Grimm Forum
S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack (/Thread-S4E20-You-Don-t-Know-Jack)

Pages: 1 2 3

S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack - GrimmForum - 05-01-2015

Season 4 Episode 20
You Don't Know Jack

[Image: BAr6PaVl.jpg]

Air Date: May 1, 2015

Synopsis: A string of homicides have the press asking Captain Renard (Sasha Roiz) if a Jack the Ripper copycat has arrived in Portland. While dealing with the investigation, Nick (David Giuntoli), Hank (Russell Hornsby), Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Wu (Reggie Lee) deal with a situation they never expected. Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) must work together on a last ditch attempt to fix Juliette's (Bitsie Tulloch) condition. Elsewhere, Juliette decides to help her new ally even if it means hurting those around her.

RE: S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack - Lou - 05-01-2015

I liked this episode. Much more than I thought I was going to.

Man, even the hookers in Portland are better looking.

I can't remember how many more episodes are left to this season. I was pretty sure that they were going to wrap this stuff up before the end. but now i'm pretty sure they won't.

Here are some comments made over at CouchTuner

Really said, "Sure it may have made the character more interesting, but this whole side plot thing going on with Juliette is just weird (for lack of a better way to describe it) even for this show. The whole thing about hating everyone she was friends with is getting old. She's mad because they contributed to what has happened to her and yet, she admits to being happy with the results. She obviously has the capability to hurt them all, but apparently gets even more satisfaction out of harassing everyone instead of actually doing anything. She used to care about these people and now she's tossing them into walls, burning their (irreplaceable) family possessions, and disarming police officers! l mean yeah, I can see how the whole power going to your head thing might have something to do with it, but it's time to get another cat and put her back into a coma or kill the woman already. Be done with it before she kills some innocent bystander during one of her "drive-by" tantrums. Hard to believe that Nick would be so niave to think she would willingly take something that is going to take away her power what she said to him in the jail cell."

Dive said, "Seriously, what were they thinking giving her the glass jar expecting her to just willingly drink it while saying "OMG IT'S THE ONLY ONE WE'VE GOT Sad" "

Denise said, "Ok, yeah, I also think that was stupid, I really believed that they were gonna have like a secret plan to make her drink that. "

Sochi said" Also for someone who went through hell to get her powers back back then, Adelind did not have any second thought about losing it again tho~ Confused"

ThatAHole said, "i think the captains the ripper,,
film at 11.

Really replied, "Was thinking the same thing. His coat is what first made me think it. But that last scene seems to pretty well clinche it. Don't get what water has to do with it though. It's also strange to progress from punching random people and stealing their wallets to killing and removing organs. But maybe that's how it is with demon possession, you never know what you gonna get. This just seems like another really odd place to be going with the plot."

ThatAHole replied, "well we know hes of french ancestery, he is having blackouts, hes doing eeevil things.....
and it will be a "magic vessen like the evil santa claus who only shows up every hundred years or so. .....
and they got another dead hexan beast so they can whip up more magic moonshine for ..... julie ...."

RE: S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack - Oreoc1 - 05-01-2015

(05-01-2015, 08:43 PM)Lou Wrote: I liked this episode. Much more than I thought I was going to.

Man, even the hookers in Portland are better looking.

I can't remember how many more episodes are left to this season. I was pretty sure that they were going to wrap this stuff up before the end. but now i'm pretty sure they won't.

Here are some comments made over at CouchTuner

Really said, "Sure it may have made the character more interesting, but this whole side plot thing going on with Juliette is just weird (for lack of a better way to describe it) even for this show. The whole thing about hating everyone she was friends with is getting old. She's mad because they contributed to what has happened to her and yet, she admits to being happy with the results. She obviously has the capability to hurt them all, but apparently gets even more satisfaction out of harassing everyone instead of actually doing anything. She used to care about these people and now she's tossing them into walls, burning their (irreplaceable) family possessions, and disarming police officers! l mean yeah, I can see how the whole power going to your head thing might have something to do with it, but it's time to get another cat and put her back into a coma or kill the woman already. Be done with it before she kills some innocent bystander during one of her "drive-by" tantrums. Hard to believe that Nick would be so niave to think she would willingly take something that is going to take away her power what she said to him in the jail cell."

Dive said, "Seriously, what were they thinking giving her the glass jar expecting her to just willingly drink it while saying "OMG IT'S THE ONLY ONE WE'VE GOT Sad" "

Denise said, "Ok, yeah, I also think that was stupid, I really believed that they were gonna have like a secret plan to make her drink that. "

Sochi said" Also for someone who went through hell to get her powers back back then, Adelind did not have any second thought about losing it again tho~ Confused"

Spoiler :
ThatAHole said, "i think the captains the ripper,,
film at 11.

Really replied, "Was thinking the same thing. His coat is what first made me think it. But that last scene seems to pretty well clinche it. Don't get what water has to do with it though. It's also strange to progress from punching random people and stealing their wallets to killing and removing organs. But maybe that's how it is with demon possession, you never know what you gonna get. This just seems like another really odd place to be going with the plot."

ThatAHole replied, "well we know hes of french ancestery, he is having blackouts, hes doing eeevil things.....
and it will be a "magic vessen like the evil santa claus who only shows up every hundred years or so. .....
and they got another dead hexan beast so they can whip up more magic moonshine for ..... julie ...."
Spoiler :
Well the possessed thing isn't impossible since he had that "dream" of the devil grabbing him or posessing him somewhat and then the hexenbiest got all freaked out.

RE: S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack - Mat3 - 05-01-2015

Frustrating episode to watch when characters just don't act their character.

Aside from Juliette's not-so plausible transformation to total evil B***, I can't believe they just gave her the jar thinking she would drink it. That was ridiculous. At first I thought maybe the one they gave her had plain water in it and they had a trick up their sleeves, but nope.

And Adalind.. taking the experimental potion... while pregnant?
As mentioned in the first post, she went through hell to get her powers back, just to so willingly throw them away again? The dumbest thing though, that she apparently gave no consideration, is that she's now completely helpless against Juliette. She already lost that fight when she had her powers, but at least it *was* a fight. She can't win, but it might have been enough if teamed up with Nick (if it came to that), or maybe to escape another confrontation. But if Juliette finds her now, it's over.

Oh yeah... why did Monroe just stand there?

RE: S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack - SvenJoli - 05-01-2015

Am I missing something here? Adalind's mother did this potion once and it was to suppress the hexiness temporarily. Since we saw her woge it seems to wear off. In addition when Adalind lost her hexiness, we saw the ghostly apparition leave her and go away. When Adalind drank the potion the ghostly appartion came out then went back in. In conclusion, I don't believe Adalind has lost her wesenality.

RE: S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack - Samsarilian - 05-02-2015

What is frustrating is people who do not know what a spoiler alert is for. Someones SPECULATION is not a spoiler.

To answer the question of what it is about water is simple. All reflective surfaces water, mirror, or polished stone/metal is considered a portal either to other worlds or planes, sometimes passage through the doors can take you to other places in the real world. It is an old belief and has made its way into literature since long before Shakespeare.

(05-01-2015, 10:16 PM)SvenJoli Wrote: Am I missing something here? Adalind's mother did this potion once and it was to suppress the hexiness temporally. Since we saw her woge it seems to wear off. In addition when Adalind lost her hexiness, we saw the ghostly apparition leave her and go away. When Adalind drank the potion the ghostly appartion came out then went back in. In conclusion, I don't believe Adalind has lost her wesenality.

I caught this too. I believe that the purpose of this potion was to suppress it permanently or until reversed not kill it.

RE: S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack - Lou - 05-02-2015

(05-01-2015, 10:16 PM)SvenJoli Wrote: Am I missing something here? Adalind's mother did this potion once and it was to suppress the hexiness temporally. Since we saw her woge it seems to wear off. In addition when Adalind lost her hexiness, we saw the ghostly apparition leave her and go away. When Adalind drank the potion the ghostly appartion came out then went back in. In conclusion, I don't believe Adalind has lost her wesenality.

I noticed that too. It does make sense in that Adalind was so willing to take the potion. Perhaps she knew it was all smoke and mirrors.
But then ... Is Adalind that smart? she has proven herself to be pretty dumb before. But maybe being a cunning back stabbing plotter is what she is good at. Also, how can this benefit Adalind? What kind of end game is she after? but yeah, the apparition did definitely go back in.

(05-02-2015, 03:28 AM)Samsarilian Wrote: What is frustrating is people who do not know what a spoiler alert is for. Someones SPECULATION is not a spoiler.
I know what a spoiler tag is. but maybe I should have explained why I used it. The person I made the quote from, had put a big spoiler notice in front of it. He didn't say it was speculation, so I assumed he had some kind of information. Normally I stay way away from spoilers. so I just wanted to be cautious. but now that I'm thinking about it. Yeah, you're right. Its probably just speculation. He even said "I think". I'll go take the spoiler tag off.

Quote:I caught this too. I believe that the purpose of this potion was to suppress it permanently or until reversed not kill it.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

RE: S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack - Kathryn Wooten - 05-02-2015

(05-02-2015, 08:30 AM)Lou Wrote:

I noticed that too. It does make sense in that Adalind was so willing to take the potion. Perhaps she knew it was all smoke and mirrors.
But then ... Is Adalind that smart? she has proven herself to be pretty dumb before. But maybe being a cunning back stabbing plotter is what she is good at. Also, how can this benefit Adalind? What kind of end game is she after? but yeah, the apparition did definitely go back in.

(05-02-2015, 03:28 AM)Samsarilian Wrote: What is frustrating is people who do not know what a spoiler alert is for. Someones SPECULATION is not a spoiler.
I know what a spoiler tag is. but maybe I should have explained why I used it. The person I made the quote from, had put a big spoiler notice in front of it. He didn't say it was speculation, so I assumed he had some kind of information. Normally I stay way away from spoilers. so I just wanted to be cautious. but now that I'm thinking about it. Yeah, you're right. Its probably just speculation. He even said "I think". I'll go take the spoiler tag off.

Quote:I caught this too. I believe that the purpose of this potion was to suppress it permanently or until reversed not kill it.

That actually makes a lot of sense.
I believe Adaline is still a hexinbeist, but her powers are now surpress so she will not be able to use her powers until or if she takes a cure or the potion wears off

I think killing Henriatta is plot related if Juliette comes to her senses she would need another dead hexinbeist to make another batch of potion. I found it amazing that Sasha R can hold his breath so long face down and flloating in that pool. I also find strange that no one notice the capt of police walking around in his pajamas and bare feett to being totally soakin wet in a pool face down....also I found it odd that everytime Renard returns to "normal" he is in water or near water wonder what the connnection is???? something. also tells me that maybe Renard's mother returns and use the similair procedure to save her son...because I don't think Jack is going to let Renard go without killing him

RE: S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack - Hexenadler - 05-02-2015

With this episode, I'm now convinced Juliette is a woman without integrity. You could sense this flaw in her character long before she ever turned to the dark side of the Force. The writers are probably more to blame than Bitsie, but either way the damage is done now. I'm almost positive a stronger woman would have been able to quell her fiercer Hexenbiest impulses, but as we've seen, Juliette is too drunk on her own power to even make an effort.

If the writers had hoped Juliette would make for a better villain than love interest, they made a grave miscalculation. Even as an antagonist, she's an abject failure. She fancies herself a queen, even while Kenneth continues to use her as a clueless pawn. Simply put, she's a f***ing idiot. You can respect a villainess almost as much as you can despise her, but I have absolutely no respect for Juliette as a good guy or a bad guy now.

The way I see it, the writers have only two options available to them. Get cracking on Juliette's redemption immediately after season 5 begins, or kill her. Because as an evildoer, she's flat-out insufferable.

RE: S4E20 - You Don't Know Jack - Fuchsbauer - 05-02-2015

Okay, please, nobody attack me when I say that I thought this was the best episode of the season, and possibly my favourite episode of the entire series. It was jam packed with so much stuff, and things are moving at a much faster pace.

The opening scene with the trailer and everybody remembering their first time in it was very sad to watch. Good thing not everything was destroyed, though. Monroe was adorable when he was concerned about the ogre gun.

Juliette... damn this is getting more depressing and beyond hope. I know that Juliette has been the focus for the majority of the discussions in recent episodes, but I don't have a lot to say, other than she's beyond any sort of hope and should be dead. On second thought however, I don't want her to be dead. I don't want anybody on this show to die, but unfortunately it looks like it's going that way. Sad

So, Jack the Ripper? I have a keen interest in Jack the Ripper and I was very happy to see Grimm's take on it finally. Is it just me or was anybody else incredibly creeped out when Jack started to sing after he offed Henrietta? Anyways, I'm pretty sure that Renard is the Ripper. The question is, how? I have a theory on this. So, it seems like Jack the Ripper possessed a soldier, and now he's possessing a police captain (and a half Royal) so he seems to possess somebody who is honorable, or at least has high authority. Now, I think for someone to be possessed by him they would have to die first, although I'm not sure if you have to be resurrected in order for this to happen. That's all I got, basically a demon who waits in the afterlife for honorable people to die, then possess them.
Now, why does Jack give the possessed person a London accent? When I first heard Jack speak, I could tell it's Renard's voice, but it wasn't just any accent, it was a specific accent, a specific tone and depth too. I didn't notice that Renard kept waking up around water, but now I'm interested to see what that's all about. Maybe the original Jack the Ripper killed himself by drowning in water, so whenever his spirit is done possessing somebody for the time being, he goes into an area of water, as if he's killing himself and bringing back the person he is possessing. Sorry I rambled on, I loved Jack the Ripper. Big Grin
I liked Adalind's interaction with the rest of the cast, and it was good fun to see her staying over at Bud's house. Now that her Hexenbiest side is suppressed, I wonder how far on the good spectrum will she go? She had plenty of good lines in the episode and funny moments.
Also, yay Monroe and Rosalee for contacting Trubel! I can't wait to see her next week!

Renard is not in a good place at all. When the press finds out that he's doing the killings, it is going to look very bad for all of Portland's officers. I feel so sorry for Renard, I don't think I've ever seen him this distraught when he talked to Henrietta. I feel for you buddy. It's going to be okay, they can fix this. Sad