Grimm Forum
S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E22 - Cry Havoc (/Thread-S4E22-Cry-Havoc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - irukandji - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 08:13 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: The way I see they investigate the crime without pre judgment. When the crime involves wesen, which always happens, they try to understand the context asking to Monroe and Rosales likes the frog girl case. When the case doesn't involve wesen characteristics or they have elements out of the wesen world they bring the case to the system.

That is how I see. But looking ahead Nick is becoming darker and we expect he darker in season 5. I am expecting he less supportive to weeks. I think he will start to work out of the law more often. Justice will not be in his priorities. This kind of started in the season 4 and will become deeper not season 5.

BUT until now this is how I saw them working.

Well, I wouldn't say Nick doesn't prejudge. He sees the criminals are wesen and he's already judged how he's going to handle them. In the majority of cases, they do not end up in custody. In the majority of the cases they end up dead.

I'm going to put that aside for a moment because we all know there's a large population of wesen out there. It's logical to assume that Nick is not the only one handling the criminal element wesen, right? That being the case, all the other police see are humans. Apparently they're handling the criminals as they should be or there would be a huge investigation into the extraordinary number of 'unsolveable' cases where criminals end up dead. But the only cases questioned were those handled by Nick and Hank.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 09:09 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 08:13 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: The way I see they investigate the crime without pre judgment. When the crime involves wesen, which always happens, they try to understand the context asking to Monroe and Rosales likes the frog girl case. When the case doesn't involve wesen characteristics or they have elements out of the wesen world they bring the case to the system.

That is how I see. But looking ahead Nick is becoming darker and we expect he darker in season 5. I am expecting he less supportive to weeks. I think he will start to work out of the law more often. Justice will not be in his priorities. This kind of started in the season 4 and will become deeper not season 5.

Well, I wouldn't say Nick doesn't prejudge. He sees the criminals are wesen and he's already judged how he's going to handle them. In the majority of cases, they do not end up in custody. In the majority of the cases they end up dead.

I'm going to put that aside for a moment because we all know there's a large population of wesen out there. It's logical to assume that Nick is not the only one handling the criminal element wesen, right? That being the case, all the other police see are humans. Apparently they're handling the criminals as they should be or there would be a huge investigation into the extraordinary number of 'unsolveable' cases where criminals end up dead. But the only cases questioned were those handled by Nick and Hank.

Again... all of this is about context... Where I live, if grimm were real life... Certainly we would fall into "the extraordinary number of 'unsolveable' cases where criminals end up dead"... Or even worst... "the extraordinary number of 'unsolveable' cases where criminals..." are still out there doing more crimes...

(06-23-2015, 09:23 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Again... all of this is about context... Where I live, if grimm were real life... Certainly we would fall into "the extraordinary number of 'unsolveable' cases where criminals end up dead"... Or even worst... "the extraordinary number of 'unsolveable' cases where criminals..." are still out there doing more crimes...

Only Nick's cases fall into that category. I think it's because he can see the wesen as they are and so he is judging them, killing them, and writing the cases off as unsolveable.

Fictional Detective Jones, on the other hand, apprehends some wesen robbing a bank. He cannot see they are wesen but he follows department procedure, arrests them and takes them in to the precinct.

No CSI here, it comes down to how the officers view the criminals. One follows procedure, the other does not.

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - jsgrimm45 - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 09:23 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 09:09 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Again... all of this is about context... Where I live, if grimm were real life... Certainly we would fall into "the extraordinary number of 'unsolveable' cases where criminals end up dead"... Or even worst... "the extraordinary number of 'unsolveable' cases where criminals..." are still out there doing more crimes...
It's always about context and I would disagree with irukandji I say Nick and Hanks arrests of wesen is in the 80% plus. Nick has killed reapers and wildsheer plus wesen that were not surrendering. As Grimm is only about wesen I can see why we are not shown the other cases. Just look at the arrests coyotls all arrested, Anubis arrested, blutbad robbers arrested, boy the was two wesen one lowen arrested, even the boxer arrested, only ones Nick or Hank have killed were attacking them. My opinion they have arrested most wesen. Now the one's the royals have sent have all died but what would you expect.

(06-23-2015, 09:51 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: It's always about context and I would disagree with irukandji I say Nick and Hanks arrests of wesen is in the 80% plus. Nick has killed reapers and wildsheer plus wesen that were not surrendering. As Grimm is only about wesen I can see why we are not shown the other cases. Just look at the arrests coyotls all arrested, Anubis arrested, blutbad robbers arrested, boy the was two wesen one lowen arrested, even the boxer arrested, only ones Nick or Hank have killed were attacking them. My opinion they have arrested most wesen. Now the one's the royals have sent have all died but what would you expect.

Well, you've given less than 10 here. In the four years that Grimm has been on, how many wesen has Nick killed?

(06-23-2015, 09:41 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 09:23 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Again... all of this is about context... Where I live, if grimm were real life... Certainly we would fall into "the extraordinary number of 'unsolveable' cases where criminals end up dead"... Or even worst... "the extraordinary number of 'unsolveable' cases where criminals..." are still out there doing more crimes...

Only Nick's cases fall into that category. I think it's because he can see the wesen as they are and so he is judging them, killing them, and writing the cases off as unsolveable.

Fictional Detective Jones, on the other hand, arrests some wesen robbing a bank. He cannot see they are wesen but he follows department procedure, arrests them and takes them in to the precinct.

No CSI here, it comes down to how the officers view the criminals. One follows procedure, the other does not.

You didn't understand me... In real life... In the country I live... there are a lot of unsolved cases.... and a lot of cases where the criminals dies becuase they resisted arrest. So, if grimm were real life... certanly this cases that happend in my country would certantly be wesen cases.

About the context... About the sample of Fictional Detective Jones (sorry, I don't know him so I will write based on what you wrote...). He doesn't know the wesens so his decition is based on uncomplete information... While Nick has a leattle more information about the criminals to decide... This diference of information changes their decisions simply because decisions are based on the informations we have.... And here we come to the context... again... the diferent information Nick and jones have change their context... I am not saing one is worng and the other is right... I am saying that if whant to analise their actions you must considere the context...

Beisdes that, I remember there was an episode where wesens robbing bank... Nick followed the procedure...as far as I remember... because in that case the wesen characterist didn't enter in the equacion... In this same episode, Sean informed the council that killed the criminals inside the prision. No Nick involved in this killing... Here is another point... in grimm we have the system law... and the council law... Nick always goes against the council trying to get with the system law... Jones doens't have do deal with the council... so.... their context is different...

(06-23-2015, 09:57 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: About the context... About the sample of Fictional Detective Jones (sorry, I don't know him so I will write based on what you wrote...). He doesn't know the wesens so his decition is based on uncomplete information... While Nick has a leattle more information about the criminals to decide... This diference of information changes their decisions simply because decisions are based on the informations we have.... And here we come to the context... again... the diferent information Nick and jones have change their context... I am not saing one is worng and the other is right... I am saying that if whant to analise their actions you must considere the context...

Adriano, you didn't understand. My detective was a fictional character, one I just made up. I was merely saying that it would be impossible for Nick to be the only detective going after criminal wesen.

But let me pose this question to you. Shouldn't information be based on the crime rather than the perpetrator? The fake detective I made up had exactly the same information Nick had. What you're saying is because Nick could see that the criminal was wesen, he feels he has the right to kill the wesen.

(06-23-2015, 09:57 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Beisdes that, I remember there was an episode where wesens robbing bank... Nick followed the procedure...as far as I remember... because in that case the wesen characterist didn't enter in the equacion... In this same episode, Sean informed the council that killed the criminals inside the prision. No Nick involved in this killing... Here is another point... in grimm we have the system law... and the council law... Nick always goes against the council trying to get with the system law... Jones doens't have do deal with the council... so.... their context is different...

And again, I pose the same question to you as to jsgrimm. In the four years that Grimm has been on, how many wesen has Nick killed?

(06-23-2015, 10:10 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 09:57 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Beisdes that, I remember there was an episode where wesens robbing bank... Nick followed the procedure...as far as I remember... because in that case the wesen characterist didn't enter in the equacion... In this same episode, Sean informed the council that killed the criminals inside the prision. No Nick involved in this killing... Here is another point... in grimm we have the system law... and the council law... Nick always goes against the council trying to get with the system law... Jones doens't have do deal with the council... so.... their context is different...

And again, I pose the same question to you as to jsgrimm. In the four years that Grimm has been on, how many wesen has Nick killed?

I don't know... But all the wesens killed were just criminals from the cases nick was investigating??? What about the verrats??? and the royals sent ones???

(06-23-2015, 10:10 AM)irukandji Wrote: Adriano, you didn't understand. My detective was a fictional character, one I just made up. I was merely saying that it would be impossible for Nick to be the only detective going after criminal wesen.

But let me pose this question to you. Shouldn't information be based on the crime rather than the perpetrator? The fake detective I made up had exactly the same information Nick had. What you're saying is because Nick could see that the criminal was wesen, he feels he has the right to kill the wesen.

I undesrtood... And for me you are being unfair with Nick...

First... I don't see nick killing wesens just because they are wesens... Here you are having a diferent interpretation then I am having... And we have one exemple that your fictional detective would put in prison someone Nick let free: the frog girl... Nick dedided she was inocent because she didn't have control of her body speling poison. Your detective would have the case unsolved because he didn't have all informations... or... he would send the girl to the prison...

Did nick killed that girl just because she was wesen??? If Nick kills all wesens as you said, he would simply have killed the girl. But he went to Rosalee and tried to understand what happens to her.

Other point you are not considering... Your detective Jones will see a wesen criminal and nothing happens... Nick see a wesen and the wesen see in Nicks eyes he is a grimm.... Many atack... many run... All the times Nick tryes to calm the wesen down and show he is there as policeman. Jones doens't have the same problem...

Other points in the context...
Nick fights the royals and the ones sent by them to kill him... Jones doesn't...
Nick fights wesen sent specifically to kill him... Jones doesn't...

Jones and Nick simply live in diferent contexts... Compare one to the other (and the amount of wesens they killed) is simply unfair with both...

RE: S4E22 - Cry Havoc - jsgrimm45 - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 09:56 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 09:51 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: It's always about context and I would disagree with irukandji I say Nick and Hanks arrests of wesen is in the 80% plus. Nick has killed reapers and wildsheer plus wesen that were not surrendering. As Grimm is only about wesen I can see why we are not shown the other cases. Just look at the arrests coyotls all arrested, Anubis arrested, blutbad robbers arrested, boy the was two wesen one lowen arrested, even the boxer arrested, only ones Nick or Hank have killed were attacking them. My opinion they have arrested most wesen. Now the one's the royals have sent have all died but what would you expect.

Well, you've given less than 10 here. In the four years that Grimm has been on, how many wesen has Nick killed?
Your number is 10 examples could have used krampus, the one with the drang-zorn little girl not the father, Freddy's killers, the jagerbars, hasslich, naiad, he even arrested kimura, but we would have to go thought 88 episode to get them all. Should we leave in or take out the hundjagers, wildsheer, reapers, mauvais dentes, nuckelanvee siegbarste, manticore as they were trying to take him out. I think he's been doing a lot more arresting them not killing of crime related cases. And some like the game player jump off the building. And some like the young man with the rats he arrested the humans.

(06-23-2015, 10:22 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: First... I don't see nick killing wesens just because they are wesens... Here you are having a diferent interpretation then I am having... And we have one exemple that your fictional detective would put in prison someone Nick let free: the frog girl... Nick dedided she was inocent because she didn't have control of her body speling poison. Your detective would have the case unsolved because he didn't have all informations... or... he would send the girl to the prison...

First of all, she'd go to jail, not necessarily prison. They are two separate things. Secondly, she's being treated no differently than a person who, say accidentally kills someone with their car. What you're saying here is that this girl, because she is a wesen and the deaths were accidental, she is above the law.

And if you really want to argue the point here, the same girl decided against a wesen procedure developed by her own kind so they wouldn't accidentally poison someone.

(06-23-2015, 10:22 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Other point you are not considering... Your detective Jones will see a wesen criminal and nothing happens... Nick see a wesen and the wesen see in Nicks eyes he is a grimm.... Many atack... many run... All the times Nick tryes to calm the wesen down and show he is there as policeman. Jones doens't have the same problem...

You said earlier Nick has more information than the average detective. It sounds like this information that he has is not beneficial to either him or the wesen.

(06-23-2015, 10:22 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Other points in the context...
Nick fights the royals and the ones sent by them to kill him... Jones doesn't...
Nick fights wesen sent specifically to kill him... Jones doesn't...

You really think police have never been targets of people sent to kill them?

[quote='Adriano Neres Rodrigues' pid='14427' dateline='1435080172']
Jones and Nick simply live in diferent contexts... Compare one to the other is simply unfair with both...

Not trying to be offensive here, believe me. But it wasn't so long ago you yourself proposed a fake scenario where Juliette lived and had to earn Monroe and Rosalee's friendship. The forum is full of lots of 'what if's". And this isn't exactly a "what if". Wu was the one who questioned it in the first place.