Grimm Forum
S02E15 - Mr. Sandman - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Rewatches (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Rewatches)
+----- Forum: Season 2 Rewatch (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-2-Rewatch)
+----- Thread: S02E15 - Mr. Sandman (/Thread-S02E15-Mr-Sandman)

S02E15 - Mr. Sandman - Gretel Hanselsister - 09-04-2014

Season 2 Episode 15
Mr. Sandman

[Image: 215vcs6o.jpg]

Air Date: March 22, 2013

Synopsis: When a mysterious case of sudden blindness causes a woman’s death, Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) come across a disturbing Wesen that feeds off its victim’s tears. Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) contemplates the significance of her new situation, while Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) continues to work with Rosalee (Bree Turner) in an effort to fix her memory. Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz and Reggie Lee also star. Guest stars: Sharon Sachs as Medical Examiner Harper, Kieren Hutchison as Andre/Jinnamuru Xunte, Megan Henning as Molly Fisk, Suzanne Tufan as Kelly, Jenny Wade as Casey.

RE: S02E15 - Mr. Sandman - wfmyers1207 - 09-05-2014

In the end I gave this episode only a sorta OK rating. The wesen bad guy was a pretty nasty and evil character, but also a little too gross for my taste.

One of the good points was the crew beginning to get an idea about who Renard is and that he may be working his own agenda.

Adalind meets Frau Pech for the first time and we find out a Royal child is worth a lot to some people. (But why would a Royal child be worth so much? Dodgy I'm going to post about this over in the Royal's thread.)

A couple of the reasons I didn't really enjoy this episode is this is the point where, watching the show first time around, I really thought the Juliette amnesia story line was getting very old and the show needed to move on. Didn't think much of the main plot line either. Story just didn't do much for me.

An interesting point was Nick's super hearing. Was it a result of the parasite infection or did he always have it as a grimm? Being blinded may just have brought it out. Humans are very visually oriented critters and he simply may not have realized it before. After all, his abilities are still pretty new to him at this point.

RE: S02E15 - Mr. Sandman - pale boy - 09-05-2014

One of this season's most memorable (and disturbing) episodes if just for the wesen that shows up here. Although it does bother me that
Spoiler :
Nick's super hearing is kind of just dropped as a thing.

RE: S02E15 - Mr. Sandman - the-epic-prince - 09-06-2014

The episode was just so gory. And I loved it. Nick's hearing did bother me too though.

RE: S02E15 - Mr. Sandman - speakeasy - 09-06-2014

Didn't care for this episode too much. Who doesn't hate flies. But Kelly and Casey's house was so beautiful; almost as pretty as Juliette and Nick's. And that sure was a gorgeous classic Caddie Andre was driving, maybe because that's when the song "Mr. Sandman" was popular.

Well, seeing Frau Pech for the first time reminds me that Adalind entered into that bloody-hand contract with Stefania which resulted in the killing of the Frau and Adalind has completely reneged on it - there may be some payback in her future.

What was up with that scene of Renard's nightmare; it didn't seem to have anything to do with anything. Big Grin

Seeing the after affects of the antidote Juliette took to rid her of her obsession made me wonder why Juliette had some of Nick's blood in her mixture, but it was not added to the Captain's. Probably some wesen thing, seems we had some discussion about it before. Just came to me, it's because a Grimm's blood would have taken away Renard's powers.

RE: S02E15 - Mr. Sandman - Starfury - 09-07-2014

(09-06-2014, 08:47 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Didn't care for this episode too much. Who doesn't hate flies. But Kelly and Casey's house was so beautiful; almost as pretty as Juliette and Nick's. And that sure was a gorgeous classic Caddie Andre was driving, maybe because that's when the song "Mr. Sandman" was popular.

Well, seeing Frau Pech for the first time reminds me that Adalind entered into that bloody-hand contract with Stefania which resulted in the killing of the Frau and Adalind has completely reneged on it - there may be some payback in her future.

What was up with that scene of Renard's nightmare; it didn't seem to have anything to do with anything. Big Grin

Seeing the after affects of the antidote Juliette took to rid her of her obsession made me wonder why Juliette had some of Nick's blood in her mixture, but it was not added to the Captain's. Probably some wesen thing, seems we had some discussion about it before. Just came to me, it's because a Grimm's blood would have taken away Renard's powers.

I have to agree who doesn't find flies both irritating and disgusting when viewed up close. No possibility of anthropomorphizing this characters.

So was both disgusted and happy with this particular wesen having his eye scooped out and used as a medicinal compress (the thought of the baby bug still makes me shiver), and it getting taken out finally by the sister of one of its victims was a nice touch.

But as others have also commented on, the super hearing being shown and then effectively being forgotten really grates. The show runner really needs to be more definitive in how a Grimm is powered, what is revealed and then consistently used otherwise you end up with a lot of dissatisfied fans who can only point to the failing of the show runners for allowing inconsistent characterization to spoil the show.