Grimm Forum

Full Version: Eve and HW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Did Eve get paid by HW for her services? It seems like she didn't as she was homeless and had to take up living in the spice shop basement.
Eve was first described as someone HW had turned into a weapon. Which doesn't sound much like an agent to me.

And where would she spend money? She never went anywhere.
I can't recall who described her as a weapon. Was it those idiots Kouf and Greenwalt?
It was Trubel. When Nick asked her what she knew about Juliette, she said she had heard that HW had a hexenbiest they had turned into a weapon.
Laughs. These Grimms. They just can't keep anything to themselves can they?
I'm thinking that Eve was probably a failed experiment. Not relying on Trubel's explanation, Eve would have been an agent for HW, not a weapon. But, from reading the comments about Eve, she never really attained the status of agent. If she had, she certainly wouldn't be assigned to Portland to watch Renard's activities.
She was an agent. that is proved by her interactions with Misner. Nick had to pass her test. I did not see her staying in the basement as her being broke but her trying to deal with the changes going on at the time. Remember this happens after the attack on HW and her getting healed with the stick. Both things could have left her without access to any of her resources. What is was surprised about they did not pair Eve with Sean. I would have like to see that instead of Sean siding with BC. Having Adaliind bringing Diana over to Sean's and Eve being there could lead to a ton of drama. especially if Eve and Diana started to bond over using magic. Eve and Diana both showed a casual use of magic. Eve used it to open doors. Diana used it to boil water. Adalind was never shown to casually use magic.
Eve would have been a terrible choice as an agent in Portland. Too easily recognized as Juliette Silverton, ex GF of Nick Burkhardt the grimm if she's caught on a CCTV. Those wigs were worthless as disguises. So in practice, she really was used more like a weapon and was only deployed when her powers were required.

Anybody remember the first time we saw a hexenbiest use telekinetic powers? I don't think Adalind or her mother used any during their knock down fights with Nick and Kelly in season 1 & 2, but did we see any instances before season 3 when Adalind wasn't sure if it was her or her baby making things happen?
Yeah, I don't remember Adalind or her mom using telekinetic powers either in the 1st 2 seasons. Originally, it seemed like Hexenbiests were designed to use their magic primarily in the forms of spells and potions along with the physical boosts they got when in combat.
(06-20-2022, 11:31 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Eve would have been a terrible choice as an agent in Portland. Too easily recognized as Juliette Silverton, ex GF of Nick Burkhardt the grimm if she's caught on a CCTV. Those wigs were worthless as disguises. So in practice, she really was used more like a weapon and was only deployed when her powers were required.

I think the creative team was expecting viewers to use their imagination on this and assume that Juliette was unrecognizable. While the premise of Eve was ridiculous, Nick was even more so. Who, for one minute, believes he couldn't be tracked to his warehouse or that Renard would have had no idea where he lived? And what about the scoobies? Does anyone really believe they can be involved in the destruction of a police precinct and there isn't one eye witness or working camera of the event? And then there's Trubel, a sooper dooper around the world agent? The creative team expected a complete check your brain at the door and use your powers of assumption on this one.
Pages: 1 2 3