Grimm Forum

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Site)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Avatar (/Thread-Avatar)

Avatar - Wingleader09 - 03-29-2015

Tried uploading an avatar from my computer, but couldn't. Do I have to be a member longer in order to do this?

RE: Avatar - OtterMommy - 03-29-2015

(03-29-2015, 12:23 PM)Wingleader09 Wrote: Tried uploading an avatar from my computer, but couldn't. Do I have to be a member longer in order to do this?

I had trouble with that as well. I removed my FB photo and wanted to upload something else, but it wouldn't let me.

RE: Avatar - Lou - 03-30-2015

What you have to do is upload your avatar to a site.
I use imgur.com
then when you finish your massaging of your avatar (it has to be less than 125x125), you use the "BBC code" -- copy it and then go to our user CP page and paste it into the "avatar URL" box. You have to take out the " [img] "s.

RE: Avatar - busyizzy - 04-02-2015

(03-30-2015, 09:27 PM)Lou Wrote: What you have to do is upload your avatar to a site.
I use imgur.com
then when you finish your massaging of your avatar (it has to be less than 125x125), you use the "BBC code" -- copy it and then go to our user CP page and paste it into the "avatar URL" box. You have to take out the " [img] "s.

Lou...you always find the most episode-appropriate avatars. Smile

RE: Avatar - Lou - 04-02-2015

Thank you. I'm not sure if its worth the effort but I am getting really good at it.

RE: Avatar - DieKleineSchwester - 03-20-2016

(03-30-2015, 09:27 PM)Lou Wrote: What you have to do is upload your avatar to a site.
I use imgur.com

oh my gosh thank you soooo much. I was going nuts here. HeartBig Grin

RE: Avatar - vrm3 - 05-23-2016

I just tried to change my avatar by uploading a 3.39 kilobyte image of el Cucuy. This is the message I got:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'vrm3'
Other things to try:

Go to grimmforum.­com/­forum/­
Search grimmforum.com:

What did I do wrong?

RE: Avatar - SilentEcho - 05-23-2016

I use imgur.com

Thank you so much!!! I had no clue and did not want to ask.

RE: Avatar - vrm3 - 05-25-2016

I turned out that I had to switch browsers to get the avatar link accepted. Firefox just did not work, but Chrome did!