Grimm Forum
Juliette as a hexienbiest - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Juliette as a hexienbiest (/Thread-Juliette-as-a-hexienbiest)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Juliette as a hexienbiest - Lou - 01-30-2015

So, to be upfront about it, I don't like Juliette as a Hexienbiest. And to be completely forthcoming, I have always been a fan and staunch defender of Juliette.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - syscrash - 01-30-2015

If they keep Juliette being a hexenbiest as a problem then it is going to get old really fast. If they keep Nick not taking her seriously when it comes to helping on cases it will get old. The only why Juliette being a hexenbiest works is if Nick and Juliette start working together like Monroe and Rosalee.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Schlangetoten - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 04:37 PM)syscrash Wrote: If they keep Juliette being a hexenbiest as a problem then it is going to get old really fast. If they keep Nick not taking her seriously when it comes to helping on cases it will get old. The only why Juliette being a hexenbiest works is if Nick and Juliette start working together like Monroe and Rosalee.

This.

I'm a major fan of Juliette being a perma-Biest, but only so long as she joins the Wesen community for-reals and starts kicking major ass.

"The ones that are made are more deadly than the ones that are born."

Goodbye, Adalind. It wasn't nice knowing you.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - speakeasy - 01-30-2015

I agree with Lou. I can't put it into words, but it has something to do with remaking her somehow; seems almost like a betrayal of the character. I like Hank just the way he is and I would have the very same response if it had happened to him. Both are very effective members of Nick's team. Juliette has initiative and gets things done on her own, and she has a very steadying influence on Nick. I believe that she is an invaluable source of strength and validation for the Grimm, and that her being an ordinary human is a big part of the reason why. (Plus 'regular' humans seem to complement the Wesen and Grimm group dynamic.)

All that said, if being a hexenbiest becomes a permanent thing for her, I'll learn to accept it. But I feel the same as busyizzy - if it is a temporary condition, please, please, please, let Juliette have her showdown with Adalind before it passes!

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - syscrash - 01-30-2015

The main reason I want Juliette to stay a hexenbist is because a team of Grimm and Hexenbiest is such a great combination. It is a combination that I would imagine never existed in the wesen community before. When a Blutbad and a Fuachsbau became a team it shocked the community. The looks when wesens find out they are up agains a Grimm and a Hexenbiest. I don't know which they would find more threatening.

I could see the scene the wesen woges "Your a Grimm" Juliette standing next to Nick woges "That not your problem".
or
A wesen confronts Juliette "Your the girl friend of the Grimm" and then woge. Juliette then woge "Big mistake"

You could have a scene where Nick, Sean, Monroe, Rosalee, Juliette, Hank and Wu comer a group of wesen. First Monroe woge then Rosale, Sean waits a minute then woge, Juliette look at the group then woges. With each woge Wu eyes get bigger and his level of amazement increases. The wesen looks at hank waiting for him to woge, he just waves his gun at them "this is my woge"

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - speakeasy - 01-31-2015

(01-30-2015, 08:04 PM)syscrash Wrote: The main reason I want Juliette to stay a hexenbist is because a team of Grimm and Hexenbiest is such a great combination.

I could see the scene the wesen woges "Your a Grimm" Juliette standing next to Nick woges "That not your problem".
or
A wesen confronts Juliette "Your the girl friend of the Grimm" and then woge. Juliette then woge "Big mistake"

Gotta admit there's alot of potential for comic relief in the situation - how about Juliette woging at a badguy wesen type and Nick wisecracking "She's a little two-faced, but I still love her". Big Grin

I'm still firmly in the thumbs-down camp for Hexenbiest J, but like I said, I'll come to terms with it if I have to. Smile

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Grimm Brent - 01-31-2015

I think Juliette is being stupid in her reaction to being Hexienbiest. I mean shows that she doesn't really trust Nick if she really thinks he'd react badly to it.. She could be a great asset to nick in this form... Remember the captains mother said to fight a hexienbiest like Adalind you need a hexienbiest like me... I think she may of made Juliette one to aid them in the fight though that is pure speculation right now.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - ftl - 01-31-2015

I'd like Juliette being a hexenbiest if she would just *own* it! The storyline around it just seems silly. Juliette is acquiring superpowers, and somehow is acting like she's a helpless victim, instead of being one of the most powerful living beings in all of Portland! (She probably couldn't beat Nick or Renard in a fight, but she might be the third-most-powerful person in Portland now!)

There could be a good storyline with Juliette trying to figure out how to control her new powers, figuring out where they came from, etc. But instead we get a story where she's hiding it from Nick, crying to Renard about it, and sneaking around to random powerful beings trying to be cured.

A hexenbiest should not be a damsel in distress, Julette is a badass, so why is Juliette-as-a-hexenbiest acting like a princess who needs to be rescued!

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - syscrash - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 03:20 PM)ftl Wrote: I'd like Juliette being a hexenbiest if she would just *own* it! The storyline around it just seems silly. Juliette is acquiring superpowers, and somehow is acting like she's a helpless victim, instead of being one of the most powerful living beings in all of Portland! (She probably couldn't beat Nick or Renard in a fight, but she might be the third-most-powerful person in Portland now!)

There could be a good storyline with Juliette trying to figure out how to control her new powers, figuring out where they came from, etc. But instead we get a story where she's hiding it from Nick, crying to Renard about it, and sneaking around to random powerful beings trying to be cured.

A hexenbiest should not be a damsel in distress, Julette is a badass, so why is Juliette-as-a-hexenbiest acting like a princess who needs to be rescued!
In juliettes defense she did her research in the trailer and went to meet Henrietta. Lets see what she does with this. A good indication is how she responds to the bounty hunter holding her hostage.

RE: Juliette as a hexienbiest - Secret Keeper - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 03:20 PM)ftl Wrote: The storyline around it just seems silly. Juliette is acquiring superpowers, and somehow is acting like she's a helpless victim, instead of being one of the most powerful living beings in all of Portland!

However powerful she may be, this isn't something she asked for or wants. It's something that was done to her. That makes her a victim. And I think that's a lot of the reason for why I don't want her to stay that way. Sure, you can take something that was done to you and use it to make you strong, and I could accept it if she went that way. But taking something done to you and doing everything in your power to reverse it can also be strong. I also like there to be a strong woman character without special supernatural abilities, and Juliette has been that at least at times in the past.

I wonder how Juliette would have reacted differently if she had somehow already known how to control her new abilities when she discovered them.