Grimm Forum
The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind. (/Thread-The-writers-sabotaged-N-J-s-relationship-in-favor-of-Adalind)

RE: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind. - rpmaluki - 04-13-2017

We aren't talking about the first three and a half seasons where there was little development for Juliette other than being the writer's favourite target for every bad thing to ever happen to a TV character. Juliette's transformation to Hexenette and then to Eve saw her character gain independence from Nick in the most decisive way that they barely shared any scenes alone together, let alone any meaningful scenes until 6x11. So again, how did Nick's character benefit from the Eve development. What about Eve made Nick look better to the viewers when people were complaining about Juliette/Eve chowing major plots and screen time from Nick or other characters they preferred to watch, like Trubel and even Adalind?

RE: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind. - brandon - 04-13-2017

This is "Grimm".Two worlds living not peacefully.
They would wait for juliette to wait for Nick in the house after each battle?-
Maybe it's what Nick wanted from the beginning when he became a police officer.One home.
But when he became a "GRIMM",his mind changed and his ideal life too.
Nick wanted a partner in every way:Lover, mother, warrior.And the same should think your partner.
Eve is independent of Nick,does not think about him as a couple and accepts that he is with Adalind.
The bad thing about Juliette's attitude in the past was not knowing how to cut his relationship of Nick.
Not to see that he was with Adalind for the greater good:your son.

RE: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind. - MarylikesGrimm - 04-13-2017

(04-13-2017, 05:30 AM)irukandji Wrote: All I'm saying is it makes no sense to develop Juliette heavily. It makes no sense to develop her at all. She's a secondary character. She could have gone on playing Nick's girlfriend the entire series.

The problem was her contact from day one was for a top character and a lot of screen time. In season 2, we see she lost her memory to use up that screen time. I wished that Juliette had a job related to the station like M.E.

(04-13-2017, 03:23 AM)syscrash Wrote: They told it season 6 would have a bitter sweet ending. They also said they would wrap up a lot of the questions.

Grimm had a very happy ending that wrapped up only a few questions. G&K admitted they change the final only six weeks before and removed aliens from it.

(04-13-2017, 05:30 AM)irukandji Wrote: He lived with her for four years. They don't have to show her in every scene to make it apparent she was his girlfriend.

All I'm saying is it makes no sense to develop Juliette heavily. It makes no sense to develop her at all. She's a secondary character. She could have gone on playing Nick's girlfriend the entire series.

Elizabeth Tulloch had a lot screen time in her contract while Claire Coffee has little screen time. IMO that is one of the reason that Claire became Nick's girlfriend because she is a secondary actor.

RE: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind. - Circe27 - 04-13-2017

Juliette wasn't a secondary character though, she was suppose to be the leading female character and it didn't work like the writers wanted.

RE: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind. - MarylikesGrimm - 04-13-2017

(04-13-2017, 03:23 AM)syscrash Wrote: No where can you point to G&K considering Nick and Adalind getting married.

The Wiki (WesenZoo) has them married because G&K said it in interview and told the people running the site they are married.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Adalind_Schade

Adalind Schade Wesen
Actor: Claire Coffee
Type: Hexenbiest
Relationships: Nick Burkhardt, husband

RE: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind. - Hell Rell - 04-13-2017

Juliette had to be developed. The history of entertainment has shown that girlfriends of the male lead, especially in fantasy/superhero shows, tend to just be props or damsels of distress for him. It's one of the reasons Lois Lane learned martial arts so that would be changed.

The girlfriend character, especially if she's the female lead, can't just fade into the background. That won't fly these days. Juliette needed to be a character outside of being Nick's girlfriend. She can't just be reduced to arm candy. I think not taking advantage of Juliette being a vet was the biggest mistake they made with her until they turned her into Hexenette. She could've been just as important to Team Grimm using the skills she already had.

As far as people posting their likes and dislikes after a episode airs, what are they supposed to do? It's not like they believe the show will change direction. They're just discussing the show like fans do. They can talk about their hopes for the future but that doesn't translate to a belief that the writers will actually do what they want to see. I'm sure there's a fringe element that may believe this but this forum itself has proven that to be false. How many people here believe their opinions will actually change things weeks before an episode airs?

G&K explaining why Eve no longer wanted to be Juliette.

Could 'Grimm' get a spinoff after the series finale?
BY ALYSE WAX
MAR 31, 2017

http://mashable.com/2017/03/31/grimm-series-finale-spinoff-nick-adalind-son-monroe-triplets-rosalee/#WzjdNjXFsaqc

Throughout this last season it kind of felt like Eve was switching back into Juliette mode, and that at some point she was going to proclaim her love to Nick, and try to get him back. Was that ever a possibility?

JK: Not in our minds. In other people's minds, it was definitely a possibility. We shot where she felt the strength of being a hexenbiest, all that power. She went from bad to good. But she didn't want to give up that purpose.

DG: It wasn't like she was converting; she was coalescing in this last season. In the third to last episode [she and Nick] had a big scene in that other place/dimension, and she spells out that she wouldn't go back if she could. They both did a lot of stuff, good, bad and indifferent. But she was no longer interested in simple happiness. She discovered a purpose in life.

Could 'Grimm' get a spinoff after the series finale?

Have you given any thought to possible spinoff series or projects?

JK: We've always given thought to that. It's really up to NBC.

DG: There could be. You never know. That Trubel character came on a little late in the game, with the idea of her maybe having her own spin-off with some of our regulars someday. You just never know.

BY ALYSE WAX
MAR 31, 2017

RE: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind. - Renardfan99 - 04-13-2017

A Grimm spinoff with Trubel as the lead? No, thanks. I never saw the need for Trubel in the first place!

However, I would watch a spinoff featuring an ensemble cast that contained Kelly Jr, Diana who is only a few years older than her brother and the triplets. Of course, there would be a few guest appearances from Nick, Adalind, Renard, Monroe, Rosalie, Hank, Wu and Elisabeth. There is no need for Trubel or Juliette not Eve to ever show their faces on this show.

(04-13-2017, 05:30 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 05:27 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Juliette was developed quite heavily and probably desperately but they severed her connection to Nick, so how does that benefit the main lead when he barely spent much time with her, especially in S5. Apart from the hospital where Eve laid motionless at the hospital and their one episode in the mirror dimension, how has Nick benefitted from the Eve development?

He lived with her for four years. They don't have to show her in every scene to make it apparent she was his girlfriend.

All I'm saying is it makes no sense to develop Juliette heavily. It makes no sense to develop her at all. She's a secondary character. She could have gone on playing Nick's girlfriend the entire series.

I will always vote for a dead Juliette, because her death should have been the catalyst in s1 for Nick to not want another love interest. We could then see an organic story where he and Adalind end up together without benefit of rape or a rape baby.

RE: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind. - irukandji - 04-13-2017

What people were complaining about Juliette/Eve chowing major plots and screen time from Nick?

(04-13-2017, 08:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: What people were complaining about Juliette/Eve chowing major plots and screen time from Nick?

On SpoilerTV comments there were posters complaining about Eve/Juliette screen time. I really like Eve/Juliette so I am happy with the Eve/Juliette season 6 theme and I would watch a spinoff of Trubel and Eve/Juliette as leads. IMO Rosalee or Adalind would need a time jump into order for the kids to be old enough for them to get out again.