Grimm Forum
Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? (/Thread-Which-fairy-tale-medieval-story-would-you-like-to-see-made-into-a-Grimm-episode)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - virgo79 - 06-05-2014

(05-29-2014, 04:37 PM)Elkhound Wrote: Aside from his pale complexion and dark hair, I see no resemblance between Nick and Snow White.

That's precisely what I meant. From the first ep of this show, I've been waiting for Nick to cameo as Snow White. I still feel, considering the poisoning and the "sleep like death" aspect of the S2 finale that that episode should have sported a quote from Snow White. As for any missing elements, Grimm has always played fast and loose with how it interprets fairy tales, and just how much of the source material they incorporate -- though that ep did have the obligatory evil royal in the form of Eric.

I think the stolen skin aspect of the selkie myth would be a fascinating (if gruesome) element of the story to run with.

Oh, the Jersey Devil would be wicked! I am on board for that.

(05-29-2014, 06:17 PM)Berkilak de Hautdesert Wrote: How about the story of the Six Swans?

Yes!

Side note - I would also kinda like to see something that very clearly *isn't* Wesen, too. They've played in that end of the pool a little, with the sort of elemental volcano guy (can't remember the ep title for that one), and with La Llorona and El Cucuy, both of which seemed to fall into a grey area in terms of exactly what they were, but I'd like to see some kind of beastie that is in no way, shape, or form a Wesen.

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Elkhound - 06-06-2014

How about "Tam Lin" or "Mollie Whuppie"?

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Elkhound - 06-06-2014

"The Twelve Dancing Princesses"; "Hans My Hedgehog"; "The Goose Girl"

"Puss in Boots" (Would 'puss' be a Klausreich?)

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - virgo79 - 06-07-2014

Tam Lin could be very cool. I thought, before it aired, the one with Nick getting infatuated with the little she-elf was going to be modeled after Tam Lin, but not so much.

We need some proper fairy lore action on this show. "The Wild Hunt" did not give me the baddies I thought it was going to, on that front. The Nuckleavee was creative as hell, but not as scary as he should have been. Jenny Greenteeth would be an amazing figure to work in somehow.

A Klaustreich Puss in Boots would be great.

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - grimmfreak - 06-13-2014

in a more modern angle I'd like to see a character that can penetrate into people's dreams... Not a disembodied psychopath like Freddy Kruger but something more imaginative like a kidnapping victim who can project their thought's into a sleeping friend's head but they look like their wesen form and Nick and co have to figure out what they're trying to communicate... Maybe I'll work that into a fan fic.

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Elkhound - 06-13-2014

Beauty & the Beast/Cupid & Psyche?

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - olgrimm99 - 09-26-2014

How about Bluebeard as it was originally written by the Grimms in 1812 and includes info based on Wilhem Grimms own hand written notes in the book:

"It seems in all Märchen of Blubeard, wherein his Blutrunst [flowing of blood] has not rightly explained, the idea to be the basis of himself through bathing in blood to cure of the blue beard; as the lepers. That is also why it is written that the blood is collected in basins."

He also makes a separate handwritten note: "Bluebeard actually means Blackbeard, as Blátand blacktooth."

Most discuss the symbolism of the wife's curiosity, but in light of this, might Bluebeard be a victim himself? Might he be deliberately setting the women up to fail so that he has a "good excuse" to kill them and therby cure himself by bathing in their blood?

The Grimm TV show story might be: Wesen attempts to cure him/herself by bathing in the blood of virgins he/she kills? or something similar?

As far as I know, Wilhelm Grimms handwritten notes on this have never been translated into English before.

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - wfmyers1207 - 09-26-2014

Hello Olgrimm and welcome to the forum! Smile Good luck with that new translation of the original stories. I'll have to find a copy.

The Bluebeard idea sounds pretty good. But, I wonder why the Brothers Grimm or some past source they researched, changed the character to male? The original story was almost certainly based on the Countess Elizabeth Bothery of Hungary. A woman who killed at least dozens, and perhaps hundreds of young women and bathed in their blood, believing it would keep her young and beautiful forever. She remains one of the worst serial killers in human history.

All in all, I think the writers are doing pretty well in capturing the atmosphere, if not the letter, of the original stories. The modern twists on the stories are rather intriguing to me.

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - olgrimm99 - 09-26-2014

(09-26-2014, 03:53 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Hello Olgrimm and welcome to the forum! Smile Good luck with that new translation of the original stories. I'll have to find a copy.

The Bluebeard idea sounds pretty good. But, I wonder why the Brothers Grimm or some past source they researched, changed the character to male? The original story was almost certainly based on the Countess Elizabeth Bothery of Hungary. A woman who killed at least dozens, and perhaps hundreds of young women and bathed in their blood, believing it would keep her young and beautiful forever. She remains one of the worst serial killers in human history.

All in all, I think the writers are doing pretty well in capturing the atmosphere, if not the letter, of the original stories. The modern twists on the stories are rather intriguing to me.

Hello and thanks. The Grimms got the story (#62 Bluebeard) from the Hassenpflug Family (Amalie, Jeanette and Marie) in the Autumn of 1812. The Hassenpflugs most likely heard this version from the Charles Perrault tale. This is probably also why it was also removed after appearing in the first edition. I am not familiar with the Countess. Sounds very interesting. Will have to look into that. The Countess is then a real life historical person.

By the way, the book is titled:

The Original 1812 Grimm Fairy Tales. Available at amazon.com and lulu.com in hardcover and ebook.

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Altered Realtity - 10-03-2014

I think I'd like to see a few more fairytale creatures from other cultures. A Baba Yaga story could be interesting. And as the Captain speaks Russian, it'd be a reason to involve him (more Captain is good ;D).

Or how about a Kitsune. It'd be interesting to see Rosalee's reaction.