Grimm Forum

Full Version: Season 7 review/comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Almost done watching Arrow Season 7 on Netflix. I have a new hate character to replace my dear sweet Juliette <--(Sarcasm). He has been getting on my nerves and its Oliver's son, William. Am I the only one that thinks the kid need a good spanking or just a plain old fashion, taken out to the wood shed, beating?

Then lest not forget A.R.G.U.S for keeping Diaz alive. More unnerving arcs.
How many more episodes so you have to go? I don't want to spoil anything.

I will say that William is very annoying. It's easy to say most kids on shows are annoying, unless you're talking about the flash-forwards, but I like Rene's daughter. Zoe doesn't annoy me at all but William has sucked ever since he was introduced.

Diaz is one of the worst villians I've ever seen even by CW standards. He should've been taken care of season 6. I keep thinking about how much of a loser he is every time he shows up. Although Cicada gives him competition for worst CW villain.

Other than the above, I think season 7 improved on season 6 but it struggled in the second half. The season was at it's best with Oliver in prison. I liked the future storyline for the most part but that lost steam as well. Blackstar is a pretty cool character and I like how they've used Dinah this season in both storylines.
(06-09-2019, 02:43 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]How many more episodes so you have to go? I don't want to spoil anything.

I will say that William is very annoying. It's easy to say most kids on shows are annoying, unless you're talking about the flash-forwards, but I like Rene's daughter. Zoe doesn't annoy me at all but William has sucked ever since he was introduced.

Diaz is one of the worst villians I've ever seen even by CW standards. He should've been taken care of season 6. I keep thinking about how much of a loser he is every time he shows up. Although Cicada gives him competition for worst CW villain.

Other than the above, I think season 7 improved on season 6 but it struggled in the second half. The season was at it's best with Oliver in prison. I liked the future storyline for the most part but that lost steam as well. Blackstar is a pretty cool character and I like how they've used Dinah this season in both storylines.

Typical, great minds think alike. I am finally done with S7. It was refreshing to see William grow up to be less annoying. I did enjoyed to see Zoe grow up as Dinah protege. I'm not too crazy of the mythical book guy taking Oliver to wherever and Felicity to join up.

As for Diaz, He should have been killed off way back. The guy just won't die, while the others constantly keep giving his chance after chance to survive. Notice how I don't go off into a rant on how the characters did this right and that wrong, or the writers intent, or how the writers did not develop the characters to be believably real and bla, bla, bla.

In the end its a fantasy show created from a comic book. It is what it is. You either like it or not instead of creating justifications on why some characters behaved as they did and try making excuses for them. Kinda of anticipating the final season 8 but is Oliver does not return, how can they still call it "Arrow".
I really didn't like Felicity going to join Oliver wherever he was never to return. She says her kids don't need her anymore and she decides to abandon them forever to be with Oliver. I sat here thinking "Did you just really choose your husband over your kids?" It didn't seem like an either/or situation because I thought she could join Oliver at a much later date because The Monitor left it up for her to decide. I don't even like her character all that much and I thought it was bs because the actress is leaving.

Diaz was ridiculous because Oliver has faced tougher opponents who were physically and mentally superior to him as well as more politically connected and influential. Merlyn, Deathstroke, and Prometheus were all more difficult to deal with than Diaz should've been.

I found Emiko to be a bit of a waste despite her being Oliver's sister. It was just a rehash of Oliver dealing with the sins of his father which has been beaten to death. There wasn't anything particularly new discussed in this storyline. I did like it when she was the new Green Arrow because she was the killer Oliver used to be and I admit that I liked that Oliver and she played that role impressively.

Dinah, Zoe, Rene, and Mia were my favorite characters this season. They were all well-fleshed out for a CW show. Dinah probably received more development than any other character and Zoe and Mia are good characters to lead the future storyline. I like how Mia was trained by Nyssa since she was a little girl so it makes sense why she's so excellent in combat.

Oliver will most likely have much less screentime next season. I'm guessing that he's going to help the Monitor recruit for the Crisis in the meantime. I know his identity is public but I still miss the mask.