Grimm Forum
S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E22 - Cry Havoc (/Thread-S4E22-Cry-Havoc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - droid327 - 05-16-2015

I get the feeling, though, that Bitsie is kinda done playing Juliette. She got to have some fun with the character on her way out, but I don't think she enjoyed the part, since they never seemed to know what to do with her or how to write her in. Much like Nick's mother, I don't think we'll be seeing her in cameos or flashbacks or dream sequences or doppelganger scenes or anything like that...

This episode, and the back half of this season really, had a definite "cleaning house" feel to it. A lot of loose ends were tied up, a lot of characters died off, and the show is ready to start next season pared down and focused on a few new plot lines with a clear core cast.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Hexenadler - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 07:09 PM)droid327 Wrote: I get the feeling, though, that Bitsie is kinda done playing Juliette. She got to have some fun with the character on her way out, but I don't think she enjoyed the part, since they never seemed to know what to do with her or how to write her in. Much like Nick's mother, I don't think we'll be seeing her in cameos or flashbacks or dream sequences or doppelganger scenes or anything like that...

This episode, and the back half of this season really, had a definite "cleaning house" feel to it. A lot of loose ends were tied up, a lot of characters died off, and the show is ready to start next season pared down and focused on a few new plot lines with a clear core cast.

Maybe, maybe not. Something about Juliette's death just feels...off. It's too abrupt, too tidy, too "that's it?" Four years getting to know this character, and they slaughter her in the most ignominious way possible? A once-kind woman who died an irredeemable monster? It's hard to believe Bitsie would be willing to go along with that, assuming this episode was meant to be her swan song.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - panther19 - 05-16-2015

I did not like this episode - or any episode since Juliette became a hexenbiest Grimm has become a horror story
It is supposed to be a fantasy. It has been compared to the X Files and Buffy the Vampire, but it has changed for
the worse. The wry humor of Monroe and Woo are gone from the plot. Favorite characters have been killed off -
Juliette, Kelly, and the "character" of Aunt Marie's trailer. There are a group of us who love Grimm. We enjoyed
3 1/2 seasons, but doubt we will be back for more of this darkness. The one positive element is the return of
Trubel. Maybe she will save the show! I hope some good writing will!!!!

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Tourbillion - 05-16-2015

Loved the finale. However, I don't think Kelly is dead. First, Who called Trubel when she was in the truck with Bud ? "we need to talk" and "I'll be in touch", clearly a woman's voice but Trubel acts like it was Nick who called...(Does she know something we don't ?) And second, Trubel mentions that "no body was found"...I dunno but these all point to Kelly still being alive. Maybe she is pulling the strings from behind the scenes to get Diana safe just as she did before, and Trubel is in on it. How else would the resistance pilot know to be there at the right time ? Kelly knew to be at the airfield the first time she met Adalind and Diana... What do you guys think ?

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Dieverdog - 05-16-2015

I agree with a lot of what you say, except about Trubel. I could totally do without that character. I wish it would go back more to the fantasy element and I was really sorry to see the trailer go. I felt like I was more upset by the loss than Nick and the other characters were.... to lose all that historic documentation and all that knowledge that they seemingly have no other way to access (unless they find some other Grimm's cache of family documentation). They seemed to just accept it and move on, like "oh well." That trailer was awesome. Did the writers just think it was too much of a crutch or what? Why burn it? And then conveniently salvage several books... how did BOOKS survive that fire? Seems a bit unrealistic and convenient. It did seem shortsighted too keep all the info stored in one place.

(05-16-2015, 08:50 PM)panther19 Wrote: I did not like this episode - or any episode since Juliette became a hexenbiest Grimm has become a horror story
It is supposed to be a fantasy. It has been compared to the X Files and Buffy the Vampire, but it has changed for
the worse. The wry humor of Monroe and Woo are gone from the plot. Favorite characters have been killed off -
Juliette, Kelly, and the "character" of Aunt Marie's trailer. There are a group of us who love Grimm. We enjoyed
3 1/2 seasons, but doubt we will be back for more of this darkness. The one positive element is the return of
Trubel. Maybe she will save the show! I hope some good writing will!!!!

I was wondering about her family, too. How are they going to explain her death? What will they do with her body? It will be a bit difficult to explain that away at the precinct and with people who know her and Nick, and most especially if she has any family - which I don't recall them ever mentioning oddly. Oh and not to mention all her clients at her veterinary practice. I was wondering how much work she had been doing since she turned hexenbiest.

(05-16-2015, 05:29 PM)LisaMVA Wrote:
(05-16-2015, 05:09 PM)Dieverdog Wrote: I hope you are right and Juliette might not actually be dead - or can be revived or something somehow. You just never know on Grimm. Maybe if she 'dies' and comes back she will lose the Hexenbiest that was in her.

(05-15-2015, 07:16 PM)eric Wrote: I am not sure Juliette is dead. There were two types of bolts, one to kill and one to stun. Sure was convenient for Truble to be there. How did Meisner know to be on that copter? Was the pilot in on it? The crew said there was no body, just a head. Seems very nice of the royals to be so tidy. I would guess there will be Diana, Juliette, Meisner and Diana in a future show. Everyone will think they are all dead, just living very quietly a boring, out of the way spot.

To keep us wondering if she is really dead or not. I hope that she is not. I really liked her character and would love to see her and Nick finally work things out after all they have gone through. Admittedly it would be really difficult at this point. But like Reynard when he was Jack, she hasn't been herself - and most of that lies on Nick honestly.

(05-16-2015, 03:02 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Hmmmm I wonder if they would bring back Juliette as someone else a look alike ( oon her Facebook she gave no information if she'll be back next year) but if she is dead why kee it a secret???

I think it would be awesome if she had a sister...or a twin sister. After almost 4 years, we never heard about her family. I always found that odd. We heard about Monroe and Rosalee's family,etc. It would have been nice to know about Juliette's.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Mauvais Don - 05-17-2015

(05-16-2015, 09:33 PM)Tourbillion Wrote: Loved the finale. However, I don't think Kelly is dead.

Well, since Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio has said publicly that she won't be returning to the show next season (and she wasn't actually seen in the episode with her head, only an anonymous figure was shown) I don't think we can hold out too much hope for that.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Hexenadler - 05-17-2015

Did it occur to anyone else that Nick should have jumped on that helicopter just when it was taking off? If they really wanted to make Nick a legitimate badass in this episode, they could have pushed his Grimmness past its breaking point by letting him crash the helicopter himself! That way, Nick would have slaughtered Kenneth and the King, recovered Diana, and left the Royals in ruins.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - UndercoverGrimm - 05-17-2015

(05-17-2015, 11:23 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: Did it occur to anyone else that Nick should have jumped on that helicopter just when it was taking off? If they really wanted to make Nick a legitimate badass in this episode, they could have pushed his Grimmness past its breaking point by letting him crash the helicopter himself! That way, Nick would have slaughtered Kenneth and the King, recovered Diana, and left the Royals in ruins.

Good point. It wuld have been so sweet if Nick had taken Diana back to Adaline with blood all over his shirt. I'm hopeful they make Nick more dark in the next season.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Hexenadler - 05-17-2015

(05-17-2015, 03:40 PM)UndercoverGrimm Wrote: Good point. It wuld have been so sweet if Nick had taken Diana back to Adaline with blood all over his shirt. I'm hopeful they make Nick more dark in the next season.

I'm not. I really, really, really don't think I could sit through a whole season of Nick being a cynical asshole. Undecided There are ways of hardening a character without making them completely unlikable. (Something they should have done with Juliette...)

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Tokens210 - 05-17-2015

(05-17-2015, 11:23 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: Did it occur to anyone else that Nick should have jumped on that helicopter just when it was taking off? If they really wanted to make Nick a legitimate badass in this episode, they could have pushed his Grimmness past its breaking point

I honesty was thinking that during that scene, i thought nick was gonna jump like 20-30 odd feet in the air and grab that chopper, whether or not he would kill the king i didn't even think about, i just thought he was gonna grab Diana see Juliette wasn't there and jump safety to the ground with Diana in his arms on some super Grimm type stuff lol