Grimm Forum

Full Version: S3E13 - Revelation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was so excited for the season to start up again and then I managed to miss the beginning of the episode; just rewatched it on demand.

I really liked it. It's no surprise to me that the writers wound up the family problem for M and R this time; there is too much happening otherwise to focus on it for long. But I couldn't help but to mentally make up some different dialog when Monroe calls Mom: "Where are you, Mom, we have to talk". "We're at the Stanbridge motel" "Room 313, Mom?" "Why, yes, son - how did you know?" "Lucky guess."

Who knew; the Wildesheer are killed by scalping; poetic justice. But as has been mentioned, according to legend, the appearance of these wesen marks the coming of some ominous world event. Why do I think Adalind's missile-launching, bouncing-baby-something will be involved?

Shocked to find that Stefania was working with Viktor, didn't see that coming. Sebastien said the Resistance was interested in the baby and that also surprised me. And Sean wants it, they all want it. But if it turns out to be anything like the little horror it seems, everyone will be trying to hand it off like a hot potato: "You take it" "No, you take it". Big Grin

Maybe because Nick's police work puts him at the center of wesen problems that need handling is the reason he reaches out to Monroe first most of the time. It seems that these two help each other and have formed a partnership to put things right when the wesen community faces criminal action. Nick gets paid for being a cop and Monroe earns a good living repairing clocks. They both do this other thing out a a sort of calling, perhaps.
(03-04-2014, 05:29 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]But I couldn't help but to mentally make up some different dialog when Monroe calls Mom: "Where are you, Mom, we have to talk". "We're at the Stanbridge motel" "Room 313, Mom?" "Why, yes, son - how did you know?" "Lucky guess."

Sebastien said the Resistance was interested in the baby and that also surprised me. And Sean wants it, they all want it. But if it turns out to be anything like the little horror it seems, everyone will be trying to hand it off like a hot potato: "You take it" "No, you take it". Big Grin

LOL, thanks a lot, you really made my day! Big Grin
On Friday we will learn about Wu's first name, hm, I guess it's 314. Or perhaps "Cad" , after the third, first and fourth letter of the alphabet.

"You take the baby! And don't keep it in one room with a pen!"
(03-04-2014, 07:33 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: [ -> ]LOL, thanks a lot, you really made my day! Big Grin
On Friday we will learn about Wu's first name, hm, I guess it's 314. Or perhaps "Cad" , after the third, first and fourth letter of the alphabet.

Very funny, best Easter egg yet: 314 Wu! Big Grin (Just as long as it's not Stu, Drew, or Hugh!)
(03-04-2014, 08:24 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]Very funny, best Easter egg yet: 314 Wu! Big Grin (Just as long as it's not Stu, Drew, or Hugh!)
As long as it's not
Spoiler :
Dead Wu
I'm happy with everything Wink
(03-04-2014, 11:27 AM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2014, 08:24 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]Very funny, best Easter egg yet: 314 Wu! Big Grin (Just as long as it's not Stu, Drew, or Hugh!)
As long as it's not
Spoiler :
Dead Wu
I'm happy with everything Wink

Ha-ha, good one! Big Grin We'll know Friday, but I've always liked it that he had just the one name. (By the way, he had some good lines in this last episode, I've been missing that!)
What I wonder about is that we've been told over and over that most people can't handle the whole Grimm world... I wonder if we will ever see someone find out and end up institutionalized...
(03-04-2014, 05:40 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: [ -> ]What I wonder about is that we've been told over and over that most people can't handle the whole Grimm world... I wonder if we will ever see someone find out and end up institutionalized...

Right - Hank almost did before he got clued in. Pity the poor citizen that witnesses the occasional wesen sighting and has to go on their way questioning their sanity; we should assume that it happens alot! A fictional national survey would undoubtably reveal that the city of Portland leads the nation in the prescription of anti-hallucination medications. Smile
(03-04-2014, 07:33 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: [ -> ]On Friday we will learn about Wu's first name, hm, I guess it's 314. Or perhaps "Cad" , after the third, first and fourth letter of the alphabet.

He is Chinese, it could be Pai Wu. 3.14.

(03-05-2014, 08:50 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ][quote='grimmfreak' pid='4941' dateline='1393980037']
A fictional national survey would undoubtably reveal that the city of Portland leads the nation in the prescription of anti-hallucination medications. Smile

But we dont have any evidence that Portland has an inordinately high population of Wesen, just that they're the only ones we ever see. We've seen, in fact, Wesen scattered around the country and region (just off the top of my head, the Coyotls were in Texas, La Llorona came up through New Mexico and Utah[?], and the scalper Wesen this week came up from Mexico along the coast). And Monroe's parents obviously dont live near Portland. And many of the bad Wesen we've seen were linked to similar crimes in cities across the country.

I think a better conclusion would be that there's a whole sector of the psychiatric and pharmaceutical industry that's treating people for things they really did see Smile

Unless I'm forgetting Monroe saying something to make it canon that Portland is a major Wesen-opolis, or something?
Good catch, Droid327. We can add Juliette's Fuchbau friend and her hubby, Farley Kolt, Ian Harmon, Sean's mom, the Wildesheer, crocodile guy and his brothers, (not to mention a whole passle of European wesen including the Wesen Council), to the list. Guess we'd have to do that fictional survey to see!

On the side of support for Portland being "a center of mystical convergence" - as Rupert Giles would say - we could add the many humorous remarks the characters make to explain weird occurences like, "but then, it's Portland", etc. But that's too focused on the inside, so maybe not. Big Grin

Is Pai a name made up of the third, first and fourth characters of the Chinese alphabet?
(03-04-2014, 05:40 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: [ -> ]What I wonder about is that we've been told over and over that most people can't handle the whole Grimm world... I wonder if we will ever see someone find out and end up institutionalized...

I can see Wu going complete bonkers when he finally sees a wesen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4