Grimm Forum

Full Version: The Black Knight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am really becoming interested in the black knight piece. The show is kind of rubbing your nose in its importance. The very first scene with Truble opens with a shot of the black knight on her backpack. Then the black knight on the ground with blood on it, then Nick and Hank find it and in the next episode Nick gives it back to Truble. Significance here?

On another thread someone mentioned that one of the keys may be in the black knight. I'm inclined to agree.

There are 7 keys. The royals have 4 and Nick has 1, from the teasers the dying grimm brings another to Nick. So, if the 3rd key is hidden in the black knight that gives Nick's team 3 total. Obviously, they are the most important ones, since if the royals have 4 and haven't found the hidden whatever then those keys 4 are not the truly important ones.Dodgy

Bye the way, what do you think is the "hidden whatever"?

What do you think about this?
(05-06-2014, 05:38 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]I am really becoming interested in the black knight piece. The show is kind of rubbing your nose in its importance. The very first scene with Truble opens with a shot of the black knight on her backpack. Then the black knight on the ground with blood on it, then Nick and Hank find it and in the next episode Nick gives it back to Truble. Significance here?

On another thread someone mentioned that one of the keys may be in the black knight. I'm inclined to agree.

There are 7 keys. The royals have 4 and Nick has 1, from the teasers the dying grimm brings another to Nick. So, if the 3rd key is hidden in the black knight that gives Nick's team 3 total. Obviously, they are the most important ones, since if the royals have 4 and haven't found the hidden whatever then those keys 4 are not the truly important ones.Dodgy

I wonder about the wisdom of bringing two or three keys to the same place... Wouldn't it be better to keep them separate thus making sure the royals can't get them all in one shot?
"Hidden in plain sight", basically, yes? Grimm as keepers of the missing keys ... I like it.
The black knight is a symbol, of Trubel. A knight is a horse, and a dark horse is a symbol of someone who wanders and is unsure about what their place is. Sounds an awful lot like Trubel. That's my brothers theory. Not a big importance, but a symbol.
(05-06-2014, 07:12 PM)Fuchsbauer Wrote: [ -> ]The black knight is a symbol, of Trubel. A knight is a horse, and a dark horse is a symbol of someone who wanders and is unsure about what their place is. Sounds an awful lot like Trubel. That's my brothers theory. Not a big importance, but a symbol.

Pure symbolism is an option, I suppose. A wandering knight that took up the causes of the downtrodden was also referred to as a 'paladin'. So, perhaps the writers' intention is for the audience to see Truble as a young paladin.

Off topic a bit, when I was a boy there was a TV show called "Have Gun, Will Travel" Richard Boone played the lead, a character whose last name was Paladin, fought for the underdog, and had a black Knight embossed on his holster.
This is a season three spoiler but as we have so many posts again with the black knight meaning or lack of, thought we'd it dusted off. From reading the posts on this forum don't believe anyone needs a chess lesson.

We have no idea if it means anything or as one post here states just a symbol of Trubel's life. Good point, as we may be reading to much into the knight, classic misdirection. I don't think so I think it a clue for another key.

Someone in a newer post brings up who taught Trubel chess? I lean this way her real parents did she was playing chess in the mental hospital so she knew than. When talking to Juliette she said she used the queen to stop a coyotl and they were not happy. We haven't been told where or when she got the knight.

So how does the knight figure in? Her knight is only a reminder and this will fall in to place early in season 5. The other black knight is the one needed to find the 3 key. Once they find out who real parents are this will be the information needed for Trubel.

I think it's how the knight moves that's the missing piece of the puzzle. The color is only because she's a Grimm and the parent teaching her chess was the Grimm.

Idea's?
@jsgrimm45. Didn't really consider the way the piece moves as a clue. That's a good idea. I was thinking more on the lines that something was concealed in the black knight (map or note) that would lead to where the last key is located. But the piece might get lost or stolen. However the basic idea of how the piece moves cannot be! Like I said, good idea. Let's see how it plays out. Smile
(06-16-2015, 09:02 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]@jsgrimm45. Didn't really consider the way the piece moves as a clue. That's a good idea. I was thinking more on the lines that something was concealed in the black knight (map or note) that would lead to where the last key is located. But the piece might get lost or stolen. However the basic idea of how the piece moves cannot be! Like I said, good idea. Let's see how it plays out. Smile
Could I take the thought this way at say her parent house there a tile floor and one to the tiles has a small knight it one tile how the knight move would show the tile the clue or key is under. Or if using a google earth map of a city block the key or clue could be in a house (I thinking more like a library) a knight it would jump over. I agree this isn't likely but that's how I see the knights move as the clue. If it is say a library I would look for the copy of The Brothers Grimm say. As most of the royals play chess but like most do not consider the Knight a power piece would make for a good clue. Counter ideas?
(05-06-2014, 05:38 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]I am really becoming interested in the black knight piece. The show is kind of rubbing your nose in its importance. The very first scene with Truble opens with a shot of the black knight on her backpack. Then the black knight on the ground with blood on it, then Nick and Hank find it and in the next episode Nick gives it back to Truble. Significance here?

I do not see the black Knight as having any further significance.. Truble already stated why she carried it and she does not play chess... I believe it was her only link to reality when she thought she was crazy. Just my opinion...
(06-02-2016, 11:20 AM)Breezie Wrote: [ -> ]

I do not see the black Knight as having any further significance.. Truble already stated why she carried it and she does not play chess... I believe it was her only link to reality when she thought she was crazy. Just my opinion...
As we now have found what the 7 knights hide your right the black knight Trubel cared didn't mean anything in the quest for the treasure. Now that you have renewed the threat could we yet see this come into play? Trubel did play chess or at least understands the game because she said she liked the knight because of the way it moved the only piece on the board that can jump out other pieces.
Pages: 1 2