Grimm Forum
nick sean relationship - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: nick sean relationship (/Thread-nick-sean-relationship)

nick sean relationship - johnmlebel - 05-10-2015

hey im new to the forum and have just completed watching all 4 seasons in a row because I missed episodes all over with work. So I now have a question.

Nick is much more able than the other grimms it appears, stronger, faster smarter,... Sean is very protective of him, could nick and sean be half brothers? We dont actually ever see or hear much about Nicks dad. Thinking possibly thats why he adapts so fast to things happening around him, A grimm of royal blood, which is different than human blood seems they are able to test the babies to know if they are royal so there is obviously something different about them. Any thoughts?

RE: nick sean relationship - speakeasy - 05-11-2015

(05-10-2015, 08:11 PM)johnmlebel Wrote: hey im new to the forum and have just completed watching all 4 seasons in a row because I missed episodes all over with work. So I now have a question.

Nick is much more able than the other grimms it appears, stronger, faster smarter,... Sean is very protective of him, could nick and sean be half brothers? We dont actually ever see or hear much about Nicks dad. Thinking possibly thats why he adapts so fast to things happening around him, A grimm of royal blood, which is different than human blood seems they are able to test the babies to know if they are royal so there is obviously something different about them. Any thoughts?

Welcome to the forum, johnmlebel. I don't think there is any chance that Sean and Nick are half brothers. It has been documented that Nick's father was identified in the car crash that killed him when Nick was 12 years old and that Kelly is his mother. We know that Sean's father is King Frederick and his mother is Elizabeth.

I've always been sketchy on what the royal blood test results mean, but it appears more likely to me that Nick's enhanced Grimm abilities are residual affects from his encounters with the various wesen and other creatures he's come up against.

Of course, considering the unpredictability of this season's events, suppose it's a good idea to attach a disclaimer to everything we think we know about the show's flow of logic and make no assumptions! Big Grin

RE: nick sean relationship - Hexenadler - 05-11-2015

I'd like to know what will happen when Nick discovers Juliette had a fling with Renard again, on top of all the bullshit he's already having to deal with. I can see Nick becoming a lot more intolerant of Renard's excuses in season 5. Like, "immediate visit to the E.R." intolerant.

RE: nick sean relationship - crossbar - 05-11-2015

After what happened in the last episode involving Juliette; if Nick finds out about Renard and Juliette, I don't think that is going to hold a candle than Juliette was personally responsible for the murder of his mother.

(05-10-2015, 08:11 PM)johnmlebel Wrote: hey im new to the forum and have just completed watching all 4 seasons in a row because I missed episodes all over with work. So I now have a question.

Renard has always used Nick. Nick was and still is part of his gameplan. Grimm's are the most feared in the Wesen world. Grimm's are human, but superhuman. They could be viewed as Guardian's of Mankind. They are very powerful, very skilled and kill any wesen without thinking twice. They are the wesen's idea of the Boogeyman, They're aren't a lot of Grimm's left. So, the majority live a nomadic lifestyle. Always on the move and always on the hunt. Which makes Nick different. He stay's put. He polices wesen instead of just outright killing them. If they're not doing anything wrong, Nick leaves them alone. If they're breaking the law, then he goes after them.

So, Sean is a royal. But the Royals look at him as sort of a Bastard child of the Royals and an abomination. The Royals would like nothing more than to see him dead. No love loss there and King Fredrick seems like he could give a damn about him. BUT! they leave him alone and no small part to the fact that he has a Grimm watching his back. Lot's of wesen don't want to go up against a Grimm.

However, Hexenadler does make a good point. If Nick finds out about Juliette and Renard and gets pissed about it, Renard may find out that he doesn't have a Grimm watching his back anymore.

You state that Nick is probably the most powerful Grimm out there. To be honest, I don't even think Nick knows the true potential of his powers. No one ever trained him. Aunt Marie died before she could have the chance. She just told him he was a Grimm and kicked the bucket. Nick has been slowly learning stuff about his Grimm powers as the season have gone on. But, I don't think he knows his full potential. It would be cool to have another Grimm blow into town that has been around the block once or twice and properly trains Nick on the proper use of his Grimm powers.

RE: nick sean relationship - syscrash - 05-11-2015

When coming from King Frederick he loves his sons both of them. we only have Kenneth's word that the king ok'ed killing Sean if he gets in the way. Also he only said this to Adalind. I am thinking it is a false statement meant to scare Adalind.

Sean being protective of Nick is one thing. But know it is Nick going after the Royals and his father. That would make a difference. At the end of the day it was Juliette's actions that brought Diana back. Sean has no love for Kelly. With Nick afraid of Juliette Sean does not have to be nice to Nick. He can use Juliette to control Nick. Remember Sean sided with Nick for strategic reasons. Nick is not his friend. This is shown by Sean letting Juliette stay and said nothing. Sean even sleeps with Juliette. Sean may not have felt he could bet Nick so he choose to work with him. Juliette can clean the floor with Nick. the spice shop showed Nick is not even a close match for Juliette. The last scene in the promo shows Nick scared to death on the floor backing up, trying to save his life. Juliette over him getting ready to end his life. Nick never goes anywhere without his gun so Juliette must have taken it from him. Looking at the damage to the house in the background indicates it was one heck of a fight. So I could see Sean using Juliette to control Nick. Just like he was using Adalind to control Nick.

RE: nick sean relationship - crossbar - 05-11-2015

(05-11-2015, 12:59 PM)syscrash Wrote: When coming from King Frederick he loves his sons both of them. we only have Kenneth's word that the king ok'ed killing Sean if he gets in the way. Also he only said this to Adalind. I am thinking it is a false statement meant to scare Adalind.

Sean being protective of Nick is one thing. But know it is Nick going after the Royals and his father. That would make a difference. At the end of the day it was Juliette's actions that brought Diana back. Sean has no love for Kelly. With Nick afraid of Juliette Sean does not have to be nice to Nick. He can use Juliette to control Nick. Remember Sean sided with Nick for strategic reasons. Nick is not his friend. This is shown by Sean letting Juliette stay and said nothing. Sean even sleeps with Juliette. Sean may not have felt he could bet Nick so he choose to work with him. Juliette can clean the floor with Nick. the spice shop showed Nick is not even a close match for Juliette. The last scene in the promo shows Nick scared to death on the floor backing up, trying to save his life. Juliette over him getting ready to end his life. Nick never goes anywhere without his gun so Juliette must have taken it from him. Looking at the damage to the house in the background indicates it was one heck of a fight. So I could see Sean using Juliette to control Nick. Just like he was using Adalind to control Nick.

I really wouldn't go with the promo. You stated that in the promo you have Juliette over Nick ready to take his life and you have Nick on the floor scrambling in fear. Those could be two totally different scenes that they spliced together for the promo to misdirect people.

RE: nick sean relationship - Mat3 - 05-12-2015

I was never clear on why Sean tried to have Nick's aunt killed (using Adalind). I sort of got the feeling the writers intended to make him a villain and then changed their minds part way through season 1.

As far as Nick being a really powerful Grimm, well if someone said that before this season I might have agreed but since he got his powers back, he's been a bit of a wimp as far as Grimms go. Now we see Wessen often getting the upper hand and Hank or someone stepping in to help out. That's not the Nick I know from seasons 2 and 3. And what happened to the zombie-turning-pale thing? Did the writers forget or what?

RE: nick sean relationship - wfmyers1207 - 05-13-2015

(05-12-2015, 11:08 PM)Mat3 Wrote: I was never clear on why Sean tried to have Nick's aunt killed (using Adalind). I sort of got the feeling the writers intended to make him a villain and then changed their minds part way through season 1.

As far as Nick being a really powerful Grimm, well if someone said that before this season I might have agreed but since he got his powers back, he's been a bit of a wimp as far as Grimms go. Now we see Wessen often getting the upper hand and Hank or someone stepping in to help out. That's not the Nick I know from seasons 2 and 3. And what happened to the zombie-turning-pale thing? Did the writers forget or what?

As for the first part, you are right IMAO. In season 1 not only did he try to have Marie killed, he was involved in the Lowen gladiator games and had dealings with the killer in "Game Ogre" (the scene was deleted but is on the S1 DVD). Somewhere along the way the writers changed their minds.

As for the second part, I think Kelly's murder is going to send him ballistic. He has basically always tried to be a good cop and try to handle things as law enforcement issues. But her murder at the hands of Juliette and the Royals is going to change that completely. Leaving her head in a box in his home!!AngryAngryAngry

In fact this is one reason why I think they brought Truble back. Now that Juliette has turned dark Truble is probably the only person who can try to keep him from going totally ape shit. Truble did not know Kelly and will fell her death only as a loss to her friend and "big brother" Nick. She can still maintain some objectivity about it all and treat with him as a peer. Perhaps acting as his conscience, or at least a brake on his actions, for a time.