Grimm Forum
"Good Intentions" in Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: "Good Intentions" in Grimm (/Thread-Good-Intentions-in-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - irukandji - 01-04-2019

(01-02-2019, 06:33 AM)syscrash Wrote: Then why would she leave the Royals in the first place? Why would she tell Sean that once they get Diana they wont need him or her.

Adalind endured torture to find Diana. When she found out she was pregnant again, she was so desperate *NOT* to let Nick know that she said Viktor was the father of her child, even though he was the one who also tortured her. Aside from that, what else was Adalind going to do? She had no money and no prospects. Had things worked out, I think she would have stayed with the royals because that was all she could do.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - syscrash - 01-04-2019

this answer
"Then why would she leave the Royals in the first place? Why would she tell Sean that once they get Diana they wont need him or her."
was in response to this statement
"I also think that if the royals had acquired Diana while Adalind was with them, she would have continued to stay with them."

(01-04-2019, 10:11 PM)syscrash Wrote: this answer
"Then why would she leave the Royals in the first place? Why would she tell Sean that once they get Diana they wont need him or her."
"I also think that if the royals had acquired Diana while Adalind was with them, she would have continued to stay with them."

She said her unborn baby was Viktor's child and was planning on marrying Viktor. Wouldn't that imply that Adalind planned on staying with the royals, had it not come out that Viktor was sterile?

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - Henry of green - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 11:36 PM)irukandji Wrote:

She said her unborn baby was Viktor's child and was planning on marrying Viktor. Wouldn't that imply that Adalind planned on staying with the royals, had it not come out that Viktor was sterile?

She never once said she was marrying Viktor, she planned to get Viktor into bed after claiming to her baby she needed a different father, meaning other than Nick, but before she could get him in bed the king sent him away. She then lied to Kenneth saying it was Viktors even though she’d never slept with him, however Kenneth Knew she was lying and told her he knows Viktor not the father as he’s sterile.

You're just gonna have to have a different father.
Maybe a royal one.
It shouldn't be that hard to get him into bed.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s04e16

(01-04-2019, 11:50 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 11:36 PM)irukandji Wrote:

She never once said she was marrying Viktor, she planned to get Viktor into bed after claiming to her baby she needed a different father, meaning other than Nick, but before she could get him in bed the king sent him away. She then lied to Kenneth saying it was Viktors even though she’d never slept with him, however Kenneth Knew she was lying and told her he knows Viktor not the father as he’s sterile.

That was not the intent of my sentence. Adalind said she was pregnant with Viktor's child. She never told anyone she planned on marrying Viktor.

But even at that, it wouldn't make sense for Adalind to lie about Viktor being Kelly's father, then leave the baby with the royals. She would naturally stay with them.

Right?

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - syscrash - 01-05-2019

The question is not would she stay with them. The question is would they let her stay. If she ran off once. Why would they trust her to not do it again. We don't have to speculate. She ran away from Nick for the sake of her kids. Why would they need her.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - Henry of green - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 02:06 AM)syscrash Wrote: The question is not would she stay with them. The question is would they let her stay. If she ran off once. Why would they trust her to not do it again. We don't have to speculate. She ran away from Nick for the sake of her kids. Why would they need her.

Adalind would have to have been extremely stupid to stay with the Royals considering that she hadn’t really sleep with Viktor and Viktor would simply inform the Royals that the baby couldn’t be his since they hadn’t slept togther, her deception of him being the father would never have lasted very long considering she never actually managed to bed him.

Also she expressed to Renard in the below script that she know the Royals were using her to get Diana and they wouldn’t need her after that, so I see zero chance of her staying with them anyway.

Script from 4x14 Adalind and Renard talk

Adalind: When Viktor finds Diana, and he will find her, he's not gonna need me anymore either. It's gonna get ugly. I mean, Viktor, the Resistance, Nick and his Hexenbiest.

As for leaving Nick She went to BC to after Boneparte threatend Nick and her son in 5x19 in her office and because Diana was crying for her mummy and she was desperate to see her again, also Diana phoned pretending to be Renard saying if she wanted to be with Diana she had to decide know. However it is also established that she was also trying to protect Nick not just her children which is what she said on the letter she left him and why she took multiple taxis to the mansion not wanting them to know where Nick lived. Her children’s safety was her number one priority as any perants should be however Nicks safety was a close second, Clarie coffee even confirmed this in multiple season 5 finale interviews.

Below is a transcript of Adalind letter to Nick.

Nick: Adalind! [He looks around, but finds no sign of Adalind or Kelly. He then finds a note from Adalind on the table, and reads it]
Adalind: I'm doing something I have to do. I don't expect you to ever understand what I've done. It's the only way to protect my children. And I don't expect you to believe this, but I love you. I'm sorry.
[The words start to disappear leaving only "I have to protect you" briefly before all words disappear]

Below is a transcript of Nick talking to Trubel about how he blevied the letter Adalind left and Adalind refusing to give Nicks location.

Trubel: Hey.
Nick: Meisner tell you to follow me?
Trubel: He did, but I would have done it anyway. Look, I want you to know that I'm with you on this. I'm gonna help you however I can.
Nick: Adalind left me a note.
Trubel: What'd she say?
Nick: Well, she said she had to do what she did.
Trubel: You believe her.
Nick: Yeah. And she said she loved me.
Trubel: Yeah, well, I knew that. Wasn't hard to tell.
Nick: I want my son back.

Bonaparte: I want you to know that we all worked very hard to bring Diana back to you.
Adalind: I didn't think I'd ever see her again.
Bonaparte: Adalind... [He exhales] I confess, I don't know everything about you, but I do know about your relationship with the Grimm. I know he's the father of your son.
Adalind: He was good to me, and he didn't have to be. Don't ask me to betray him.
Bonaparte: He will try to stop us if he can. Whatever happens to him, you cannot take it personally. Now, where is he?
Adalind: I'm not gonna tell you that.
Bonaparte: We will find him.
Adalind: But I won't have helped.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - irukandji - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 02:06 AM)syscrash Wrote: The question is not would she stay with them. The question is would they let her stay. If she ran off once. Why would they trust her to not do it again. We don't have to speculate. She ran away from Nick for the sake of her kids. Why would they need her.

If the royals didn't want her, they would have dumped her at first chance. Yet she ended up staying with them for most of her pregnancy. So, from what I see, had Adalind gotten her way and Viktor claimed Kelly as his own, she would have stayed with the royals. As it turned out, Kenneth was the one who turned her loose, so the only other father that she could go to was Nick.

Who else was Adalind going to get to be a father to Kelly? There weren't a line of men waiting for that job.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - Henry of green - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 05:20 AM)irukandji Wrote:

If the royals didn't want her, they would have dumped her at first chance. Yet she ended up staying with them for most of her pregnancy. So, from what I see, had Adalind gotten her way and Viktor claimed Kelly as his own, she would have stayed with the royals. As it turned out, Kenneth was the one who turned her loose, so the only other father that she could go to was Nick.

Who else was Adalind going to get to be a father to Kelly? There weren't a line of men waiting for that job.

She never got the chance to sleep with Viktor he was sent away before she got that opportunity so how the hell was she going to convince him he was the father. Your point would be a good one if she actually got the chance to sleep with Viktor first before he got sent away but that wasn’t the case.

Adalind- You're just gonna have to have a different father.
Maybe a royal one.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - irukandji - 01-05-2019

(01-05-2019, 05:34 AM)Henry of green Wrote: She never got the chance to sleep with Viktor he was sent away before she got that opportunity so how the hell was she going to convince him he was the father.

Adalind- You're just gonna have to have a different father.
Maybe a royal one.

We know that. But it's apparent she was looking for Viktor to be the father because she wanted a different father than Nick for her son. Obviously, she despised Nick and didn't want to tell him.

I never thought it was a good plan from the start any more than her waddling into the precinct to tell Nick he was the father. Seems to me that if she makes the statement that she wants a different father for her child, she'd have a few ideas in mind in case Viktor didn't work out.