer sword, about twice the length and a lever, on the handle, that makes the sword shift in line with the handle, instead of it “L” shaped. One day I might post a photo of it.