Grimm Forum

Full Version: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
You guys put Nick through the ringer… he lost his mom and his girlfriend and… his trailer!

Greenwalt: Internal emotional changes rather than, you know, “I’ve lost my powers” or “I’m a zombie” or “My mom’s come back”… this stuff was more-

Kouf: It was about betrayal.

Greenwalt: It was about betrayal and it is darker, you’re right.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f...ath-795616
(02-18-2019, 05:50 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: [ -> ]You guys put Nick through the ringer… he lost his mom and his girlfriend and… his trailer!

Greenwalt: Internal emotional changes rather than, you know, “I’ve lost my powers” or “I’m a zombie” or “My mom’s come back”… this stuff was more-

Kouf: It was about betrayal.

Greenwalt: It was about betrayal and it is darker, you’re right.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f...ath-795616

In my book, it was, Juliette setting up his mother getting killed, especially when you add in, growing up without his mom, getting her back, for a short time and then betrayed by the love of his life getting her killed.

Even if Adalind did not get pregnant with his child for him to have another woman to fall back on. No matter how much therapy would have been involved, there was no going back with Juliette. He might have forgiven her but never forgotten.
The betrayal of Juliette.
(02-19-2019, 06:39 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]The betrayal of Juliette.
Of Juliette or By Juliette?
When Juliette tricked Nick's mother into a death trap.
I think we all know the consensus #1 so what is the runner-up?

I would say either Renard and Catherine shunning/disowning Adalind or Adalind losing Diana. Renard and her mother using her like that then making her feel worthless when she needed them the most was one of the more powerful scenes in the show because I felt really bad for her even though she was pretty despicable up until that point. Good character, but still despicable.
I think Kelly deceiving Adalind for her baby was the worst betrayal. Without that little incident, Juliette never would have been able to betray Kelly. One good turn deserves another I guess.

But far worse than Juliette's betrayal of Kelly was the portrayal of how clueless these characters were during this whole entire betrayal story arc. Poor character development really negatively impacted the whole point. So G&K can comment on betrayal and oh how "dark" it all was, but what they really should be commenting on is how they could have released their characters from paralyzing dumbness and instead create a much, much better storyline.
I will agree that many parts of the series should have been written better, and while most of the writers/directors dream of being Shakespeare, they are not and never will be.. Shoot, I don't know when I will forgive the writers and directors of GOT for the most recent episode.AngryAngryAngry
(05-16-2019, 08:44 AM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]I will agree that many parts of the series should have been written better, and while most of the writers/directors dream of being Shakespeare, they are not and never will be.. Shoot, I don't know when I will forgive the writers and directors of GOT for the most recent episode.AngryAngryAngry

Remember all of the hoopla surrounding the betrayal and how many on the forum were just shocked and horrified that Juliette would do such a thing?
(05-16-2019, 03:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2019, 08:44 AM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]I will agree that many parts of the series should have been written better, and while most of the writers/directors dream of being Shakespeare, they are not and never will be.. Shoot, I don't know when I will forgive the writers and directors of GOT for the most recent episode.AngryAngryAngry

Remember all of the hoopla surrounding the betrayal and how many on the forum were just shocked and horrified that Juliette would do such a thing?
Yeah, I attributed it to her sudden change in being--human to unwanted ugly hex, losing her long time boyfriend and all his new friends, lashing out at all the people who were partly responsible for her change, not having experience in dealing with her new power. As I watched all of this unfold episode by episode, I hoped she would get a grip on the situation and emerge as a fighter for good. Oh well, I am used to not getting what I hoped for.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21