Grimm Forum
Howdy From the Southeast! - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Community)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Introductions)
+--- Thread: Howdy From the Southeast! (/Thread-Howdy-From-the-Southeast)

Pages: 1 2

Howdy From the Southeast! - busyizzy - 11-09-2014

Hi All,
Was watching Grimm S4, E4 again late last night and had all these questions running through my head. I thought--this is such a creative, fun show--I can't be the only one thinking about it. After a brief search, I found this forum and decided to join.

I haven't joined a forum since watching Fringe and trying to figure out the glyphs. But I really enjoyed sharing with those who liked that show and wanted to experience such a community again.

I already responded to someone else's post; it was how I found this forum. But I wanted to introduce myself here as well. Thanks to those of you who already welcomed me.

Q: Can someone tell me how to change my avatar? I get a message saying I'm not allowed to when I try.

Thanks all!

RE: Howdy From the Southeast! - Gretel Hanselsister - 11-09-2014

I'm glad you found us! Smile

(11-09-2014, 12:35 PM)busyizzy Wrote: Q: Can someone tell me how to change my avatar? I get a message saying I'm not allowed to when I try.
I wasn't aware there is a problem, did you follow this?
"The maximum dimensions for avatars are: 125x125 pixels.
The maximum file size for avatars is 30 KB."

RE: Howdy From the Southeast! - Grimmster123 - 11-09-2014

Hey busyizzy!
I welcomed you in my thread which you posted in but I wanted to welcome you here as well. Although you disagreed with some of my points you did it in a respectful way and I respect that so welcome! I think that it's always great to find new people to discuss the show with and I'm sure I speak for the entire forum when I say that we look forward to getting to meet you and we look forward to discussing the show with you!! Smile

RE: Howdy From the Southeast! - speakeasy - 11-09-2014

Welcome to the forum, busyizzy!

RE: Howdy From the Southeast! - busyizzy - 11-09-2014

(11-09-2014, 12:48 PM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: I'm glad you found us! Smile

(11-09-2014, 12:35 PM)busyizzy Wrote: Q: Can someone tell me how to change my avatar? I get a message saying I'm not allowed to when I try.
I wasn't aware there is a problem, did you follow this?
"The maximum dimensions for avatars are: 125x125 pixels.
The maximum file size for avatars is 30 KB."

It may have been a bit larger than the above so thanks for the clarification. The error message I received didn't mention my pic at all...just said I may be on restriction due to what I've posted or may be in an area I didn't have access. I thought, I've only posted twice, what did I say? LOL. Thanks for this! I'll adjust the pic and try again.

Thanks, Grimmster123. I appreciate the second welcome as much as the first. I always try to be respectful, ESPECIALLY when I disagree with someone. If a forum thread turns into a dumping ground, we all lose.

Have a great day!
Iz

Thanks very much, Speakeasy! The forum seems quite engaged. I can't wait to discuss Grimm and future episodes with everyone.

Have a fun day!
Iz

RE: Howdy From the Southeast! - Altered Realtity - 11-09-2014

Welcome @busyizzy. It's always nice to talk with like minded folk, thank goodness for forums like these. I don't know anyone IRL who's watching this show (or pretty much anything I watch).

RE: Howdy From the Southeast! - Lou - 11-09-2014

Hi, I welcome you, too.
Here is the info that GrimmForum sent me when I asked him about avatars
" Uploading avatars is disabled for all users now. You can use an Avatar URL by uploading the image to a 3rd party site like http://imgur.com and then you can copy and paste the URL of the image."

It sort of makes sense to me. but I haven't tried it yet.

RE: Howdy From the Southeast! - busyizzy - 11-09-2014

(11-09-2014, 01:46 PM)Altered Realtity Wrote: Welcome @busyizzy. It's always nice to talk with like minded folk, thank goodness for forums like these. I don't know anyone IRL who's watching this show (or pretty much anything I watch).

Thanks AR. Yes, it is nice to chat with like-minded folk. I'm with you. I have one friend in another state who is watching Grimm...my other fam and friends follow other types of shows.

(11-09-2014, 06:54 PM)Lou Wrote: Hi, I welcome you, too.
Here is the info that GrimmForum sent me when I asked him about avatars
" Uploading avatars is disabled for all users now. You can use an Avatar URL by uploading the image to a 3rd party site like http://imgur.com and then you can copy and paste the URL of the image."

It sort of makes sense to me. but I haven't tried it yet.

Ahhh...thanks Lou. I appreciate the feedback. Not sure I want to sign up for a service I don't want/need just to change an avatar, but at least I know what's what now.

RE: Howdy From the Southeast! - Lou - 11-09-2014

(11-09-2014, 10:11 PM)busyizzy Wrote: Ahhh...thanks Lou. I appreciate the feedback. Not sure I want to sign up for a service I don't want/need just to change an avatar, but at least I know what's what now.

It took me a few minutes and some trial and error to figure it out. but i thought it was worth it. I probably won't change it too often. but since next week's monster is a golem.....

RE: Howdy From the Southeast! - the-epic-prince - 11-11-2014

hello and welcome!