Grimm Forum
Juliette as a hexienbiest - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Juliette as a hexienbiest (/Thread-Juliette-as-a-hexienbiest)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Grimm Brent - 01-31-2015

Is it not also possible that perhaps she had like a recessive gene for Hexienbiest and it was activated when she took the form of Adilind?

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - syscrash - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 09:40 PM)Grimm Brent Wrote: Is it not also possible that perhaps she had like a recessive gene for Hexienbiest and it was activated when she took the form of Adilind?
We know nothing of Juliette parents, she was raised by her grandmother. Who knows maybe Juliettes parents where being hunted and they cast a spell on Juliette to suppress the Hexenbiest in Juliette. Henrietta is suppose to deliver unexpected news. Maybe the news is Henrietta knows Juliettes parents.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Grimm Brent - 02-03-2015

(01-31-2015, 10:34 PM)syscrash Wrote:
(01-31-2015, 09:40 PM)Grimm Brent Wrote: Is it not also possible that perhaps she had like a recessive gene for Hexienbiest and it was activated when she took the form of Adilind?
We know nothing of Juliette parents, she was raised by her grandmother. Who knows maybe Juliettes parents where being hunted and they cast a spell on Juliette to suppress the Hexenbiest in Juliette. Henrietta is suppose to deliver unexpected news. Maybe the news is Henrietta knows Juliettes parents.

that is true and I can't wait for Fri to see what this episode will reveal.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - J73 - 02-03-2015

I can see why Juliette would get used to being a Hexenbiest, when she blows up the vehicle engine and puts a hole in that Blutbadens head, she looks to be thinking that it has its advantages. I think her character should see it as a huge advantage and to be taken advantage of, but if she is to lose the Hexenbiest powers, then I believe that Adalind will be a part of that.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - syscrash - 02-04-2015

My concern is Adalind got her powers because she signed the contract. Since Juliette got her powers because of Adalind. Could the news Henrietta has have to do with how Juliette is also tied to the contract.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - speakeasy - 02-04-2015

Wonder if Juliette has the mark of the hexenbiest under her tongue. If she doesn't maybe that has something to do with the condition being temporary or permanent. Surprised there isn't something about this in Nick's books.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - the-epic-prince - 02-04-2015

Personally I don't like it very much, I like the human under-dog compared to wesen she, Hank, and Wu have to overcome.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - busyizzy - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 11:55 AM)the-epic-prince Wrote: Personally I don't like it very much, I like the human under-dog compared to wesen she, Hank, and Wu have to overcome.

I don't like it either. I wavered between the first and the second option on the vote because I WOULD like her to kick Adalind's butt. This all happened because of Adalind so it would feel like Karma if Juliette used her Adalind-gained powers to inflict a little damage....if only to say...don't underestimate me in future you HexenbeeAtch.

Then I want Juliette to go back to normal because:
1. As someone mentioned, this was done TO her. She wasn't born this way...it's almost like a permanent scar from an assault and
2. While I don't view humans as underdogs in Grimm, I do think it is important to have strong human characters. I've noticed fantasy and sci-fi shows generally depict humans in one of two ways--amazingly weak and in need of help from those with special abilities/powers OR as amazingly angry and ignorant and seek to destroy (mobs) those they don't understand. That's a pretty narrow view of human beings in general and speaks to very divergent viewpoints (are there no shades of grey as in real life) and possibly even low self-esteem. People don't need to be beautiful, have a special ability, or amass great fortune to have authentic power and be able to make a difference in this world.

I was a bit disappointed that Nick couldn't solve simple cases when he lost his Grimmness. He was a cop for ten years before becoming a Grimm; even knowing about Wesen, he should be able to solve crimes without seeing them. That was the Grimm writers' fault. They just don't know what to do with humans on this show. I think it would behoove Wu to come up with some Wesen behavioral profiling. As mentioned on some other posts, Wesen do behave a certain way when they woge...probably because they are in a disturbed state of mind or emotion. This could help the humans and give them some leverage AS humans. After all, that's what REAL humans do, real law enforcement. They study behavior, discuss solutions, and create profiles.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Samsarilian - 02-04-2015

(02-03-2015, 08:39 PM)J73 Wrote: I can see why Juliette would get used to being a Hexenbiest, when she blows up the vehicle engine and puts a hole in that Blutbadens head, she looks to be thinking that it has its advantages. I think her character should see it as a huge advantage and to be taken advantage of, but if she is to lose the Hexenbiest powers, then I believe that Adalind will be a part of that.

This is what I would be afraid of. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Juliette has been such a nice person that the hexan in her can make her into something that simply beautiful (beauty is as beauty does) Juliette would never recognize or even want to be. Anyone when they gain power has a learning curve in how to deal with it but the moment they start to "take advantage" with that power they are starting down that road that can not be turned back from. Even if you lose the power later (especially if you lose the power) you will have to look yourself in the mirror and reconcile what you did with it.

Blowing the brains from a blutbad that wanted to hurt her is self defense. Blowing up the engine of an a**es car, who did not take the public good into consideration while driving is justice. If she goes further however?

I would like to see her remain a hexan beast as long as Nick is a grimm... The reason is a mismatch in power is not a good foundation for a relationship. Nick would keep her in balance and she would do the same for him at this point.

The problem with that started in S4E11 Death Do Us Part. I do not care that she thought to tell him when it first began. She did not. When she had the perfect opertunity after showing the captain she held it back from Nick. It will only get harder to tell him from this point on. But this is the same thing the writers of this show have done from the beginning. Make something simple hard, tell lies where truth is the best defense. I hate to admit it but I have become hooked on what is basically a soap opera.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - syscrash - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 12:53 PM)busyizzy Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 11:55 AM)the-epic-prince Wrote: Personally I don't like it very much, I like the human under-dog compared to wesen she, Hank, and Wu have to overcome.

I don't like it either. I wavered between the first and the second option on the vote because I WOULD like her to kick Adalind's butt. This all happened because of Adalind so it would feel like Karma if Juliette used her Adalind-gained powers to inflict a little damage....if only to say...don't underestimate me in future you HexenbeeAtch.

Then I want Juliette to go back to normal because:
1. As someone mentioned, this was done TO her. She wasn't born this way...it's almost like a permanent scar from an assault and
2. While I don't view humans as underdogs in Grimm, I do think it is important to have strong human characters. I've noticed fantasy and sci-fi shows generally depict humans in one of two ways--amazingly weak and in need of help from those with special abilities/powers OR as amazingly angry and ignorant and seek to destroy (mobs) those they don't understand. That's a pretty narrow view of human beings in general and speaks to very divergent viewpoints (are there no shades of grey as in real life) and possibly even low self-esteem. People don't need to be beautiful, have a special ability, or amass great fortune to have authentic power and be able to make a difference in this world.

I was a bit disappointed that Nick couldn't solve simple cases when he lost his Grimmness. He was a cop for ten years before becoming a Grimm; even knowing about Wesen, he should be able to solve crimes without seeing them. That was the Grimm writers' fault. They just don't know what to do with humans on this show. I think it would behoove Wu to come up with some Wesen behavioral profiling. As mentioned on some other posts, Wesen do behave a certain way when they woge...probably because they are in a disturbed state of mind or emotion. This could help the humans and give them some leverage AS humans. After all, that's what REAL humans do, real law enforcement. They study behavior, discuss solutions, and create profiles.
What being a Grimm does that allows Nick to solve cases is remove the unexplained. example you see a victim with strange markings. The killer could be standing right there. Not being able to see the killer is a wesen you could never tie the two together. Wu had the same problem when he was talking to the killer and thought it was the victim because he could not see they where wesen.

For the need to have strong humans in the show. even the strongest human is no match for a wesen. That is why the wesen have total confidence in allowing themselves to be disarmed. They know if they woge they can not be stopped. Plus as a human how can you fight something you can't see. example the wesen that had the long tongues (when nick got his grimm back). Until Nick was able to see the tongue he could not defend against the tongue. It would have been like fighting a ghost.

If Juliette is going to live in the wesen world she needs to be part of it. With the number of times their house has been a battle field Nick should be glad she has protection. Because of the constant attacks she asked Nick to learn how to shoot. The Tribunal showed the problem of depending on a gun against wesen.