Grimm Forum
Would you like to see Grimm go global? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Would you like to see Grimm go global? (/Thread-Would-you-like-to-see-Grimm-go-global)

Pages: 1 2 3

Would you like to see Grimm go global? - Grimmster123 - 04-09-2015

Many posters have said that they would love to see Nick head to Vienna and fight the Royals head on. I was thinking about it and I think it would be really cool to have Nick go to Vienna but on the way there throughout the season have him pit stop in other countries and other states to see other wesen.

For example he flies from Oregon and pit stops in Philadelphia to visit Josh and Trubel. In this episode, the writers could have a case revolving around the Jersey Devil which is perhaps the most famous cryptozoic creature in the United States.

Next they could take Nick overseas and have him stop in Scotland and take on the Loch Ness monster. The writers could have fun with this one and since he is travelling to Vienna it makes sense they he may end up in Scotland.

Maybe they have Nick meet up with his mother in Ireland and a leprechaun steals the Coins of Zakynthos to put into his pot of gold and Nick and his mom have to get them back.

I just thought it would be cool for the writers to tackle some of the world's legends and myths by having Nick stop there on his way to fight the Royals. What do you guys think?

RE: Would you like to see Grimm go global? - Elkhound - 04-09-2015

Perhaps he could meet up with other Grimms.

I've often speculated that Mr. Steed & Mrs. Peel might have been Grimms working in 1960's London. Perhaps Sherlock Holmes was a Grimm also?

RE: Would you like to see Grimm go global? - Samsarilian - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 03:41 PM)Grimmster123 Wrote: Many posters have said that they would love to see Nick head to Vienna and fight the Royals head on. I was thinking about it and I think it would be really cool to have Nick go to Vienna but on the way there throughout the season have him pit stop in other countries and other states to see other wesen.

For example he flies from Oregon and pit stops in Philadelphia to visit Josh and Trubel. In this episode, the writers could have a case revolving around the Jersey Devil which is perhaps the most famous cryptozoic creature in the United States.

Next they could take Nick overseas and have him stop in Scotland and take on the Loch Ness monster. The writers could have fun with this one and since he is travelling to Vienna it makes sense they he may end up in Scotland.

I am not saying any of this is a bad idea.

They did Scotland in Oregon already. They did the Nukalevee, a legend from the northern isles of Scotland. Though I know the legends and think they did it rather poorly. Consider the description from the legend of no skin and you can see the flesh/bone/vessels of a man, comes in a myst/fog bank, can steal your soul or your life and you will understand. The lock ness monster is but one of several 'water horses.' If people had not started faking photos of it, it would not even be known to most of us. And the original photos from the turn of the century can be proven to be fakes. They have been redone by students time and time again. Scotland has some of the best horror mythology that exists.

They could almost move the show there and have endless material.

(04-09-2015, 03:41 PM)Grimmster123 Wrote: Maybe they have Nick meet up with his mother in Ireland and a leprechaun steals the Coins of Zakynthos to put into his pot of gold and Nick and his mom have to get them back.

I just thought it would be cool for the writers to tackle some of the world's legends and myths by having Nick stop there on his way to fight the Royals. What do you guys think?

I would like to see him take out the current Counsel first. They put a hit on him which clearly exceeds their authority to govern 'Wesen.' It is only by agreements, and those can be altered, that they had the support of Grimms in certain matters. It was found that those matters were not what was originally thought therefore the agreement no longer applied.

RE: Would you like to see Grimm go global? - syscrash - 04-09-2015

A traveling Nick would be hard. The major problem is Nick without his books would be rough. Could be solved by digitizing them. Nick also needs his team. But the most important. Without Sean and his position Nick would end up in jail. Nick as a Grimm equals dead body.

RE: Would you like to see Grimm go global? - speakeasy - 04-09-2015

I believe Nick will have to end up going to Europe. When the time comes, he should be involved in discovering the mystical object of power whose location is mapped out on the seven keys. Get the feeling it will be a race between both sides, but I digress. Big Grin And with a vested interest in stopping the Royal families from bringing about their diabotical scheme, the gang will likely take up the fight along with Nick. Clues seem to point to some place in the Black Forest.

Plus Nick should be fighting with the Resistance when the confrontation takes place; they seem like the largest organized opposition to the Royals and it seems they are centered in or around Vienna. In addition, the King and company seem hell bent on getting Diana into the castle, so the action seems likely to take place in that part of the world.

What I'd wish for if Nick were to pass through Scotland on his way to Vienna or parts there of, is for a WoW story to be built around the stone henges that can be found in that country; they are so mystical anyway, seems like fun.

RE: Would you like to see Grimm go global? - Hexenadler - 04-09-2015

I can imagine something like this happening in a season-ender, but I don't think the show's budget could cover episode after episode of globe-trotting adventures.

The Olde Ones live under the Fairy Hills/Rings. IE: the stone circles/Henges. Old Ones range from the Ban Sidhe (banshee) to any Fae in general. Most are neither good nor bad in Scottish lore but they are fickle.

EDIT:
All a movie crew needs to do any part of the world is a good two story ware house with no second floor. Sets are easy to make and reusable. A small cottage in a forest with a different set of plants becomes an old hut in the heather. Since most of us have centered on Scotland the Oregon weather is even similar to Scotland that is wet a lot even in summer.

RE: Would you like to see Grimm go global? - Elkhound - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 07:15 PM)Samsarilian Wrote: Since most of us have centered on Scotland the Oregon weather is even similar to Scotland that is wet a lot even in summer.

There's a joke to the effect that the reason red hair is so common in Scotland is that they have rusted.

(04-09-2015, 07:53 PM)Elkhound Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 07:15 PM)Samsarilian Wrote: Since most of us have centered on Scotland the Oregon weather is even similar to Scotland that is wet a lot even in summer.

There's a joke to the effect that the reason red hair is so common in Scotland is that they have rusted.

There is only one country on earth where the same 4.5 to 9 yards of worsted wool is a mans tent, his sleeping bag, his coat, and garment all at the same time. And for a while a legally valid reason to charge him with treason and shoot or hang him.

That is what it took to get some of them to wear pants. Never ask a Scottish family who wears the pants in the family. If the man is in what you think is a skirt he is in charge.

RE: Would you like to see Grimm go global? - speakeasy - 04-10-2015

If things go the highland way for storylines, let's not forget Scotland's great heros like Robert the Bruce, William Wallace (Braveheart), and Rob Roy as possible candidates for historical or modern day incarnations of Grimms. Smile

I don't know alot about the Wesen Council, but feel it would be necessary to achieve a cessation of hostilities (if not an actual alliance), between them and Nick because they will probably have to close ranks to face their common enemy, the Royals, somewhere down the line. Maybe there is an internal struggle for the loyalties of the Council taking place now, dunno, the hit contract on Nick seems to indicate so. But it would surprise me if they throw in with the families.