Grimm Forum
S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E22 - Cry Havoc (/Thread-S4E22-Cry-Havoc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - TieDyeJackson - 12-02-2015

(12-01-2015, 10:20 PM)Nadalind1987 Wrote: I need to say: I liked Juliette till these two last episode! She was and is one of my favorites character from the beginning. Please, don't understand me wrong - I like Juliette - but when I first saw these episodes: I was like (screaming at the television, but she does not wanted to listen^^ - Juliette was just standing there and did nothing - only listen to what Kenneth did... But she has gone to far and to fast) I know: (And despite everything, after all that has happened, I like her still (the old Juliette) , but I can not forgive her, for what she did to Kelly.)

I actually liked Juliette more in the latter part of this season. She shone as a completely unsympathetic amoral villainess.

A lot of people think she wanted Nick to kill her in the last episode but I think she was just toying with his emotions and had every intention of killing him. She wanted to delight in his inability to kill her

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - New Guy - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 07:40 AM)TieDyeJackson Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 10:20 PM)Nadalind1987 Wrote: I need to say: I liked Juliette till these two last episode! She was and is one of my favorites character from the beginning. Please, don't understand me wrong - I like Juliette - but when I first saw these episodes: I was like (screaming at the television, but she does not wanted to listen^^ - Juliette was just standing there and did nothing - only listen to what Kenneth did... But she has gone to far and to fast) I know: (And despite everything, after all that has happened, I like her still (the old Juliette) , but I can not forgive her, for what she did to Kelly.)

I actually liked Juliette more in the latter part of this season. She shone as a completely unsympathetic amoral villainess.

A lot of people think she wanted Nick to kill her in the last episode but I think she was just toying with his emotions and had every intention of killing him. She wanted to delight in his inability to kill her
Hi TieDye,
Your description of Hexenette "unsympathetic amoral villainess" is accurate, IMHO. In her final scene she speaks of love to weaken Nick in order to enhance the violent mutilation of him as she delights in physical and emotional torture of the man who loved her and would rather die than kill her. Her life's ambition was to maximize Nick's pain and to see him die in agony.
New Guy

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Hexenadler - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 08:24 AM)New Guy Wrote: Your description of Hexenette "unsympathetic amoral villainess" is accurate, IMHO. In her final scene she speaks of love to weaken Nick in order to enhance the violent mutilation of him as she delights in physical and emotional torture of the man who loved her and would rather die than kill her. Her life's ambition was to maximize Nick's pain and to see him die in agony.
New Guy

When you say "her life's ambition," do you mean she secretly wanted to give Nick hell even before she transformed into a hexenbiest?

As for Juliette "shining" as a bad guy, she only shone in the sense that most of the viewers at home wanted her DEAD as soon as possible. That isn't what a good villain should do. Good villains should almost make you want to root for them, even while they're murdering people in plain sight.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - TieDyeJackson - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 08:26 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 08:24 AM)New Guy Wrote: Your description of Hexenette "unsympathetic amoral villainess" is accurate, IMHO. In her final scene she speaks of love to weaken Nick in order to enhance the violent mutilation of him as she delights in physical and emotional torture of the man who loved her and would rather die than kill her. Her life's ambition was to maximize Nick's pain and to see him die in agony.
New Guy

When you say "her life's ambition," do you mean she secretly wanted to give Nick hell even before she transformed into a hexenbiest?

As for Juliette "shining" as a bad guy, she only shone in the sense that most of the viewers at home wanted her DEAD as soon as possible. That isn't what a good villain should do. Good villains should almost make you want to root for them, even while they're murdering people in plain sight.

I think she pulled off the role of villain quite convincingly and while I knew her death was end game she kept topping herself with how deliciously evil she could be and I was most definitely rooting for her and she was bad for all too short of a time. I hope she comes back as the big bad for an extended period of time.

She reminds me of Angel and Angelus on Buffy where the sweet tender person just pulled a complete 180 and became just evil incarnate when they had a taste of the dark side.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Hexenadler - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 10:15 AM)TieDyeJackson Wrote: I think she pulled off the role of villain quite convincingly and while I knew her death was end game she kept topping herself with how deliciously evil she could be and I was most definitely rooting for her and she was bad for all too short of a time. I hope she comes back as the big bad for an extended period of time.

She reminds me of Angel and Angelus on Buffy where the sweet tender person just pulled a complete 180 and became just evil incarnate when they had a taste of the dark side.

"Deliciously evil?" More like "obnoxiously nasty." Hexenette didn't have any more depth or charisma than Adalind when she was still a hexenbiest. Neither of their characterizations evolved beyond those of sadistic little brats. Besides, if you were still rooting for Juliette after she got Nick's mom decapitated, that's a cause for legitimate concern.

I'm not a Buffy fan, either, so any mention about Angel/Angelus just makes me want to take an aspirin. Dodgy