Grimm Forum
Elementary [Megathread] - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Shows (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Shows)
+--- Thread: Elementary [Megathread] (/Thread-Elementary-Megathread)

Pages: 1 2 3

Elementary [Megathread] - GrimmForum - 07-29-2014

This'll be the general discussion thread for Elementary.

There aren't any Season 3 promos yet. The most recent video they have is a recap video, it'll be filled with spoilers, but might be good for those that want to be caught up in time for Season 3.

Spoiler :

RE: Elementary General Discussion thread - pale boy - 07-31-2014

Series is returning October 30. Big Grin There is also going to be a couple of new characters, one of whom is

Spoiler :
Sherlock's new protege?! No, Sherlock, bad Sherlock. Where is Joan?

This season should be very interesting after the shifting dynamics of Season 2.

RE: Elementary General Discussion thread - MANTItotheCore - 04-20-2017

Just curious, is anyone watching Elementary?

I know it's difficult to catch since CBS keeps jerking it around so much.

RE: Elementary General Discussion thread - MarylikesGrimm - 04-20-2017

(04-20-2017, 04:46 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: Just curious, is anyone watching Elementary?

I know it's difficult to catch since CBS keeps jerking it around so much.

Yes, I am and I am taping an extra hour too.

RE: Elementary General Discussion thread - thecdn - 04-20-2017

I really enjoy the interaction between Holmes and Watson on this show. They are a great team. And more Ophelia Lovibond!

RE: Elementary General Discussion thread - MarylikesGrimm - 04-21-2017

(04-20-2017, 06:27 PM)thecdn Wrote: I really enjoy the interaction between Holmes and Watson on this show. They are a great team. And more Ophelia Lovibond!

The show uses the real New York neighborhoods with a mixture of different kinds of people. That makes the show more real to me than many crime shows that pretend to be real but show a fake reality.

RE: Elementary General Discussion thread - thecdn - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 01:10 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: The show uses the real New York neighborhoods with a mixture of different kinds of people. That makes the show more real to me than many crime shows that pretend to be real but show a fake reality.

That's great and all but I really wish more American shows would be set somewhere other than New York. It's really not the center of the universe.

(04-21-2017, 05:18 AM)thecdn Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 01:10 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: The show uses the real New York neighborhoods with a mixture of different kinds of people. That makes the show more real to me than many crime shows that pretend to be real but show a fake reality.

That's great and all but I really wish more American shows would be set somewhere other than New York. It's really not the center of the universe.

Many shows are not set in New York but are set in a pretend New York and I wish they got rid of those. Chicago and LA seem to a lot of shows too. I do not know if they are fake.

I am fine with less shows in New York or other big cities but if you are going to have a show there the show should actually be there. Often Canada is used as New York to save money so why not have the story in Canada?

I do not understand why Criminal Minds goes to big cities since small police forces benefit from their help the most.

RE: Elementary General Discussion thread - thecdn - 04-21-2017

(04-21-2017, 06:03 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Many shows are not set in New York but are set in a pretend New York and I wish they got rid of those.

I know, I included those in my generic 'set in New York' statement. As a Canadian I know how many shows are filmed in Vancouver and Toronto then 'set' in a US city because it's believed Americans wouldn't be accepting of a show set in a foreign country.

(04-21-2017, 06:36 AM)thecdn Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 06:03 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Many shows are not set in New York but are set in a pretend New York and I wish they got rid of those.

I know, I included those in my generic 'set in New York' statement. As a Canadian I know how many shows are filmed in Vancouver and Toronto then 'set' in a US city because it's believed Americans wouldn't be accepting of a show set in a foreign country.

IMO that makes no sense since Canada has a huge border with the US so much of US is closer to Canada than parts of the US. Many Americans drive to Canada but fly to most of the US.