Grimm Forum
What would you like to see in future episodes of Grimm? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What would you like to see in future episodes of Grimm? (/Thread-What-would-you-like-to-see-in-future-episodes-of-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3

What would you like to see in future episodes of Grimm? - GrimmForum - 08-14-2014

With more seasons of Grimm ahead of us, it'd be interesting to find out what you'd like to see in future episodes of Grimm.

I was originally going to post this song to the "Song of the Moment" thread, but after watching the music video, it made me think about Grimm because the toddler is seeing monsters that others aren't able to see. Music video in the spoiler brackets below:

Spoiler :

I thought how traumatizing it would be for a child if they started seeing Wesen at a really young age. And it gave me the idea that it'd be interesting to explore how young one has to be to develop their Grimm powers. I can imagine a "Big Bad" or "Major Baddie" in one of the future seasons where it's a Grimm itself, who, because of starting to see Wesen at such a young age, it'd affected their persona and desire in wanting to eradicate all Wesen, more-so than a conventional Grimm.

Any ideas on what you'd like to see in future episodes?

RE: What would you like to see in future episodes of Grimm? - Elkhound - 08-15-2014

Aren't we seeing a bit of this with Trubel? She started seeing things when she was quite young. (And Kelly did say that girls tend to develop it younger than boys.)

RE: What would you like to see in future episodes of Grimm? - Starfury - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 05:56 AM)Elkhound Wrote: Aren't we seeing a bit of this with Trubel? She started seeing things when she was quite young. (And Kelly did say that girls tend to develop it younger than boys.)

You are right, however I think Elkhound perhaps wants a much more extreme reaction to the issue. Whilst Trubel and to a lesser extent Nick, have suffered from the trauma of seeing Wesen with zero contextual understanding they appear to have dealt with the issue and basically managed to integrate it into their world view without pushing them off the deep end.

Now say you have an orphan Grimm who happens to have manifested its powers at a very young age, imagine what would happen to this child. I guarantee you the child would have been in and out secure psychiatric units. And suppose unlike Trubel the trauma is so scarring that the child develops some form of severe psychosis, with a need to destroy any last vestage of Wesen from his/hers vicinity. Imagine that let loose in Portland, Wesen central USA, I'm pretty sure a bloodbath would ensue. Now dependent on how you want to write the character, you could do a rooftop sniper kind of scenario (use Providence Park as the location for the final showdown, lots of potential victims and lots of vantage points for a sniper), or a more methodical serial killer type (we could go all criminal minds and have a Wesen within the FBI BAU visit Nick at the PPD), I can't imagine a frenzied killer type as working as you could not make appropriate allowances as a viewer for her continued freedom Tongue

RE: What would you like to see in future episodes of Grimm? - GrimmForum - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 05:56 AM)Elkhound Wrote: Aren't we seeing a bit of this with Trubel? She started seeing things when she was quite young. (And Kelly did say that girls tend to develop it younger than boys.)

From what I understand, they never revealed how old Trubel was when she started seeing Wesen, but my impression was that it was High School, or maybe Middle School. At least, she was old enough to defend herself with a screwdriver.

In my OP, I was mentioning more of a scenario similar to the Music Video, where a toddler in a crib starts seeing Wesen. As many say, those first few years of childhood have the biggest impact on a person's life.

RE: What would you like to see in future episodes of Grimm? - Starfury - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 09:27 AM)GrimmForum Wrote:

From what I understand, they never revealed how old Trubel was when she started seeing Wesen, but my impression was that it was High School, or maybe Middle School. At least, she was old enough to defend herself with a screwdriver.

In my OP, I was mentioning more of a scenario similar to the Music Video, where a toddler in a crib starts seeing Wesen. As many say, those first few years of childhood have the biggest impact on a person's life.

You're absolutely right, and the time most likely to induce the psychosis that is likely to lead to the scenario being suggested. There is clear population based statistical evidence for a link between the two and having known a couple of people who shall we say had unfortunate incidents occur to them at a young age my anecdotal evidence agrees with with the evidence. The people I knew were receiving treatment and were responding positively. However, if you refused or were unable to receive treatment the prognosis to say the least would not be good and could spiral into one of several very unfortunate mental conditions, some of which are violent. So couple this with Grimm powers we have a very unstable mixture, likely to explode at any time.

RE: What would you like to see in future episodes of Grimm? - wfmyers1207 - 08-15-2014

@ Starfury and Elkhound. While the idea of a psychotic Grimm is OK, I would prefer to see an evil grimm who is a more coldly calculating, amoral SOB. Someone who is perhaps an extortionist and professional killer. Willing to hire out to anyone, including the Royals and other wesen, who may have an inconvenient wesen problem.

Other things I would like to see are:
1) Juliette dead and Nick hooked up with another lady who is truly on board for the whole Grimm gig. Tongue
2) Victor dead. The guy is to stupid to live. Darwin's Theory in practice.Big Grin
3) Renard turning evil and becoming the new crown prince with Adalind and LBB making one happy little evil royal family.Tongue
4) Wu turns evil because he thinks everyone betrayed him and left him to think he was going insane. He becomes Renard's minion and new head of the werrat. Big Grin
5) Monroe and Rosalee's first born is a freaky little wesen mutant that may be every bit as dangerous as LBB. Tongue
6) Bud and Valentina Espinoza have a steamy affair. Big Grin
7) The Drang Zurn girl from S2 escapes juvie and massacres half of Portland. Tongue
8) Kelly uses the coins to become empress. Big Grin
9) Truble quits being a grimm and forms her own metal band called Freaks Among Us. Tongue
10) Nick gets hold of all the keys, finds the hidden whatever, and uses its power to assassinate Kelly and becomes emperor. Big Grin

More to come!!

(08-15-2014, 11:56 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: 1) Juliette dead and Nick hooked up with another lady who is truly on board for the whole Grimm gig.
2) Victor dead. The guy is to stupid to live. Darwin's Theory in practice.Big Grin
3) Renard turning evil and becoming the new crown prince with Adalind and LBB making one happy little evil royal family.Tongue
4) Wu turns evil because he thinks everyone betrayed him and left him to think he was going insane. He becomes Renard's minion and new head of the werrat. Big Grin
5) Monroe and Rosalee's first born is a freaky little wesen mutant that may be every bit as dangerous as LBB. Tongue
6) Bud and Valentina Espinoza have a steamy affair. Big Grin
7) The Drang Zurn girl from S2 escapes juvie and massacres half of Portland. Tongue
8) Kelly uses the coins to become empress. Big Grin
9) Truble quits being a grimm and forms her own metal band called Freaks Among Us.
10) Nick gets hold of all the keys, finds the hidden whatever, and uses its power to assassinate Kelly and become emperor.

wfmyers1207 what are you on and can I have some too please Big Grin

There I was being all serious and you come along and puncture my pomposity, touché good sir, a point acknowledged Smile.

RE: What would you like to see in future episodes of Grimm? - wfmyers1207 - 08-15-2014

Was not my intention to puncture anyone. Just in a whimsical mood today. Tongue

The first part was serious though, would really like to see a truly evil nasty ass grimm on the show.

I assure you I am merely high on life! Ha! Tongue

(08-15-2014, 12:09 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Was not my intention to puncture anyone. Just in a whimsical mood today. Tongue

The first part was serious though, would really like to see a truly evil nasty ass grimm on the show.

I assure you I am merely high on life! Ha! Tongue

Come now sir, one must always take every opportunity to stick it to the other guy, if only for a laugh Big Grin

But I agree a truly ruthless, mercenary Grimm with zero compunction to killing pretty much anybody for gain seems like an interesting tack to take.

I also agree with killing Juliette but I think we are both on the same page regarding her character.

I would like to see a serial killer of Wesen, who is actually human, how they can tell a Wesen from a normal would be an interesting plot development for the show I think and give Nick and gang pause in how they deal with the killer.

RE: What would you like to see in future episodes of Grimm? - Elkhound - 08-15-2014

(08-15-2014, 09:27 AM)GrimmForum Wrote: In my OP, I was mentioning more of a scenario similar to the Music Video, where a toddler in a crib starts seeing Wesen. As many say, those first few years of childhood have the biggest impact on a person's life.

Depending on how young the child is, and what the Wesen in question do, s/he might simply think it normal, and not realize until much later that other people can't see it. Much like a child with some other sensory enhancement, like synesthesia or perfect pitch, might not realize that other people can't see colors or know that the door to the bedroom squeaks at E-flat.

(I had a friend in college who was synesthesiac, and a music student. She told me that different harmonies had different colors for her; B-flat major was magenta to her, for example.)