Grimm Forum
Coins of Zakynthos - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Coins of Zakynthos (/Thread-Coins-of-Zakynthos)

Coins of Zakynthos - FräuleinWunderlich - 05-05-2013

Okay, let´s talk about money...

Do you think the coins are even mor important to the show?
I can not help feeling that lies behind the coins perhaps more.
The story was told so fast. And we don´t see Kelly destory them yet.
And what would happen if someone get´s all the coins?

RE: Coins of Zakynthos - bookofknowledge - 05-06-2013

they'd have a big influence on people

RE: Coins of Zakynthos - Lou - 05-06-2013

This could make a nice poll.
These are my first ideas.
Add your own and when the ideas stop coming in I'll make it into a poll.

a. Kelly gets rid of the coins and returns to Portland - maybe to help with the keys.
b. Nick's mom (Kelly Burkhardt) gets rid of the coins but doesn't return to Portland.
c. we never find out what happens with the coins. we never see Kelly again
d. Kelly gets corrupted by the coins and things get complicated
e. The coins get stolen from Kelly and she goes off looking for them.

RE: Coins of Zakynthos - aguraakemi - 05-22-2013

(05-06-2013, 09:32 AM)Lou Wrote: This could make a nice poll.
These are my first ideas.
Add your own and when the ideas stop coming in I'll make it into a poll.

a. Kelly gets rid of the coins and returns to Portland - maybe to help with the keys.
b. Nick's mom (Kelly Burkhardt) gets rid of the coins but doesn't return to Portland.
c. we never find out what happens with the coins. we never see Kelly again
d. Kelly gets corrupted by the coins and things get complicated
e. The coins get stolen from Kelly and she goes off looking for them.

Nice theories! Yeah, I believe that in season 3, the coins along with Kelly will get some spotlight. Surprise us writers! Like how you always do Big Grin

RE: Coins of Zakynthos - wfmyers1207 - 08-28-2015

Well, this is a very old thread I have decided to revive. The question being: What the frack happened to the Coins! We know that Kelly didn't destroy them and now that she is dead no one knows where they are. It is very unlikely she would have trusted anyone with them which means she hid them somewhere.

The last place where we know Kelly had them was the town of Visnja Gora in Slovenia.

(Supposedly a quaint little medieval town of <1,000 people.)

So, that is our starting point. Could she have left a clue(s) behind for Nick? Kelly was pretty careful. Doesn't seem likely she wouldn't have a contingency plan just in case. Dodgy

Do the Forum members think that Nick and the crew will try to retrieve the Coins?

Will the hunt for the Coins become part of the hunt for the Hidden Whatever? Dodgy

Or, will this be one of those plot holes that the writers just gloss over and forget about? Sad

RE: Coins of Zakynthos - eric - 08-28-2015

I'll vote for gloss over and forget.

RE: Coins of Zakynthos - jsgrimm45 - 08-29-2015

(08-28-2015, 09:19 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Well, this is a very old thread I have decided to revive. The question being: What the frack happened to the Coins! We know that Kelly didn't destroy them and now that she is dead no one knows where they are. It is very unlikely she would have trusted anyone with them which means she hid them somewhere.

The last place where we know Kelly had them was the town of Visnja Gora in Slovenia.

So, that is our starting point. Could she have left a clue(s) behind for Nick? Kelly was pretty careful. Doesn't seem likely she wouldn't have a contingency plan just in case. Dodgy

Do the Forum members think that Nick and the crew will try to retrieve the Coins?

Will the hunt for the Coins become part of the hunt for the Hidden Whatever? Dodgy

Or, will this be one of those plot holes that the writers just gloss over and forget about? Sad
Agree the coins will have to come back into play they make to big of deal out of them to drop. Agree also that Kelly would have make plans one someone another Grimm to destroy the coins or hidden them with this person to get word to Nick in not back in a time frame.

Don't think she would have use a safety deposit box so has to be something only a Grimm can do.

Besides we still don't know who sold them out the trail looks cold but bet 2 cents see something showing up that restarts the trail and Nick has to do this for his mom. Maybe not in season 5 could be the season 6.

Question I think you asked are the coins and keys connected? Still thinking on that question?

RE: Coins of Zakynthos - wfmyers1207 - 08-29-2015

(08-29-2015, 04:13 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 09:19 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Well, this is a very old thread I have decided to revive. The question being: What the frack happened to the Coins! We know that Kelly didn't destroy them and now that she is dead no one knows where they are. It is very unlikely she would have trusted anyone with them which means she hid them somewhere.

Agree the coins will have to come back into play they make to big of deal out of them to drop. Agree also that Kelly would have make plans one someone another Grimm to destroy the coins or hidden them with this person to get word to Nick in not back in a time frame.

Don't think she would have use a safety deposit box so has to be something only a Grimm can do.

Besides we still don't know who sold them out the trail looks cold but bet 2 cents see something showing up that restarts the trail and Nick has to do this for his mom. Maybe not in season 5 could be the season 6.

Question I think you asked are the coins and keys connected? Still thinking on that question?

As a matter of fact, I am still thinking about a connection between the coins and the keys. Don't quite have it figured out yet. One idea that someone came up with after season 2 was that the Hidden Whatever are the other 14 long lost coins. Don't know if I like that idea very much though, I think the HW should be something different. Dodgy

RE: Coins of Zakynthos - jsgrimm45 - 08-29-2015

(08-29-2015, 06:35 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 04:13 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

As a matter of fact, I am still thinking about a connection between the coins and the keys. Don't quite have it figured out yet. One idea that someone came up with after season 2 was that the Hidden Whatever are the other 14 long lost coins. Don't know if I like that idea very much though, I think the HW should be something different. Dodgy
I'd have go back an watch I was thinking the doc from Wild Bill D. said there were 10 coins 7 were thought lost or destroyed. Then you have 7 keys and 7 coins. I'll have to watch again to be sure but if it is 7 and 7 then likely they do match up someway. Like you I can not think of a way to link them or for a reason.

RE: Coins of Zakynthos - jsgrimm45 - 08-31-2015

A way to link the coin and the keys. The item that they hide had two components the coins and the key. The coins are the ward lock you have to put the coin in a slot then the key will work to open the lock, or after you open the ward lock with the key the coins completes a circuit that's why the have the mercury in the coin. The 7 coin are not destroyed but with the item.

They make 3 extra as to have people chasing their tails.

Just a thought yours?