Grimm Forum
Juliette as a hexienbiest - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Juliette as a hexienbiest (/Thread-Juliette-as-a-hexienbiest)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - grimmfreak - 02-16-2015

sorry if I repeat anyone as I have not read all posts...
I am overjoyed with Juliette as a Hexenbeist so far. Seeing the fight with Adalind was awesome and I would love to see Nick come to terms with the change and Juliette be a more important part of the Grimm world.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Lou - 02-17-2015

I think Juliette is more of a cat person. And I don't know if Hexienbiests have "familiars", like regular witches do. Adalind had a cat. but I don't think she was very attached to it. Didn't she end up leaving it at Juliettes for a long time.

I think with their long hours a dog would be too much trubel. Although I have occasionally run into vets that have a dog and the dog comes to work with them.

On the other hand, maybe a guard dog would be a good idea. I've already lost track of the number of times un-invited people have gone into Nick and Juliette's house. My first thought was to a pit bull. although i'm not a fan of the breed. I've always had a soft spot for Back Up, the Mars Family dog. Also Harry Dresden had a dog (and a cat). His dog was a Chinese Temple Dog (not sure if they are fictional) but he was handy to have around.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Hexenadler - 02-17-2015

(02-17-2015, 01:20 PM)Lou Wrote: On the other hand, maybe a guard dog would be a good idea. I've already lost track of the number of times un-invited people have gone into Nick and Juliette's house. My first thought was to a pit bull. although i'm not a fan of the breed. I've always had a soft spot for Back Up, the Mars Family dog. Also Harry Dresden had a dog (and a cat). His dog was a Chinese Temple Dog (not sure if they are fictional) but he was handy to have around.

I guess a pit bull would be more practical if they wanted a decent guard dog. I'm just naturally biased towards basset hounds because A) I used to own one myself, and B) Smokey and the Bandit is one of my top five favorite movies of all time. Tongue

I find it's more tricky to give a cat a distinct personality in an ongoing TV show than a dog. Spot from Star Trek: The Next Generation was one of the few exceptions, but that had more to do with the comedy scenes he'd trigger with Data than anything Spot actually did himself.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - busyizzy - 02-17-2015

(02-17-2015, 01:38 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(02-17-2015, 01:20 PM)Lou Wrote: On the other hand, maybe a guard dog would be a good idea. I've already lost track of the number of times un-invited people have gone into Nick and Juliette's house. My first thought was to a pit bull. although i'm not a fan of the breed. I've always had a soft spot for Back Up, the Mars Family dog. Also Harry Dresden had a dog (and a cat). His dog was a Chinese Temple Dog (not sure if they are fictional) but he was handy to have around.

I guess a pit bull would be more practical if they wanted a decent guard dog. I'm just naturally biased towards basset hounds because A) I used to own one myself, and B) Smokey and the Bandit is one of my top five favorite movies of all time. Tongue

I find it's more tricky to give a cat a distinct personality in an ongoing TV show than a dog. Spot from Star Trek: The Next Generation was one of the few exceptions, but that had more to do with the comedy scenes he'd trigger with Data than anything Spot actually did himself.

Yeah, I originally thought of a more fierce breed as well, @Lou, when I finally suggested the blood hound. I figured since Henrietta could bespell her house and phone number, Juliette could do the same. Anything inside would then have some protection, and let's face it, Monroe needs a break occasionally from sniffing out the bad guys.

LOL@Hexenadler! Your reference to Smokey and the Bandit. That was one of my mom's favorite movies and I watched it on video with her a BAZILLION times. I loved Jerry Reed and his basset hound, Fred. Bahhwhoo!

As far as cats go, I agree they don't translate as well on TV as dogs although Adalind's cat, Magicke, had a very evil personality before Rosalee let it get hit by a car. I usually cringe when animals are killed on shows, but I laughed at that one. Magicke was more evil than Church in Stephen King's Pet Sematary IMHO.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Samsarilian - 02-17-2015

Sorry guys but unless you own a small 'unstable' dog or somehow mistreat it, keep it hungry or lonely like a junk yard dog, a guard dog acts more like an alarm system than something to actually deter visitors. Not that I would invade ones yard without 'proper' introductions but my dogs would come more nigh licking someone to death than biting.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - syscrash - 02-17-2015

mistreated animals make the worse guard animals. Are they extremely violent most likely. Will scar the heck out of people coming close. A guard is not a vicious dog. Take any well trained dog they are as gentle as they come until the need arises. I would take a trained dog in a fight over a violent fighting dog. training give the dog tact and skill on how to attack. This does not include a wild animal born to hunt to survive.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Samsarilian - 02-17-2015

(02-17-2015, 06:20 PM)syscrash Wrote: mistreated animals make the worse guard animals. Are they extremely violent most likely. Will scar the heck out of people coming close. A guard is not a vicious dog. Take any well trained dog they are as gentle as they come until the need arises. I would take a trained dog in a fight over a violent fighting dog. training give the dog tact and skill on how to attack. This does not include a wild animal born to hunt to survive.

read what i said about my dogs. I did not say they would not protect me if I were attacked. I said they would lick even a stranger to death. IE they are not aggressive and would not attack on their own. They would be useless at keeping someone out of my home if I were not already there. At the same time no one comes at my house that I do not have warning about if I am home. They do bark.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Hexenadler - 02-17-2015

(02-17-2015, 05:32 PM)busyizzy Wrote: LOL@Hexenadler! Your reference to Smokey and the Bandit. That was one of my mom's favorite movies and I watched it on video with her a BAZILLION times. I loved Jerry Reed and his basset hound, Fred. Bahhwhoo!

Bahhwhooooo!

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Monroe's Gal - 02-18-2015

(01-31-2015, 07:50 PM)Secret Keeper Wrote:
(01-31-2015, 03:20 PM)ftl Wrote: The storyline around it just seems silly. Juliette is acquiring superpowers, and somehow is acting like she's a helpless victim, instead of being one of the most powerful living beings in all of Portland!

However powerful she may be, this isn't something she asked for or wants. It's something that was done to her. That makes her a victim. And I think that's a lot of the reason for why I don't want her to stay that way. Sure, you can take something that was done to you and use it to make you strong, and I could accept it if she went that way. But taking something done to you and doing everything in your power to reverse it can also be strong. I also like there to be a strong woman character without special supernatural abilities, and Juliette has been that at least at times in the past.

I wonder how Juliette would have reacted differently if she had somehow already known how to control her new abilities when she discovered them.

Juliette was never my favorite character, I always thought her bland and boring and unnecessary. But turning her into a Hexienbiest is ridiculous! I hate this story line and every story line they've come up with for her, especially the year she was in a coma and the following year when she had amnesia. I want her back human, I want Nick to marry her and have little Grimms. (If they'd married in the first season, we could already have had a little tot of a Grimm walking around freaking people out.) She'd be much more interesting as a Mom trying to rein in and teach Grimm children. Sorta like Samantha and Bewitched, but still a much better plot line than previous ones.

Otherwise, kill her off, she's not worth the screen time!

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - busyizzy - 02-18-2015

Thanks for the clip, @Hexenadler! That was a trip down memory lane. I haven't watched that movie since before my mom passed away years ago. Love me some Fred. You're right, that could be a great choice for Nick and Juliette. I'd like to see a scene where the dog and Wu sort of have a moment eye to eye...just to see what Wu would say. LOL.

@ftl and @Monroe's Gal and @Secret Keeper
One reason to keep Juliette on the show is directly from Sean Renard's mouth. Without Juliette, there's no reason why Nick would necessarily stay in Portland. Since he has no family, he could work as a cop and be a Grimm anywhere. He'd only have to hook up the trailer and leave. We all know a bad break up is VERY often why someone leaves an area, and we also know that Nick really loves Juliette. He has proposed twice, stood by her with the whole Love Potion No. 9 series with Renard, and entertained keeping his regular human state after he lost his Grimmness...all for Juliette. For a lot of people, Juliette is kind of boring. While I don't necessarily agree with that assessment, I can see it. But to a cop who is also a Grimm, she probably looks like the calm in the eye of the storm. Just a thought...