Grimm Forum
S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E22 - Cry Havoc (/Thread-S4E22-Cry-Havoc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Elkhound - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 07:19 PM)Belle Wrote: In a perfect word Kelly is still alive somehow and shot the second one.

Kelly has a history of having exaggerated reports of her death.

(05-15-2015, 07:40 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: All the same, there was the occasional stupid moment. Like Juliette's line about her not expecting Kenneth to murder Kelly. As Harvey Dent would have said, "What exactly did you think they were going to do?!"

We may need to take that statement cum grano salis. We have no reason to think that J. was telling the truth even by her own lights.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Hexenadler - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 08:21 PM)Elkhound Wrote: We may need to take that statement cum grano salis. We have no reason to think that J. was telling the truth even by her own lights.

That's possible too, of course. On the other hand, if Juliette really was beyond hope, she would have defected to Austria with the Royals without a backward glance.

Instead, she went back home to face Nick's judgement - maybe hoping he would kill her, and if he didn't, she would kill him. In her mind, she probably intended the confrontation to be a last stand with Nick. Only one of them was going to walk out of that house alive. Of course, chances are Juliette didn't expect Trubel to show up either...

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Lou - 05-15-2015

Holy Mackerel, Batman!
That was the best episode ever.
Also maybe he most violent, gruesome, gory, suspenseful and action packed ever.

I used to keep a body count for each episode. Somewhere along the way it got left by the way side. Now I wish i had. That might have been the highest one ever.
I definitely spotted Trubel shooting both bolts. But it hadn't occurred to me that maybe Juliette is just stunned. I would think that if the writers were going to go there they would have left a clue for us. You know like
Monroe: Nick, which poison do you want to use?

Could we see Rosalee in the shop with Henriett's body fixing up a cure for Juliette in S5E1??
Anyway something for me to think about over the summer. Not sure what to hope for tho.

I think Nick should have shot down the helicopter. but maybe he didn't want to take a chance of hurting Diana. but i doubt a little helicopter crash would hurt her.
Tell the truth, I would have been perfectly content to watch the King, Juliette and Diana fly off to Vienna. The writers conclusion was even better.

It hadn't occurred to me to wonder what happened to Juliette until she showed up at her house. but then I knew right away that Trubel was going to shoot her.

But it never occurred to me to use Kenneth's body to take the rap for Jack. Hank is so smart.

I think the Scooby gang tied up a lot of loose ends but there are sill plenty (like Kenneth getting arrested in front of a bunch of cops and then being discovered dead in a abandoned something or other.) I guess thats why the Captain earns the big bucks.

Bringing back Meisner was great. Who was Trubel calling on the phone? Was that Meisner? how the heck would she have his number? Anyway, at the time I thought maybe she was talking to Juliette and we has some kind of undercover double cross happening.

And the last second reveal with Chavez! Totally out of left field. Great way to end the season.

I feel the writers bent to the portion of the fans that hated Juliette. but I will wait and watch at least some of Season 6. It might be possible for me to forgive them. I'm sure i can, if they keep writing episodes like this one.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 08:45 PM)Lou Wrote: Holy Mackerel, Batman!
That was the best episode ever.
Also maybe he most violent, gruesome, gory, suspenseful and action packed ever.

I used to keep a body count for each episode. Somewhere along the way it got left by the way side. Now I wish i had. That might have been the highest one ever.
I definitely spotted Trubel shooting both bolts. But it hadn't occurred to me that maybe Juliette is just stunned. I would think that if the writers were going to go there they would have left a clue for us. You know like
Monroe: Nick, which poison do you want to use?

Could we see Rosalee in the shop with Henriett's body fixing up a cure for Juliette in S5E1??
Anyway something for me to think about over the summer. Not sure what to hope for tho.

I think Nick should have shot down the helicopter. but maybe he didn't want to take a chance of hurting Diana. but i doubt a little helicopter crash would hurt her.
Tell the truth, I would have been perfectly content to watch the King, Juliette and Diana fly off to Vienna. The writers conclusion was even better.

It hadn't occurred to me to wonder what happened to Juliette until she showed up at her house. but then I knew right away that Trubel was going to shoot her.

But it never occurred to me to use Kenneth's body to take the rap for Jack. Hank is so smart.

I think the Scooby gang tied up a lot of loose ends but there are sill plenty (like Kenneth getting arrested in front of a bunch of cops and then being discovered dead in a abandoned something or other.) I guess thats why the Captain earns the big bucks.

Bringing back Meisner was great. Who was Trubel calling on the phone? Was that Meisner? how the heck would she have his number? Anyway, at the time I thought maybe she was talking to Juliette and we has some kind of undercover double cross happening.

And the last second reveal with Chavez! Totally out of left field. Great way to end the season.

I feel the writers bent to the portion of the fans that hated Juliette. but I will wait and watch at least some of Season 6. It might be possible for me to forgive them. I'm sure i can, if they keep writing episodes like this one.

The call Trubel received, I believe... was from Chavez. That explains why she showed up in the end to take Trubel (or maybe Juliette's body???)

I like Grimm because they always end the seassons with good questions with a lot open roads to be followed. But when the next seasson begins, I always have the feelings that the writers choose the worng questions and give the wrong answers.

I hope season 5 will be diferente...

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - LisaMVA - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 07:16 PM)eric Wrote: I am not sure Juliette is dead. There were two types of bolts, one to kill and one to stun. Sure was convenient for Truble to be there. How did Meisner know to be on that copter? Was the pilot in on it? The crew said there was no body, just a head. Seems very nice of the royals to be so tidy. I would guess there will be Diana, Juliette, Meisner and Diana in a future show. Everyone will think they are all dead, just living very quietly a boring, out of the way spot.

I really hope Juliette is not dead. I was kind of disappointed in tonight's episode for many reasons....too tired tonight to go into details.

I agree: it was way too convenient for Trubel to just show up at Nick's house: how in the world would she know Juliette would go back there, when Nick told everyone she fly away with the King? A lot of things don't make sense.

I like reading everyone's opinions and thoughts and will be back tomorrow.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Lou - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 09:10 PM)LisaMVA Wrote: I agree: it was way too convenient for Trubel to just show up at Nick's house: how in the world would she know Juliette would go back there, when Nick told everyone she fly away with the King? A lot of things don't make sense.

Trouble showing up at Nicks house could be
a) she knows its up to her to watch Nick's back.
b) she needed someplace to sleep. and wanted to give Nick his crossbow back.

Ok, who knows what Trubel said on the mystery phone call?

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 09:10 PM)LisaMVA Wrote:
(05-15-2015, 07:16 PM)eric Wrote: I am not sure Juliette is dead. There were two types of bolts, one to kill and one to stun. Sure was convenient for Truble to be there. How did Meisner know to be on that copter? Was the pilot in on it? The crew said there was no body, just a head. Seems very nice of the royals to be so tidy. I would guess there will be Diana, Juliette, Meisner and Diana in a future show. Everyone will think they are all dead, just living very quietly a boring, out of the way spot.

I really hope Juliette is not dead. I was kind of disappointed in tonight's episode for many reasons....too tired tonight to go into details.

I agree: it was way too convenient for Trubel to just show up at Nick's house: how in the world would she know Juliette would go back there, when Nick told everyone she fly away with the King? A lot of things don't make sense.

I like reading everyone's opinions and thoughts and will be back tomorrow.

There was blood in Juliette 's mouth witch means, I believe, there was a really dangerous internal damage. So Juliette is dead and I hope so. I am tired of this up and down thing between Nick and Juliette. It is time to move on. But this is grimm. They gave Renard' s life back and Adelaind two babies in sequence. Everything can happy.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - irukandji - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 09:10 PM)LisaMVA Wrote: I really hope Juliette is not dead. I was kind of disappointed in tonight's episode for many reasons....too tired tonight to go into details.

I agree. For a finale, it was less than satisfying. It's weird, but I got the impression right from the start that the writers really didn't know what to do with the story. For example, it seemed to me a lot of time was spent on getting the cast members to Bud's house, watching some of them leave Bud's house, and then getting them back to Bud's house.

Another kind of strange part to the story (and please don't beat me for this) was Nick's reaction to his mother's death. He's a basket case for about five minutes and has to be dragged out of the house, and then wants to go back. To me, it didn't further the story, but instead seemed like a weird way for the writers to knock off more time from the episode because they just didn't have enough story for the finale.

I have to say, Juliette going back to Nick's house was not a surprise, it was pretty obvious when she wasn't present on the helicopter. I liked Trubel coming onto the scene and dispatching her with the crossbow though. But, I also wondered why Trubel would bother following Nick back to his house in the first place.

As for Juliette, I do hope she comes back next season. I rather like her changeover to a Hexenbiest. As much as I have complained about her character prior to the changeover, I don't think Grimm would be the same without her.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - izzy - 05-16-2015

One poster writes:

It hadn't occurred to me to wonder what happened to Juliette until she showed up at her house.

And another writes:

I have to say, Juliette going back to Nick's house

My comments:

For some reason I was always under the impression Juliette owned the house and Nick moved in with her. So does anyone recall who actually owned the house and moved in with whom?

As an aside, I always thought Juliette’s character was a salute to feminism. Think of it this way, Juliette is a Veterinarian, they are highly educated and make big bucks, she owns her own home, and Nick was sort of her boy-toy at first. Think about it, the series seemed to open that way in terms of the relationship, and let’s face it, a Veterinarian means Juliette had brains and Nick is a cop, it is a known fact that cops are selected for lower IQs (see reference below) It seems to me Juliette was slumming, hence her perennial bitchy attitude. She always came across to me as a well to do snob with her blue collar boyfriend.

Reference:

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Gaultheria - 05-16-2015

(05-15-2015, 09:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: For a finale, it was less than satisfying. It's weird, but I got the impression right from the start that the writers really didn't know what to do with the story.

The finale felt mechanical to me. It was all about dealing with plotlines that had already been introduced, and a finale has to do that, but I thought it should have given us (and the main characters) something new to wonder about, to keep interest going over the summer. Something out of left field, like if the snow leopard enforcer guy from the Wesen council had shown up at Nick's door with all of the remaining keys. Meisner's cameo had some of that, but he didn't interact with any of the main cast.

For most of this season, I expected that the last scene of the finale would mirror the end of season 1: Trubel is back at Nick's house, Nick answers a knock at the door, it's Kelly, Nick says "Trubel, I'd like you to meet--", and Trubel says "Mom?!?"