Grimm Forum
S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E22 - Cry Havoc (/Thread-S4E22-Cry-Havoc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - TieDyeJackson - 09-11-2015

(09-11-2015, 12:34 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 10:20 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 04:44 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 02:19 AM)TieDyeJackson Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 08:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: Grimm has also pulled the tired old joke of bringing the dead back to life. Renard was dead and was brought back by his mother. I don't recall anyone complaining about it.

Grimm is full of monsters who have all kinds of powers. Why not bring Juliette back to life? I think it would be a blast seeing her provoke and irritate the hell out of Adalind. If it could be done, I would love to see an episode where Nick's baby prefers Juliette over Adalind.

I mean the long drawn out resurrection. With Renard it was a teetering on death type thing.

Dead is dead. Does it really matter if it's long or short? Grimm didn't freshen it up any or take a different approach, the series did the same thing every other series does when it decides to let a character die and then bring them back to life.

Actually it does matter. A person can still be revived a few minutes after clinical death before irreversible brain damage occurs. If someones been dead long enough to be in a coffin then the only way they come back is as one of the 'undead'. Big Grin

So you're saying Sean wasn't dead then?

(09-11-2015, 10:00 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 08:48 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 11:26 AM)TieDyeJackson Wrote: We will have to agree to disagree. Now if they bring back Juliette from the dead that will be a tired old joke in TV Land , Grimm is one of the few shows that hasn't pulled.

Grimm has also pulled the tired old joke of bringing the dead back to life. Renard was dead and was brought back by his mother. I don't recall anyone complaining about it.

Grimm is full of monsters who have all kinds of powers. Why not bring Juliette back to life? I think it would be a blast seeing her provoke and irritate the hell out of Adalind. If it could be done, I would love to see an episode where Nick's baby prefers Juliette over Adalind.

If we are talking about Hexan-Juli... The baby wouldn't survive 2 minutes in her hands... DodgyConfusedAngel

Why do you say that?

Sean was dead for about 5 seconds and Juliette tried to kill the baby numerous times in Utero.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 09-11-2015

(09-11-2015, 12:34 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 10:20 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 04:44 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 02:19 AM)TieDyeJackson Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 08:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: Grimm has also pulled the tired old joke of bringing the dead back to life. Renard was dead and was brought back by his mother. I don't recall anyone complaining about it.

I mean the long drawn out resurrection. With Renard it was a teetering on death type thing.

Dead is dead. Does it really matter if it's long or short? Grimm didn't freshen it up any or take a different approach, the series did the same thing every other series does when it decides to let a character die and then bring them back to life.

Actually it does matter. A person can still be revived a few minutes after clinical death before irreversible brain damage occurs. If someones been dead long enough to be in a coffin then the only way they come back is as one of the 'undead'. Big Grin

So you're saying Sean wasn't dead then?

(09-11-2015, 10:00 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 08:48 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 11:26 AM)TieDyeJackson Wrote: We will have to agree to disagree. Now if they bring back Juliette from the dead that will be a tired old joke in TV Land , Grimm is one of the few shows that hasn't pulled.

Grimm has also pulled the tired old joke of bringing the dead back to life. Renard was dead and was brought back by his mother. I don't recall anyone complaining about it.

If we are talking about Hexan-Juli... The baby wouldn't survive 2 minutes in her hands... DodgyConfusedAngel

Why do you say that?

1: Hexan-Juli was clearly upset because Adelaind was pregnant of Nick.
2: Hexan-Juli killed Nick mommy. Why would she preserve his son?
3: Hexan-Juli killed Nick mommy and tried to kill Nick because they are grimm. Nick baby can also be a grimm… It would be a way to eliminate a future threat.
4: Nick baby is also Adelaind baby.

Do you really think Hexan-Juli doesn’t have reasons to want to kill the baby?

Returning the question: Why would Hexan- Juli preserve Nick’s baby?

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - irukandji - 09-11-2015

Quote:1: Hexan-Juli was clearly upset because Adelaind was pregnant of Nick.

She's angry at Adalind, not the baby.

Quote:2: Hexan-Juli killed Nick mommy. Why would she preserve his son?

Juliette didn't kill Kelly. Also, I'm not sure what Kelly has to do with the baby, so I'll pass on this one.

Quote:3: Hexan-Juli killed Nick mommy and tried to kill Nick because they are grimm. Nick baby can also be a grimm… It would be a way to eliminate a future threat.

Key word here is 'can', not will. No one knows if the baby will be a grimm, a zauerbiest, half and half, or nothing at all. I doubt Juliette would be concerned with a 'what if the little guy becomes a grimm' possibility, especially since Nick himself didn't grimm on until his mid 30's.

Quote:4: Nick baby is also Adelaind baby.

Diana was Adalind's baby and Juliette did not show any animosity toward her.

Quote:Do you really think Hexan-Juli doesn’t have reasons to want to kill the baby?

No, I don't think Juliette has any hidden agenda to kill the baby.

Quote:Returning the question: Why would Hexan- Juli preserve Nick’s baby?

Simple. She's not a child killer. If she was, she would have killed Diana.

(09-11-2015, 12:43 PM)TieDyeJackson Wrote: tried to kill the baby numerous times in Utero.

I went through the recaps and couldn't find any evidence to support this. Can you give examples of the numerous times Juliette tried to kill the baby?

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 09-11-2015

(09-11-2015, 03:43 PM)irukandji Wrote: Simple. She's not a child killer. If she was, she would have killed Diana.

Diana is not a good example to say hexan-juli would or not kill Nick baby simply because Diana was hexan-juli ticket to the royal family. Besides that, there are different elements between Diana and her future little half brother that make things different related to hexan-juli.

In my country we have a say that translated would be something like: the cautious man died old. This means that a cautious man would avoid kinds of risk situations in his life. He would die only when he became a very old man.

I think this sentence applies here.

You may be right about hexan-juli, but Adelaind and Nick would let hexan-juli get close to the baby only if they are out of their minds.

(09-11-2015, 09:55 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: You may be right about hexan-juli, but Adelaind and Nick would let hexan-juli get close to the baby only if they are out of their minds.

I never said Nick or Adalind would let Juliette get close to the baby. That wasn't what the debate was about. I was disagreeing with the statement that the baby wouldn't survive two minutes in Juliette's hands. I believe the baby would survive a heck of a lot longer than two minutes in Juliette's hands. She was not a child killer.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Hexenadler - 09-12-2015

I still feel this episode promised something it couldn't deliver. The logline guaranteed we'd see Nick "on the warpath," and I wanted to see Nick on the f***ing warpath. I wanted to see him blow up the mansion where the Royals were staying. I wanted him to rip off Kenneth's head and mail it to Vienna. I wanted him to take a running jump on the helicopter, kill the pilots and the King, bring the chopper crashing down to the ground, and return to Adalind, covered in ash and blood, carrying Diana in his arm. I wanted him to give Juliette the kind of beatdown that would slam her Hexenbiest self into permanent submission.

I realize there's only so much a TV show budget can cover, but I think the writers missed a golden opportunity to turn Nick into an absolute beast.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - irukandji - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 08:01 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: I realize there's only so much a TV show budget can cover, but I think the writers missed a golden opportunity to turn Nick into an absolute beast.

No offense here, but I've never seen Nick as a character with the drive to completely turn into an absolute beast. He just doesn't have it in him. I may be wrong, but I haven't seen it yet.

I think that's why a lot of people didn't believe him when he demanded Juliette's death.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Hexenadler - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 12:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: No offense here, but I've never seen Nick as a character with the drive to completely turn into an absolute beast. He just doesn't have it in him.

Do you think Juliette had it in her to murder Nick if Trubel hadn't stepped in?

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - irukandji - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 12:30 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 12:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: No offense here, but I've never seen Nick as a character with the drive to completely turn into an absolute beast. He just doesn't have it in him.

Do you think Juliette had it in her to murder Nick if Trubel hadn't stepped in?

I didn't, and even argued that point. But the writers stepped in not long after and said she did intend to murder him. I figured if they said it, then she was going murder him.