Grimm Forum
What 6 weeks to the first episode - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What 6 weeks to the first episode (/Thread-What-6-weeks-to-the-first-episode)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - syscrash - 12-04-2016

Why would you think Portland is the flag ship. The primus HW IS promoting is all of the unrest we see in the world is because of the wesen uprising. When ever we see an HW screen showing conflict. It is an image of a real conflict somewhere in the world. We have even seen HW send Trubel to other parts of the world.

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - Purity - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 02:19 AM)syscrash Wrote: Why would you think Portland is the flag ship. The primus HW IS promoting is all of the unrest we see in the world is because of the wesen uprising. When ever we see an HW screen showing conflict. It is an image of a real conflict somewhere in the world. We have even seen HW send Trubel to other parts of the world.

Honestly, I to do not know why, but was mentioned in one of the episodes in HW scene. Too lazy to check ep. number Big Grin

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - syscrash - 12-04-2016

lets consider if the world conflicts are wesen uprising. Would not the ones involved in the overthought of countries be more major then the infiltration of a mayor race.

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - Robyn - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 03:41 AM)syscrash Wrote: lets consider if the world conflicts are wesen uprising. Would not the ones involved in the overthought of countries be more major then the infiltration of a mayor race.

A straightforward summation of the incredulous S5 Wesen Uprising storyline - world domination that begins with a city-level political takeover.

From day one the show presented Diana as being targeted by multiple factions either to use her power for personal benefit or to prevent others from wielding her power, and yet, in S5 BC only wants this super powerful child as part of the ‘family man’ image they’re creating for Renard - who doesn’t actually introduce the love of his life and two beautiful children until his acceptance speech. How important are we supposed to believe this ‘family man’ image actually is if he’s already won the election? It was nothing more than contrived nonsense used to maneuver Adalind & Kelly into the hands of the enemy which would lead Nick to his lone wolf crusade.

HW wasn’t any different. It appeared to be a place to house a newly defined and newly named Juliette until time for her to regain her feelings for Nick rather than one of the government funded black ops tasked with bringing down a global Wesen uprising. This government funded black ops did little more than gather occasional intel which they passed on to Nick and he ignored. HW missions were shown in a glimpse of screen time or merely mentioned as occurring off screen. A character originally introduced as dedicating his life to a single mission against The Royals was relegated to a guy who hoped Nick and his gang would join his team.

Since Nick wasn’t an active part of HW and the fight against BC & the Wesen uprising, these elements weren’t even necessary in bringing about the S5 finale. Nick only reacted to his son being taken. The same lone wolf Grimm ending could have occurred if a group of Wesen had kidnapped Kelly intending to ransom him for the Grimm Heritage book. That way G & K wouldn’t had to worry about occasionally referencing an uprising and black ops site, and that Juliette has a new name and new look.

But to the discussion at hand - Looking at the claptrap that was S5, I wasn’t surprised Adalind took Kelly and went to Renard/BC. Given her history in dealing with threats and conflict, it was an expected move. Sadly, it didn’t surprise me either that Adalind believes Nick can/will save her and she’s accepted that a life with Nick is a as good as it gets.

(12-03-2016, 06:28 AM)syscrash Wrote: Second she could call Wu but not call Nick. He at least deserves that. If her thought was Nick would come for them. Might giving him a little information have been helpful.
I'm terrible at remembering details, so could be wrong, but I thought Adalind called Nick and Wu answered his phone. Isn't this the scene where Nick was being held after assaulting Renard?

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - Purity - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 08:37 AM)Robyn Wrote: Sadly, it didn’t surprise me either that Adalind believes Nick can/will save her and she’s accepted that a life with Nick is a as good as it gets.

Just one question though.... why did you choose the word Sadly

were you referring to you "Sadly" not being surprised or
to Adalind believing? Cause if it was Adalind, I would say it was great she believed in him Big Grin

(12-03-2016, 06:28 AM)syscrash Wrote: Second she could call Wu but not call Nick. He at least deserves that. If her thought was Nick would come for them. Might giving him a little information have been helpful.
(12-04-2016, 08:37 AM)Robyn Wrote: I'm terrible at remembering details, so could be wrong, but I thought Adalind called Nick and Wu answered his phone. Isn't this the scene where Nick was being held after assaulting Renard?

Yes thats right.

(12-04-2016, 09:00 AM)Purity Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 08:37 AM)Robyn Wrote: Sadly, it didn’t surprise me either that Adalind believes Nick can/will save her and she’s accepted that a life with Nick is a as good as it gets.

to Adalind believing? Cause if it was Adalind, I would say it was great she believed in him Big Grin

Based on my personal opinion and interpretation of the characters, I meant sadly, as in, wish it had been different.

I had hoped that once Adalind settled into a calmer & less threatening lifestyle she would realize that as long as she was wholly dependent on someone else - the man in her life - she and her children would always risk being victims and she would work toward achieving her independence and getting her daughter back. What she did was basically set up house with Nick and decide that if this was the best she’s known then this must be as good as it gets.

The other side is Nick’s opinion of Adalind and his behavior toward her. The only reasoning I can surmise from G &K’s idea to have Adalind hopelessly in love with Nick is to provide a path to Nick choosing between Adalind and Juliette and as reason that Adalind might side against Renard instead of with him in S6.

While I understand that Adalind doesn’t know Nick is lying to her and he & the gang are deceiving her, as a viewer, I know this is happening. To me, Nick/Adalind is too similar to Renard/Adalind, with the only significant difference being that Nick isn’t using Adalind to fight his battles while he remains safe & hidden.

Nick has admitted he doesn’t know how he feels about Adalind or even how he’s supposed to feel. That makes me question why Nick’s having sex with Adalind. To placate her and keep her easily controllable? That sounds very Renard-like. To simply work off sexual tension? That sounds very selfish considering Adalind has confessed being in love.

Forget love, if Nick cared for Adalind and respected her as an individual and the mother of his child, wouldn’t he have decided against a sexual relationship until they were in agreement about their feelings for another? After all, this is about more than a living arrangement ending if the relationship sours. This is about the emotional wellbeing of his son and maintaining a friendly and trusting relationship as parents.

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - jsgrimm45 - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 09:00 AM)Purity Wrote:

(12-04-2016, 08:37 AM)Robyn Wrote: I'm terrible at remembering details, so could be wrong, but I thought Adalind called Nick and Wu answered his phone. Isn't this the scene where Nick was being held after assaulting Renard?

Yes thats right.
Like the idea of Portland being the flagship for BC. IMO this was because this was the first place they had a wesen (Renard) in a place to make a move to Mayor. They had a almost in not complete control of a Portland PD in the NPP.

They had put fear into the wesen not on their side. They IMO knew that HW was in place also and that they had a powerful hexenbiest and a Grimm working with them. So if they can take over Portland they have a road map to the state by now running Renard for governor.

Portland also has a Grimm who works with and is friends with wesen. Portland has it all we can even add that Renard has royal contacts if these should prove to be need by BC (Conrad).

So Portland has the whole package if you can win there now you have a base. A city maybe even a State.

I agree that Conrad did the planning for Portland and Lucian carried out the plan.

(12-04-2016, 10:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Like the idea of Portland being the flagship for BC. IMO this was because this was the first place they had a wesen (Renard) in a place to make a move to Mayor. They had a almost in not complete control of a Portland PD in the NPP.

They had put fear into the wesen not on their side. They IMO knew that HW was in place also and that they had a powerful hexenbiest and a Grimm working with them. So if they can take over Portland they have a road map to the state by now running Renard for governor.

Portland also has a Grimm who works with and is friends with wesen. Portland has it all we can even add that Renard has royal contacts if these should prove to be need by BC (Conrad).

So Portland has the whole package if you can win there now you have a base. A city maybe even a State.

I agree that Conrad did the planning for Portland and Lucian carried out the plan.

Considering that BC and the Wesen uprising was introduced in Wesen Naught and the Eve of Destruction as capable of destroying the Wesen Council in one fell swoop and a global threat that governments took action against, the ‘BC is really only in Portland’ premise came across as a multipart Wesen of the week episode. A lot of hoopla without much bang. The only significant difference is that Nick usually takes down the Wesen of the week bad guy with the help of the gang, and this time he did it with a stick.

RE: What 6 weeks to the first episode - izzy - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 11:02 AM)Robyn Wrote: Considering that BC and the Wesen uprising was introduced in Wesen Naught and the Eve of Destruction as capable of destroying the Wesen Council in one fell swoop and a global threat that governments took action against, the ‘BC is really only in Portland’ premise came across as a multipart Wesen of the week episode. A lot of hoopla without much bang. The only significant difference is that Nick usually takes down the Wesen of the week bad guy with the help of the gang, and this time he did it with a stick.

ROTFLMAO...you are killing me. I thought I was about the only one who thought both the wesen council and BC were lame. It appears taking out the wesen council was as hard as short changing a blind man and BC grandiose scheme of putting mayor in Portland was aiming low. It really was silly, sort of a parody of a James Bond movie. In the end all the BC uprising has amounted to was a typical weekend on the southside of Chicago.

(12-04-2016, 06:12 PM)izzy Wrote: ROTFLMAO...you are killing me. I thought I was about the only one who thought both the wesen council and BC were lame. It appears taking out the wesen council was as hard as short changing a blind man and BC grandiose scheme of putting mayor in Portland was aiming low. It really was silly, sort of a parody of a James Bond movie. In the end all the BC uprising has amounted to was a typical weekend on the southside of Chicago.
Silly and parody just about sum it up. The Wesen uprising, a grassroots movement hijacked & manipulated for political gain & power is an interesting concept, and should have been an easy fit. But the execution was less than a B movie going straight to video. You know it’s only going to sell out of the $2 bin.