Grimm Forum
replacement of the books lost in trailer fire - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: replacement of the books lost in trailer fire (/Thread-replacement-of-the-books-lost-in-trailer-fire)

Pages: 1 2

replacement of the books lost in trailer fire - jsgrimm45 - 04-27-2015

Maybe the word could go out on a Grimm network so to speak and Nick could get most of the book lost in the fire back. I really didn't like the trailer being burnt. Huh

RE: replacement of the books lost in trailer fire - wfmyers1207 - 04-28-2015

Well, the promo photos for this weeks episode do show Wu holding a couple of charred Grimm books, so something survives.

Also, some grimmsters have suggested that Truble and Josh may have taken Roleks' trunk with them. I'm pretty sure they left that stuff with Nick, but I could be wrong.

Like other grimmsters I wish Nick had digitized the damn books. That would have been a great project for Truble to start and Wu to finish when they were doing all that studying in the trailer.

Didn't really make sense for Nick and Hank to have to run all the way into the sticks just to look up some basic info about wesen.Huh

RE: replacement of the books lost in trailer fire - Elkhound - 04-28-2015

I'm sure that Wu had digitized some of it, but the films and the weapons are pretty much toast.

RE: replacement of the books lost in trailer fire - Lou - 04-28-2015

Although I hate that the trailer got burnt up. and all that implies.
and I was always in favor of digitizing the books.
This may provide some interesting opportunities for the writers. In the past, Nick would research in the library and find out all kinds of stuff. from the weakness of the Wesson, to its habits, and sometimes even the right weapon to defeat it.
Now he doesn't have that advantage. So his Grimm-work will be even more challenging.

RE: replacement of the books lost in trailer fire - jsgrimm45 - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 09:53 AM)Elkhound Wrote: I'm sure that Wu had digitized some of it, but the films and the weapons are pretty much toast.

Great idea I know Wu was at the trailer a lot. Very good point that had not crossed my mind. Thanks for the idea.

RE: replacement of the books lost in trailer fire - syscrash - 04-28-2015

Well the sneak peek shows
Spoiler :
the gang has book at the spice shop. so no digital trailer.

Please don't forget the spoiler tags when not writing in the spoiler section. Thank you Wink.
Gretel

RE: replacement of the books lost in trailer fire - crossbar - 05-01-2015

Actually, I think I may understand why the writers got rid of the Trailer. I mean, if they don't have the trailer anymore, where will Nick go to figure out what he's dealing with? Well, the only answer I can think of is the Spice Shop. So, the Spice Shop is going to turn into The HQ for Nick and a safe place for the Scooby Gang to get together and solve the problems or come up with idea's rather than a cramped little space trying to hold 3 or 4 people in it.

RE: replacement of the books lost in trailer fire - Robba925 - 05-11-2015

(04-28-2015, 09:53 AM)Elkhound Wrote: I'm sure that Wu had digitized some of it, but the films and the weapons are pretty much toast.

many of the weapons survived in the cabinet didn't they ?

RE: replacement of the books lost in trailer fire - Elkhound - 05-12-2015

(05-11-2015, 09:18 PM)Robba925 Wrote:

You're right; I should have said the films and the potions. And it looked like a great many of the books survived with minor scorching; perhaps some previous custodian had treated them with some flame-retardant chemical.

RE: replacement of the books lost in trailer fire - wfmyers1207 - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 05:12 AM)Elkhound Wrote:
(05-11-2015, 09:18 PM)Robba925 Wrote:

You're right; I should have said the films and the potions. And it looked like a great many of the books survived with minor scorching; perhaps some previous custodian had treated them with some flame-retardant chemical.

Interesting point. The possibility is also that many were written on vellum which is much more durable than paper and given there ancient nature that is likely.