Grimm Forum
Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee (/Thread-Adalind-Schade-Claire-Coffee)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee - Lou - 05-15-2013

I'm surprised Adalind doesn't have her own thread. I hate the character. I'm really looking forward to someone killing her. I just don't know if the network can kill pregnant women.

Anyway, in the Walking Dead we got not one but two scenes of Adalind in her underwear. Which reminded me that Claire Coffee is pretty hot and did a skimpily clad Photostat in Esquire magazine a while back.

oh and checking her IMDB filmography I discovered 10 years ago she was on the West Wing ( I loved that show ), and a little googling, and a trip to the West Wing Wiki, I found out that she was " one of the interns Will Bailey assigned to the White House Press Office after the entire speechwriting staff quits when he takes over for Sam Seaborn as Deputy White House Communications Director." OH! I totally remember her now. She was great. Her character was very funny. I'm glad she finally got another good reoccurring role.

I also found out she is a Niners fan. So she can't be all bad.

Esquire photoshoot and video. Claire shows a lot of skin in this so lets call it NSFW.
http://www.esquire.com/women/me-in-my-place/claire-coffee-hot-2011#slide-1

RE: Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee - pale boy - 05-17-2013

I think she plays a good antagonist. I know that the actress isn't the character, but Adalind qualifies as "love to hate" for me. Some of the nicest actors and actresses are really good at playing "bad guys".

I like that Adalind is always playing for high stakes. She may have lost to Nick and his friends a few times, but she's still a dangerous character with her own agenda.

And her ability to get away with stuff is enraging in a good way. She's being effective as a foil to Nick and the rest of the crew.

And yeah, it's probably safe to have put a NSFW warning on that link. Not that I, uh, minded the link or anything. Angel

RE: Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee - Lou - 05-17-2013

Oh, I just realized, every hero needs a villain. Batman has the Joker, Superman has Lex Luther. Nick has Adalind

RE: Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee - pale boy - 05-19-2013

(05-17-2013, 07:59 AM)Lou Wrote: Oh, I just realized, every hero needs a villain. Batman has the Joker, Superman has Lex Luther. Nick has Adalind

Haha, that would be really awesome. It isn't often that a male hero gets an archnemesis that also happens to be a woman, too. Adalind remains Nick's most constant enemy, now that I think about it. Hm ...

A bit of "You and I are destined to do this forever" could potentially be in the works.

(The Dark Knight is still so quotable ...)

RE: Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee - Lou - 05-19-2013

Well, Batman had Catwoman and Poison Ivy.
Daredevil had electra,
Buffy and Angel and 007 had lots too.
I'm sure there are more. In movies, if a hero went against a female he almost always had a female on his side to deliver the knock out punch. Can't wait to see Juliette knock out Adalind.

RE: Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee - FräuleinWunderlich - 05-19-2013

(05-19-2013, 09:50 AM)Lou Wrote: Can't wait to see Juliette knock out Adalind.

A girlsfight in the cage from" the Last Grimm standing" episode? Big Grin

I think, Adalind joins the Team Grimm at some point.It´s hard conceivable presently. But who might thought that Cordelia in Buffy could be a nice woman. Wink

RE: Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee - pale boy - 05-21-2013

(05-19-2013, 03:15 PM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote:
(05-19-2013, 09:50 AM)Lou Wrote: Can't wait to see Juliette knock out Adalind.

A girlsfight in the cage from" the Last Grimm standing" episode? Big Grin

I think, Adalind joins the Team Grimm at some point.It´s hard conceivable presently. But who might thought that Cordelia in Buffy could be a nice woman. Wink

Heh, that would be a very strange turn of events. You're right; having Adalind on the side of the Grimm gang seems impossible right now, but ... I could see it happening. Eventually. With work.

RE: Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee - HellJacket - 05-21-2013

(05-15-2013, 12:30 PM)Lou Wrote: Anyway, in the Walking Dead we got not one but two scenes of Adalind in her underwear. Which reminded me that Claire Coffee is pretty hot and did a skimpily clad Photostat in Esquire magazine a while back.
I thought these two scenes were kind of surprising considering how rare it is on Grimm for any of the female cast members to appear barely clothes/semi-naked, which brings me to my daily tangent.

If you watched the deleted scenes for the pilot, the writers/directors had originally planned on playing up Juliette's sex appeal (i.e., having more scenes with her barely clothed/ in her underwear). However, that aspect of the show pretty much vanished midway through the first season. In it's place, the Grimm got lots and lots of scenes of Renard with no shirt. Therefore, I'm led to believe that the writers didn't originally know what Grimm's demographic was going to be. Based on the commercials for the show and IMDB sampling, it appears that the Grimm audience swings heavily to the female demographic.

Sadly, this appears to mean us Grimm fans can expect many more future scenes of Renard undressed, but very few scenes of scantily clad Juliette/Adalind/etc.

RE: Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee - FräuleinWunderlich - 05-21-2013

Of course they don´t put the girls in underwears. In my estimation the writters changed the whole profil of the both ladys in the middle of the first season. In the first episodes Adalind was this strong evil woman which want to kill Nicks aunt, and work very tough. Then she became the little girl from the captain. At the moment I found that the writers are one a good way to bring the frist look of Adalind back. And if sexy&strong or badder inteligent is not a good combination for the TV. And I mean that totally objective.

RE: Adalind Schade/ Claire Coffee - HellJacket - 05-21-2013

(05-21-2013, 02:45 PM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: Of course they don´t put the girls in underwears. In my estimation the writters changed the whole profil of the both ladys in the middle of the first season. In the first episodes Adalind was this strong evil woman which want to kill Nicks aunt, and work very tough. Then she became the little girl from the captain. At the moment I found that the writers are one a good way to bring the frist look of Adalind back. And if sexy&strong or badder inteligent is not a good combination for the TV. And I mean that totally objective.

Given the obvious language barrier, I'm having some trouble following your argument, but you appear to be arguing that a woman can't be strong and at the same time prance around in her underwear in a television show. Correct me if I'm misunderstanding your position. I feel this is sexist, though. Episode after episode we get a scene with Renard without a shirt, and yet, no one here doubts his strength. I see nothing weak about Juliette or Adalind having lots of underwear scenes, whether gratuitous or otherwise.

/P.S. your posts are really fun to read if I imagine you talking in Frau Pech's voice, accent and all.