Grimm Forum
*Translation* German TV (RTL) report including Damien Puckler - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Cast & Crew (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Cast-Crew)
+--- Thread: *Translation* German TV (RTL) report including Damien Puckler (/Thread-Translation-German-TV-RTL-report-including-Damien-Puckler)

*Translation* German TV (RTL) report including Damien Puckler - Hyndara - 07-13-2014

First of all, I want to apologize for every flaw in this translation - blame me. But I hope you will get the intention out of it.

Thanks again to Gretel Hanselsister for transcripting!

Hollywood is like honey for bears for German actors. Those made it there, have to work hard. Damien Puckler, born and raised in Frankfurt, was close to quit his life in LA. But only close, before he went to audition and put off his shirt.

Exactly these muscles, this body and this scene are which make the difference and THE breakthru for the 42 years old Hessian. "For the carreer this is a blast", For two years Puckler is now working on "Grimm". Back in 2012 he was casted for the role of Martin Meisner, but he had to work extremely hard for this job. "It's like winning the lottery. You have to be on the right time at the right place with the right people. Nothing but luck."

For seven years Puckler is dreaming now to become a Hollywood-actor. But Damien has to do daytime-jobs to survive. And in the end he ended as a personal trainer instead of acting. During economy crisis then he also lost there a lot of clients. "I had to live in my car for two or three months. Luckily I could continue my workout at the gym of a friend, where I also could use the shower. But I always tried to keep it as normal as possible. Okay, you keep thinking. Does it worth it at all?"

But he never gave up, went to castings and tried to get a foothold in movie-business. Showing us the trailer where he lived for three years he explains: "It was a really antique trailer, built in the 1950th or so. A lot of rodents also lived with me like snakes, rats and spiders. When it started to rain, everything soaked because the roof was damaged."

LA and Hollywood seemed to ignore Damien, teasing him with the glamour he wanted but never give it to him. So he really wanted to give up. But then everything changes the moment he goes to the audition for the new show "Grimm". An audition which will put his life upside down. "The role was concipated as a really small one," Damien remembered. "Two or three small scenes, nothing big, most likely no text. But then the script grew and with it my role, giving me more space to settle the character. It was a huge step, from this small character, barely on screen, to what it became in the end. They thought this small character would be interesting for the fans, so they gave me more space to work on him, more screentime, a bigger role. And then I had to take off my shirt, jump into a bed and shot one of the bad guys." And exactly this scene is the moment the fans fell for his character, fell in love with Damien, giving him finally the success he urged so long for. And the small role grew big into a 13 episodes arc.

Damien takes it easy that's not his talent as an actor nor him for his martial arts skills what caused his success. "I also had a huge fight-scene, had to work hard on that one and got also a little attention for it. But nothing against the shirtless - and ONLY shirtless-scene!"

Grimm will return this fall to VOX. Damien doesn't know if he will be back in the show for its new run, when Grimm also returns for its fourth season on NBC. But at least he had a little success and for a short time attention from the two-faced city called Los Angeles.

Gretels transcript

RE: *Translation* German TV (RTL) report including Damien Puckler - Gretel Hanselsister - 07-13-2014

Thank you Exclamation