Grimm Forum
S4E18 - Mishipeshu - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E18 - Mishipeshu (/Thread-S4E18-Mishipeshu)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

S4E18 - Mishipeshu - GrimmForum - 04-17-2015

Season 4 Episode 18
Mishipeshu

[Image: J8tZ4ihl.jpg]

Air Date: April 17, 2015

Synopsis: A homicide leads Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) onto the dark and mysterious path of a local Native American power quest. Meanwhile, Juliette's (Bitsie Tulloch) erratic behavior lands her on the wrong side of the law. At the spice shop, Rosalee (Bree Turner) and Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) are on a mission and call on Captain Renard (Sasha Roiz) for help. Reggie Lee and Claire Coffee also star.

RE: S4E18 - Mishipeshu - Lou - 04-17-2015

Well..... that was different.
Wonder if we'll be seeing that police woman again? A new Wu? Maybe a love interest for Hank.
Juliette is out of control. I hope she pulls it together.
Thank Grimm for Rosalie, at least she is doing something constructive.
Remember when Elizabeth, Renard's mom, was doing the transformation on Juliette and we thought she changed something? Didn't she say something like "only one drop of ____ this time"? I wonder if this thing that happened to Juliette is because of Elizabeth.
Now there is something wrong with Renard, too??!!
This not finding Renard's mom is getting to be a drag. Renard, Juliette really need her back.
I accidentally caught the preview of next week's episode. Wow. it looks like a good one.

RE: S4E18 - Mishipeshu - Hexenadler - 04-17-2015

Quick thoughts:

Wu is quickly becoming the only source of levity left on this show. His reaction to the ratio of Wesen-related murders was hilarious. Let's hope he's given more to do in future episodes.

Did anyone else think Russell Hornsby's performance inside the tent was flat-out amazing? He really sold the pain and anguish the five-year-old Simon experienced at the time of his father's death.

Bitsie did a fine job of bouncing back and forth between "Old Julie" and "Hex Julie" in the prison cell scene. On one hand, it's obvious she's quickly gaining the more venomous attributes of a Hexenbiest, but on the other, she still exhibits enough vulnerability around Nick to leave room for hope. I hope her last line about being a threat to Nick's life is going to be followed up. I want to see Nick call Juliette's bluff by deliberately leaving himself wide open to attack and outright TELLING her to kill him.

The CGI on this week's Wesen (could it be called a Wesen?) was incredible, especially for the budgetary constraints of a television show. Some of its facial expressions towards the end while it was possessing Hank were downright stunning, so bravo to whoever put that beast together. Cool

Apparently Renard is going psycho for as-yet-undetermined reasons. I can't say I feel any sympathy for the jerk, now that he's voluntarily fooled around with Juliette. If Nick is forced to put him down like a mad dog, it will probably be the LEAST tragic scene in the series. (Ha!)

So, it looks like the writers are going ahead with the whole Juliette/Adalind role reversal thing next week. As I've said elsewhere, I'm not buying it for a second, although I'm sure they'll do their damned hardest to make me. Rolleyes

RE: S4E18 - Mishipeshu - Samsarilian - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 08:27 PM)Lou Wrote: Well..... that was different.
Wonder if we'll be seeing that police woman again? A new Wu? Maybe a love interest for Hank.
Juliette is out of control. I hope she pulls it together.
Thank Grimm for Rosalie, at least she is doing something constructive.
Remember when Elizabeth, Renard's mom, was doing the transformation on Juliette and we thought she changed something? Didn't she say something like "only one drop of ____ this time"? I wonder if this thing that happened to Juliette is because of Elizabeth.
Now there is something wrong with Renard, too??!!
This not finding Renard's mom is getting to be a drag. Renard, Juliette really need her back.
I accidentally caught the preview of next week's episode. Wow. it looks like a good one.

I agree with both posts so far. It was "one drop less"

RE: S4E18 - Mishipeshu - Lou - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 09:51 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Apparently Renard is going psycho for as-yet-undetermined reasons. I can't say I feel any sympathy for the jerk, now that he's voluntarily fooled around with Juliette. If Nick is forced to put him down like a mad dog, it will probably be the LEAST tragic scene in the series. (Ha!)

I'm not sure Sean and Juliette actually did it. Granted its a TV show, but I think they left too much to the imagination.

RE: S4E18 - Mishipeshu - Samsarilian - 04-17-2015

Come to think of it they mentioned a Numbing effect. This and not the Hexan Nature could be what is causing the personality shift in Juliette.

I wander if they lift the Numbing effect and get the old Juliette back but still have the Hexanbiest in her what the resulting power increase will be? I can not see how a numbing effect can only work on one side of the equation.

I still do not like their trying to create an alliance between Adalind and Nick... I shudder to think of what feminist groups are going to make of this barely veiled rape reversal going to the rapist favor. It kind of undoes the gains they have fought for 150 years to make.

RE: S4E18 - Mishipeshu - syscrash - 04-18-2015

They have not tried to numb Juliettes powers yet. Plus at this point there is no way Juliette is going to agree to even try to lose her powers. And especially to try with something Adalind cooked up.
I can't even imagine, you have what are suppose to be your friends trying to get you to take something created by the same woman that put you in a comma, turned you into a hexenbiest, sleep with your boyfriend, and now having his baby.

Would Nick and crew to even be part of something that would help Adalind strip Juliette's power's. Knowing that as soon as they where gone Adalind would seek revenge on Juliette for trying to kill her. If I was Juliette and they did that I would destroy the spice shop.

I wonder if Juliette is going to act like she is going along with their attempt to cure her. Only so she can get the book and hat.
They call Juliette over to the spice shop explaining they have something that can help with her problem. The book is on the counter and they have the hat setup to try and cure Juliette. If Juliette was to walk over pickup the book and the hat and walk toward the door, who is going to stop her. They try, they will get a big surprise. Adalind has seen what Juliette can do. She knows Juliette can tear the spice shop apart. Nick should know it also seeing what was left of the house. I would think Adalind would tell Nick to let her go.
Juliette could want the hat and book as part of a plan to let Juliette get revenge on Adalind, Nick and the crew. The plans actual purpose will be to get Kelly to bring Diana to Portland.
The plan will involve putting Adalind and Nicks child in Jeapordy. The only thing to save them is have his mother produce Diana.
This will make Adalind have to choose does she risk Diana to save her and her unborn child's life. And Kelly would have to decide Diana for her grandchild. Nick would have to decide does Nick put his mother in danger to save his child with Adalind.
Juliette changes into Adalind. As Adalind she gets Nick to betray Adalind which results in Adalind and the baby being in jeopardy. As Adalind all she would need to do is delay Nick while Kenneth kidnaps Adalind to hold hostage. while delaying Nick, using her powers Juliette makes a move on Nick as Adalind. In the middle of making out she changes back to Juliette. Juliette give Nick grief about Adalind being a hexenbiest and Nick did not seem to mind. She then tells Nick he has 24 hours to produce Diana. Pats him on the side of the face and says "Go get em Grimm" and walks out.

So now
Nick is left with the image of Juliette watching him make out with Adalind. Plus knowing his child is in danger. Knowing he may have to go up against Juliette to protect Adalind.
Rosalee and Monroe not wanting to get involved because of what Juliette might do. There will be damage in the spice shop by the end of the season.
Sean is no help. He has his own problems plus he needs Diana back to keep Kenneth off his back. Where it could have been Sean and Adalind taking on Kenneth. Now Adalind has to hide from Kenneth or be held hostage. Nick is mad at him because he was with Juliette and it is Sean child that has him putting his mother in danger.
Adalind Juliette wants to kill her. Kenneth wants her as a hostage. Nick hates her but she is carrying his child. Sean hates her because of her condition now Kenneth has leverage so he has to give up Diana.

RE: S4E18 - Mishipeshu - Samsarilian - 04-18-2015

I think we got two different things out the numbing effect conversation. I got out of it that if Elizabeth did not get her ratios right that it could have had an effect on Juliette already. IE that could be what has caused her personality shift. That is the cause of her taking this out on her friends who love her and want to help her, rather than turning to them for support. That is what caused her to go for Sean. That is what is making her reject Nick. And every other misbehavior (the blown up car, the bar scene, etc.) we have seen in the last few weeks. If part of your personality is suppressed you are not entirely in control.

As for this child thing... Nick was raped. That is what it is called when one party has their right to say NO removed before the act of sex, whether this is done with drugs, or by force or in this case the use of trickery(the closest real world equivalent is hypnosis. and you can make someone perceive you as somebody else with it. You can make them think they are someone else. The stage shows are fun to watch and this is done by people with little or no training.) Most rape victims that get pregnant do not want the child. Men in general leave women and don't look back at the children left behind, without rape even being involved. That is kinda why we now have "dead beat dad" laws. What makes the writers think it is believable that Nick is going to go all goowy over a child conceived while he was being raped?

RE: S4E18 - Mishipeshu - grimmfreak - 04-18-2015

Great episode, best since Wesenreign IMO. Can't wait for next week.

RE: S4E18 - Mishipeshu - Sable677 - 04-18-2015

I liked the episode, but it wasn't a favorite. I can't wait for next week's though. I was glad to see the police woman back, and I liked that twist at the end. The Juliette story just gets worse and worse for me. I am intrigued about the Sean story though. He is definitely not himself, and that explains some of his actions (cough Juliette cough). I'm glad that Monroe and Rosalee might have found an explanation for Juliette's behavior that could possibly be fixed though Juliette probably won't let them.