Grimm Forum
Juliette as a hexienbiest - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Juliette as a hexienbiest (/Thread-Juliette-as-a-hexienbiest)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - syscrash - 07-05-2016

The first time Juliette said no she knew he was hiding a secret. The second time Juliette was not sure if she wanted to live the life of a Grimm. Nick and Juliette have said I love you to each other. Only Adalind has said it to Nick. I could not see Nick asking Adalind to marry him. I could see Adalind asking Nick. If the new Eve has no interest in reconnecting with Nick. An offer from Adalind would have a possibility for an answer of yes, because of Kelly. Any interest on Eve's part would prevent Nick from saying yes. Remember when Nick refers to his interest in Adalind he always qualifies it with "she is the mother of my son". The proof that Nick and Juliette have a closer connection is, more then once they have risked their lives for each other. Having Diana warning Nick is the only time Adalind has ever helped anyone. Twice Nick has held a dying Juliette.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - New Guy - 07-05-2016

(07-05-2016, 08:02 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Interesting post but question would this post work both ways other than the fact that Juliette and Nick were together for so long. With that said in a way Nick asked Juliette to marry him twice once flat out and once a hint, she said no so what has changed now for her to say yes? I can see both sides of Juliette or Adalind. Just a question.
Hello JS,
When Nick proposed, she was Juliette Silverton, DVM and they were in a relationship. She became Hexenette, threw her entire life (including Nick) in the dumper, and committed atrocious acts of violence. By the end of season 4 Nick directed the Scoobies to kill her on sight. In season 5 her corpse is turned into FrankenEve, an emotionless, automatonic killing machine. She made it clear to Nick that she has no regret or remorse for her heinous acts of violence and hatred. Hexenette permanently voided the "proposal." She is unacceptable as a human, let alone as Nick's wife.
New Guy

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - degrimm - 07-05-2016

why can't you guys use the whole concept and events to make assessments?? why take a particular scene or circumstance and build a case round that, u said all these up there, why wont such assessment or statement lead to conflict here?

New Guy has prided themselves at working to create a distorted view of the character. Take this statement "She became Hexenette, threw her entire life (including Nick) in the dumper". She never planed to become a hexenbiest. Why she became a hexenbiest was because of a selfless act that benefited only Nick and Monrosalee. The opinion about her hexenette actions being stated as an atrocious act depends on what you would do when you are pissed off. Some will just let it go. There are others that seek revenge. The bottom line Juliette agreed to take part in Nick getting his Grimm back to save Monrosale. When the consequence resulted in Juliette forever being changed. The ones who she sacrificed to help turned their back on her, while taking in the women who created the problem. Leaving Juliette with no where to go. Sure she could have just accepted being a hexenbiest and walked away. That she choose to retaliate against the ones that hurt her seems reasonable. Kelly may be Nicks mother. But to Juliette she is the one that brought Adalind to Juliette's door step. Gave Juliette no other option then to help Adalind. Then directly involved her in kidnapping Kelly. Which lead to her becoming a hexenbiest and a target for the Royals. Kelly brought Juliettes worst nightmare to Portland then injected her into her and Nicks life. Why would Juliette not want Kelly dead.

New Guy then goes into the FrankenEve accusations. Even though Eve and Meisner show the exact same amount of emotions and empathy for others. Trubel is as much a killing machine as Eve. Here is the difference. Eve is indifferent to killing. Trubel enjoys having the power. With Meisner it was part of the job. Imagine Trubel's temperament with Eve's power. I do have a question why didn't Eve eliminate station 5 like she did the factory. She took the guns at the spice shop why not at the station. The simple solution have Eve split from the group before the fight not after.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - irukandji - 07-05-2016

(07-05-2016, 08:02 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Interesting post but question would this post work both ways other than the fact that Juliette and Nick were together for so long. With that said in a way Nick asked Juliette to marry him twice once flat out and once a hint, she said no so what has changed now for her to say yes? I can see both sides of Juliette or Adalind. Just a question.

I have a question here, js. I understood Nick never asked Juliette to marry him a second time. The way he explained it, he was going to ask her to marry him but did not. How could Juliette say no to second proposal that never happened?

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Robyn - 07-05-2016

(07-05-2016, 02:29 PM)syscrash Wrote: New Guy has prided themselves at working to create a distorted view of the character. Take this statement "She became Hexenette, threw her entire life (including Nick) in the dumper". She never planed to become a hexenbiest. Why she became a hexenbiest was because of a selfless act that benefited only Nick and Monrosalee. The opinion about her hexenette actions being stated as an atrocious act depends on what you would do when you are pissed off. Some will just let it go. There are others that seek revenge. The bottom line Juliette agreed to take part in Nick getting his Grimm back to save Monrosale. When the consequence resulted in Juliette forever being changed. The ones who she sacrificed to help turned their back on her, while taking in the women who created the problem. Leaving Juliette with no where to go. Sure she could have just accepted being a hexenbiest and walked away. That she choose to retaliate against the ones that hurt her seems reasonable. Kelly may be Nicks mother. But to Juliette she is the one that brought Adalind to Juliette's door step. Gave Juliette no other option then to help Adalind. Then directly involved her in kidnapping Kelly. Which lead to her becoming a hexenbiest and a target for the Royals. Kelly brought Juliettes worst nightmare to Portland then injected her into her and Nicks life. Why would Juliette not want Kelly dead.

New Guy then goes into the FrankenEve accusations. Even though Eve and Meisner show the exact same amount of emotions and empathy for others. Trubel is as much a killing machine as Eve. Here is the difference. Eve is indifferent to killing. Trubel enjoys having the power. With Meisner it was part of the job. Imagine Trubel's temperament with Eve's power. I do have a question why didn't Eve eliminate station 5 like she did the factory. She took the guns at the spice shop why not at the station. The simple solution have Eve split from the group before the fight not after.
Thank you, syscrach. Very well put.

Short of reinventing the character again, Juliette has outgrown Nick. Is it realistic that after five plus years and all the crap that’s gone down, Juliette will now want to marry Nick? Can Nick handle Juliette being his equal rather than his helpmate? Actually, Juliette outweighs Nick in strategic, mental, and physical strengths. She’s now more akin to Kelly, and could easily go it alone without need of anyone to watch her back.

Quote:I have a question here, js. I understood Nick never asked Juliette to marry him a second time. The way he explained it, he was going to ask her to marry him but did not. How could Juliette say no to second proposal that never happened?
The first proposal was in season 1. The second was going to be in synchronicity but Adalind arrived and ruined that one. I the bed room getting ready for the wedding the idea of marriage came up. They had just got over the Adalind and Diana Issue, plus Trubel showed up. Juliette said lets just get through this wedding.

That make one actual proposal, on attempted proposal, and one discussion of marriage. IMO if Kelly with Adalind had waited ten more minutes. She would have said yes. Don't know if that would have changed any of the out comes.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - izzy - 07-05-2016

(07-05-2016, 05:57 PM)Robyn Wrote: Short of reinventing the character again, Juliette has outgrown Nick. Is it realistic that after five plus years and all the crap that’s gone down, Juliette will now want to marry Nick? Can Nick handle Juliette being his equal rather than his helpmate? Actually, Juliette outweighs Nick in strategic, mental, and physical strengths. She’s now more akin to Kelly, and could easily go it alone without need of anyone to watch her back.

You have it right, Juliette is far more powerful;l than Nick, smarter, and very strategic in her thinking. I am not sure why she would want to tie herself to him. I don't see her as his equal but his superior. I really don't see the attraction.

Because Nick was able to defer to Eve's expertise. I think the new Juliette would be able to be with Nick. I keep thinking back to wesenrein when Nick was dismissive of Juliette call. Even though she is the one that figured out about Acker. It just made no sense why Nick would not have thought Juliettes call would have been important. I always got the feeling Nick felt Juliette could not keep up. With Eve he is scared she is going to get him in over his head. Like in the restaurant. I notice when Eve is thinking things through Nick struggles to keep up. Like in the parking lot Nick had no idea the importance of the mailing label. Eve got it the minute she saw it.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - irukandji - 07-05-2016

(07-05-2016, 06:15 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:I have a question here, js. I understood Nick never asked Juliette to marry him a second time. The way he explained it, he was going to ask her to marry him but did not. How could Juliette say no to second proposal that never happened?
The first proposal was in season 1. The second was going to be in synchronicity but Adalind arrived and ruined that one. I the bed room getting ready for the wedding the idea of marriage came up. They had just got over the Adalind and Diana Issue, plus Trubel showed up. Juliette said lets just get through this wedding.

That make one actual proposal, on attempted proposal, and one discussion of marriage. IMO if Kelly with Adalind had waited ten more minutes. She would have said yes. Don't know if that would have changed any of the out comes.

It's not even an attempted proposal. All Nick said to Juliette is that he was going to propose to her when Kelly and Adalind showed up.

There actually would have been two discussion of marriage though. When Nick lost his Grimm powers and became normal, they apparently discussed moving away somewhere and raising children because Juliette told Monroe and Rosalee that Nick wasn't sure he wanted to be a Grimm.