Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - Robyn - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 03:39 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Are you worried that Diana will not be spending enough time with Renard? I think she will.
I don’t know how to be any clearer. My point in each response have been about the show using a child’s emotional turmoil to create Nick/Adalind drama. Well, actually, Nick drama. Adalind is at best an accessory, just as she’s been since the character was introduced.

Let’s try it this way. The show has progressed Adalind toward full circle. From heartless, selfless vixen to devoted mother - until now. Why have Adalind, the devoted mother, put a man before her child just to create drama?

Why not have Adalind decide that not being with Nick right now is best for Diana just when Nick is realizing he might feel something for Adalind as more than his son’s mother? The show would still have the Nick drama, but without disregarding a child’s emotional turmoil.

I don’t ship, so I don’t care about Nick & Adalind or anyone else hooking up. For all I care Nick can marry Adalind, he can marry Juliette, he can have a wild & crazy weekend in Las Vegas with Elizabeth and they can be married by an Elvis impersonator minister.

I’ve only been talking about Diana’s wellbeing and Adalind’s responsibility to make Diana her first priority. For now, the show is portraying Diana as a child. Adalind and Renard consider her a child, their child. So she needs to be treated with the care one would expect for a child. Diana needs full access to her parents. She needs ongoing love, affection, and guidance from her parents. Adalind and Renard might not can live together, but it won’t kill them to live single for a while. But to me, if Adalind could move in with Nick when Kelly’s was born, she could manage a platonic living arrangement with Renard.

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 04:17 PM)syscrash Wrote: It is impossible to send Diana to school.

In the teasers it is said Adalind will address always being in danger.

You right about school if they do not find a potion or something to slow her aging.

Nick is likely to suggest moving tonight instead of I love you. Sean and Adalind is what is not working now. The end game will be based on who is alive and not transformed into something that cannot be shipped.

Eve can live and buy the fome if the tunnels are important to her.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 01-26-2017

Quote:Eve can live and buy the fome if the tunnels are important to her.

That does not solve the problem that the stick is connected to Nick. The box took Grimm blood to open it. So far we have only seen a Grimm able to whole the stick. We have seen Trubel warn Eve to not hold the stick. that being said Nick is tied to the fome.

After five season of all relationships being based on existing to support conflict. Why would anyone think that would change. Especially with the show adding more and more reasons for Nick and Adalind to have conflict.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 04:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean and Adalind is what is not working now.

But don't you think a good part of the reason why they're not working is Adalind?

(01-26-2017, 04:24 PM)Robyn Wrote: I don’t know how to be any clearer. My point in each response have been about the show using a child’s emotional turmoil to create Nick/Adalind drama.

G&K have put Adalind with no money and no way to work. Renard has to move and get his mind together (no ghosts) to help out more. G&K takes choices away from Adalind to make a story and in that way we both completely agree.

(01-26-2017, 04:34 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 04:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean and Adalind is what is not working now.

But don't you think a good part of the reason why they're not working is Adalind?

No. When I cared for my child with behavior issues it took me a year to find anyone who could watch him full time. How was I able to work full time? No one at work could believe how much I was being charged.

(01-26-2017, 04:41 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 04:34 PM)irukandji Wrote: But don't you think a good part of the reason why they're not working is Adalind?

No. When I cared for my child with behavior issues it took me a year to find anyone who could watch him full time. How was I able to work full time? No one at work could believe how much I was being charged.

I think you may have misunderstood my meaning, or maybe I misunderstood what you said, Mary. I meant a good part of the reason why Sean and Adalind are not working as a couple is due to Adalind.

(01-26-2017, 05:02 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 04:41 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 04:34 PM)irukandji Wrote: But don't you think a good part of the reason why they're not working is Adalind?

I think you may have misunderstood my meaning, or maybe I misunderstood what you said, Mary. I meant a good part of the reason why Sean and Adalind are not working as a couple is due to Adalind.

Sean should not expect sex from Adalind and Sean should have never become mayor in a way where his family was being held hostage. TV shows do have characters including Adalind and the other cast members be ruder than they should to be funny. The tone issue is where Adalind could have done better.

Later in the show, I believe this will change and all three adults will work together with the kids.

RE: Diana - Robyn - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 04:33 PM)syscrash Wrote: After five season of all relationships being based on existing to support conflict. Why would anyone think that would change. Especially with the show adding more and more reasons for Nick and Adalind to have conflict.
Thank you. We rarely agree, but on those rare occasions that we do, it’s usually 100%. The show wouldn’t bother with Nick realizing feelings for Adalind if drama/heartache wasn’t planned. The Nick drama is heightened if he cares about Adalind before realizing they can’t be together or should she die.

(01-26-2017, 04:41 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: G&K have put Adalind with no money and no way to work. Renard has to move and get his mind together (no ghosts) to help out more. G&K takes choices away from Adalind to make a story and in that way we both completely agree.
Lack of funds isn’t a problem in fiction unless the story needs it to be. Nick & Juliette owned a house their combined incomes couldn’t afford. Even if a foreclosure, the paint factory, commercial real estate, would be a huge chunk of change for an individual. Nick’s covering the mortgage, all household & personal expenses, and rent on a storage facility large enough to accommodate all the furniture from the previous house.

(01-26-2017, 04:34 PM)irukandji Wrote:
I do. One of the things that hasn’t changed about Adalind is that she’s loyal to whomever she’s with at a given time. She’s angry with Renard because he gave away their daughter, but she’s not with Renard now. She ignores that Nick and his friends were equally involved because she’s with Nick now.

Had Adalind put her children first, she would have tried to reason with Renard concerning his alliance with BC, and tried to convince him he should work with Nick/HW as a way to get them away from BC. But Adalind didn’t do anything other than put Renard on the couch and threaten if he hurt Nick. If she’d reacted to him as the father of her daughter instead of a sudden enemy, things might have turned out differently.

(01-26-2017, 05:19 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean should not expect sex from Adalind.....

What difference would sex with Renard make to Adalind? She was no lily white maiden who had pledged herself to Nick. She's used sex in the past as a tool to get what she wanted. What would have been the harm in having sex with him? She's technically his wife via the ring anyway.

(01-26-2017, 05:19 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: ...and Sean should have never become mayor in a way where his family was being held hostage.

I agree, but part of the blame goes back to Adalind, in my opinion. She could have worked with Renard, convinced him to be a mayor for everyone, not just BC.

RE: Diana - Kathryn Wooten - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 05:45 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 05:19 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean should not expect sex from Adalind.....

What difference would sex with Renard make to Adalind? She was no lily white maiden who had pledged herself to Nick. She's used sex in the past as a tool to get what she wanted. What would have been the harm in having sex with him? She's technically his wife via the ring anyway.

(01-26-2017, 05:19 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: ...and Sean should have never become mayor in a way where his family was being held hostage.

I agree, but part of the blame goes back to Adalind, in my opinion. She could have worked with Renard, convinced him to be a mayor for everyone, not just BC.

I think Renard was totally scared of Conrad and No was not an option