Grimm Forum
Better with or without Juliette? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Better with or without Juliette? (/Thread-Better-with-or-without-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3

Better with or without Juliette? - Belle - 05-16-2015

As everyone debates whether or not Juliette is really and truly dead for all time, I must ask...
Will Grimm be better with or without Juliette?

RE: Better with or without Juliette? - prince-vegeta - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 08:44 AM)Belle Wrote: As everyone debates whether or not Juliette is really and truly dead for all time, I must ask...
I was tired of Juliette, so my answer is that Grimm is better without her...period!!

RE: Better with or without Juliette? - grimmfreak - 05-16-2015

Better without... If she's really dead that is...

RE: Better with or without Juliette? - wfmyers1207 - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 08:44 AM)Belle Wrote: As everyone debates whether or not Juliette is really and truly dead for all time, I must ask...

Is this a question?! Is peanut butter better without mayonaise? Do skunks stink? Is the sky blue? TongueTongue

RE: Better with or without Juliette? - Belle - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 01:05 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Is this a question?! Is peanut butter better without mayonaise? Do skunks stink? Is the sky blue? TongueTongue

I had to ask because in another thread someone was saying everyone really loves Juliette and they'll lose tons of viewers if she's dead.
Personally, I don't buy that and believe the show will be better off without that character. You don't leave a guy hanging on for years after a proposal. In that respect she was a witch long before she became a hexenbeast.

RE: Better with or without Juliette? - Hexenadler - 05-16-2015

I know I'm going against the majority here, but...Grimm's better with Juliette, IMO. I'm saying that as someone who was genuinely fascinated by her Hexenbiest story arc, and feels it was a waste to end it on such a pessimistic note.

RE: Better with or without Juliette? - LisaMVA - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 01:11 PM)Belle Wrote:
(05-16-2015, 01:05 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Is this a question?! Is peanut butter better without mayonaise? Do skunks stink? Is the sky blue? TongueTongue

I had to ask because in another thread someone was saying everyone really loves Juliette and they'll lose tons of viewers if she's dead.
Personally, I don't buy that and believe the show will be better off without that character. You don't leave a guy hanging on for years after a proposal. In that respect she was a witch long before she became a hexenbeast.

So, curious question: Do you hate Adeline as much as you seem to hate Juliette? After everything Adeline has done....Juliette only was "turned into" a Hexenbiest this season. I don't like how the writers made her really bad. Adeline first tried to kill...Hank? I will never give Adeline a pass on anything, I don't care if she is "mother" now and soon-to-be-mommy again.

I do not condone Juliette's actions,; I understand how she got there, to this point. Nick protecting Adeline @ the police station and demanding "she leave." This made Juliette a scorned woman, that put the nail in the coffin.

The death scene was tragic and beautiful, with her lying in Nick's arms. My heart broke for the both of them.

The actress that plays Juliette, Bitsie, is beautiful. Bree Turner, who plays Rosealee, is adorable. IMO. I cannot say this about Claire Coffee who plays Adeline. But, I do like her facial expressions.

I hope they bring Juliette back....maybe she has a twin sister no one knows about. LOL. (I always thought it was strange that we never heard/saw from any of Juliette's family. But we got to meet all of Rosealee and Monroe's. I assume the writers did what they did for some reason.)

I think many of us fans are very smart and intelligent--much smarter than some of these writers think we are.

This season's finale was the weakest one for me. It's like they tied up all the loose ends with a big red bow.

(05-16-2015, 02:52 PM)LisaMVA Wrote:
(05-16-2015, 01:11 PM)Belle Wrote:

So, curious question: Do you hate Adeline as much as you seem to hate Juliette? After everything Adeline has done....Juliette only was "turned into" a Hexenbiest this season. I don't like how the writers made her really bad. Adeline first tried to kill...Hank? I will never give Adeline a pass on anything, I don't care if she is "mother" now and soon-to-be-mommy again.

I do not condone Juliette's actions,; I understand how she got there, to this point. Nick protecting Adeline @ the police station and demanding "she leave." This made Juliette a scorned woman, that put the nail in the coffin.

The death scene was tragic and beautiful, with her lying in Nick's arms. My heart broke for the both of them.

The actress that plays Juliette, Bitsie, is beautiful. Bree Turner, who plays Rosealee, is adorable. IMO. I cannot say this about Claire Coffee who plays Adeline. But, I do like her facial expressions.

I hope they bring Juliette back....maybe she has a twin sister no one knows about. LOL. (I always thought it was strange that we never heard/saw from any of Juliette's family. But we got to meet all of Rosealee and Monroe's. I assume the writers did what they did for some reason.)

I think many of us fans are very smart and intelligent--much smarter than some of these writers think we are.

This season's finale was the weakest one for me. It's like they tied up all the loose ends with a big red bow.

Hi again Belle--question: did you hate the story line of Juliette's Hexenbiest or just dislike her?
Do you think they dragged it out too long?
What about Renard--they dragged his story line out FOREVER...then he turns into Jack-the-Ripper.? I think that story line was worse than Juliette's and really dragged on. IMO

RE: Better with or without Juliette? - Secret Keeper - 05-16-2015

I disliked the Juliette as hexenbiest storyline because I loved Juliette. This last episode has me heartbroken and seriously worried about whether I'm going to be able to enjoy the show next season. Not just because of Juliette, but because of how her story affected Nick.

As for whether the show will be better with or without Juliette, it depends on what they do with her. But if they can bring her back in a believable way (probably having something to do with Chavez's people) and put her on a convincing redemption arc (after that last attack on Nick, probably requiring some of that hexenbiest suppression stuff made from Henrietta), I think that would be my preferred possibility. If she hadn't come back at the end to apologize/explain she didn't know they were going to kill Kelly, I would be completely hopeless.

RE: Better with or without Juliette? - Belle - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 02:52 PM)LisaMVA Wrote: [quote='Belle' pid='12844' dateline='1431807093']
[quote='wfmyers1207' pid='12841' dateline='1431806735']

Hi again Belle--question: did you hate the story line of Juliette's Hexenbiest or just dislike her?
What about Renard--they dragged his story line out FOREVER...then he turns into Jack-the-Ripper.? I think that story line was worse than Juliette's and really dragged on. IMO

Honestly, I have never liked Juliette. I actually found this forum after stumbling across a petition asking the shows producer to kill off the character. The issue for me from the beginning was that she seemed to have zero chemistry with Nick. The strongest vibe I ever saw between Nick and Juliette was when she was actually Adalind. Coincidentally, I thought Juliette and Renard showed a lot more passion when they were dealing with their obsession for one another. However, the real death blow for me with the Juliette character came way before they made her a hexenbeast. Ever since she turned down Nick's proposal, then just kept him hanging on I couldn't wait for them to get rid of her.
For some reason I like Adalind. She's bad, but she owns it. In the last episode I thought she was particularly good, especially when she was pretending to discover the head in the hotel. It is of course a matter of opinion, but clearly I am not the only person who had a problem with Juliette starting from season 1.

RE: Better with or without Juliette? - LisaMVA - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 03:09 PM)Belle Wrote:
(05-16-2015, 02:52 PM)LisaMVA Wrote: [quote='Belle' pid='12844' dateline='1431807093']
[quote='wfmyers1207' pid='12841' dateline='1431806735']

Honestly, I have never liked Juliette. I actually found this forum after stumbling across a petition asking the shows producer to kill off the character. The issue for me from the beginning was that she seemed to have zero chemistry with Nick. The strongest vibe I ever saw between Nick and Juliette was when she was actually Adalind. Coincidentally, I thought Juliette and Renard showed a lot more passion when they were dealing with their obsession for one another. However, the real death blow for me with the Juliette character came way before they made her a hexenbeast. Ever since she turned down Nick's proposal, then just kept him hanging on I couldn't wait for them to get rid of her.
For some reason I like Adalind. She's bad, but she owns it. In the last episode I thought she was particularly good, especially when she was pretending to discover the head in the hotel. It is of course a matter of opinion, but clearly I am not the only person who had a problem with Juliette starting from season 1.

Yes, I have seen others (read) that they didn't think Nick and Juliette had a ton of chemistry. I guess it's all a matter of opinion. I think they did have chemistry (now they are a couple in real life--so cute!!). LOL-- I am using past tense I agree with you about Sean/Juliette had chemistry, too.

I have never read about an online petition about killing anyone off. How bizarre! I found this place after I researched Grimm Blogs, etc.

Adeline has always done terrible things, to get rid/revenge of Nick and company. The writers decided to "soften" her this season with them turning Juliette bad. I wish Nick had killed her in season 1 or found another way to kill her off.

Rosealee is my favourite female character; Wu is my favourite male. I love his expressions and he always makes me laugh.

They could have done so much more with Juliette: they could have made her into a Hexenbiest that works with Nick and company, as Monroe and Rosealee do. I could hear Nick saying, when going after the bad guys, "That's my girl!" Alas, I don't see that happening now. They could have put that spin on it.

I simply feel so heartbroken for Nick. Where does he go now, what does he do? Mom and the love-of-his-life, both dead. They really have to up-the-anty next season. I hope the writers figure it out.

I get it, some characters/actors we like/dislike for whatever reason--sometimes there are not reasons.
I was hoping to see Chavez as a love interest for Hank. After last night, her yelling "get her". I am hoping she's talking about Juliette but I think she's referring to Trubel.