Grimm Forum
What's with the play by play! - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What's with the play by play! (/Thread-What-s-with-the-play-by-play)

What's with the play by play! - raebaybee - 12-12-2014

The episode tonight was the first I have seen this season on NBC. I usually do streaming media, which means I always see the show a day or two after they have aired.
This women's voice giving a play by play was very distracting, made me feel like I was listening to a "Audio Book".

Am I wrong, does anyone feel the same?

RE: What's with the play by play! - Secret Keeper - 12-13-2014

Play by play? Like through the whole show? I didn't hear anything like that. Of course, this was my second time this season streaming instead of watching when it aired (I had a party last night), but I don't remember that ever happening.

RE: What's with the play by play! - Gaultheria - 12-13-2014

I think your TV audio is set to "Descriptive Video Service". It's commentary for visually impaired people.

RE: What's with the play by play! - raebaybee - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 04:23 PM)Secret Keeper Wrote: Play by play? Like through the whole show? I didn't hear anything like that. Of course, this was my second time this season streaming instead of watching when it aired (I had a party last night), but I don't remember that ever happening.

Secret Keeper;
Yes the play by play was like color commentary ie; "She shook her head as she turned to look him in the eyes" and this was all in a very pleasent female voice. Yes it was thru the whole show, my wife left the room just before the first commercial, saying "this too irritating I am going to bead.
Today I went to Hulu and was able to stream last nights episode, I was interested in seeing if it also had this oddity. As you saw the stream'd version does not.

RE: What's with the play by play! - raebaybee - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 05:20 PM)Gaultheria Wrote: I think your TV audio is set to "Descriptive Video Service". It's commentary for visually impaired people.

Gaultheria;
That was the first thing I thought of so during the program I went to my TV's menu to look and see if anything had changed, it had not!
Besides if that had been the case it stands to reason that the very next program "Constantine" would produce the same "play by play" but it did not.
This only occurred while watching "Grimm". I can't believe that I was the only one this happened to, because I know it wasn't my TV.
At this point I need to hear from others that experienced this so that I know I'm not going crazy.

RE: What's with the play by play! - wfmyers1207 - 12-14-2014

(12-13-2014, 10:12 PM)raebaybee Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 05:20 PM)Gaultheria Wrote: I think your TV audio is set to "Descriptive Video Service". It's commentary for visually impaired people.

Gaultheria;
That was the first thing I thought of so during the program I went to my TV's menu to look and see if anything had changed, it had not!
Besides if that had been the case it stands to reason that the very next program "Constantine" would produce the same "play by play" but it did not.
This only occurred while watching "Grimm". I can't believe that I was the only one this happened to, because I know it wasn't my TV.
At this point I need to hear from others that experienced this so that I know I'm not going crazy.

I watched the episode on NBC Friday and experienced no such thing. Did you watch the show broadcast, cable or sat dish? It may have been just a glitch at your local station or thru your cable provider. We had no prob with broadcast here in Cincinnati, no commentary heard at all.

RE: What's with the play by play! - raebaybee - 12-14-2014

(12-14-2014, 11:34 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 10:12 PM)raebaybee Wrote:

Gaultheria;

I watched the episode on NBC Friday and experienced no such thing. Did you watch the show broadcast, cable or sat dish? It may have been just a glitch at your local station or thru your cable provider. We had no prob with broadcast here in Cincinnati, no commentary heard at all.

Thanx, my broadcast was cable, Suddernlink. We'll I guess it could have been a glitch through my provider. Again thanx for your input.