Grimm Forum

Full Version: Why was the Royal arc ended so abruptly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Royal storyline seemed to end just as abruptly as the BC one did with Bonepartes death, the king was thrown out of the Helicopter and they were basically Never heard from again except for one mention by Meisner about Viktor being the new king and how Viktor had help them to get Diana in exchange for killing the king.

The end of the Royal arc seemed just as panicked as the BC arc why was this?
(11-29-2018, 04:50 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]The Royal storyline seemed to end just as abruptly as the BC one did with Bonepartes death, the king was thrown out of the Helicopter and they were basically Never heard from again except for one mention by Meisner about Viktor being the new king and how Viktor had help them to get Diana in exchange for killing the king.

The end of the Royal arc seemed just as panicked as the BC arc why was this?

Let's try something new.

The short answer is probably that BC replaced the royals. I do not know, so I will speculate. In season 4, they chose to let Nick go without his Grimm powers/abilities for too long. This was probably negative for the series and the ratings fell (that’s sad, by the way, because the second half of season 4 was amazing), so in season 5 it was decided to make some radical changes. In comes BC. That didn’t work, so in season 6 they got rid of BC just as quickly in a hope of getting more than 13 episodes.

In my opinion they could have kept the royals. Maybe even followed a not to different storyline. Perhaps the royals could have led BC, where they offered the wesen to live in freedom if they helped the royals take control of the world – ok, it doesn’t make sense to have one royal family control the world, but anyway… Perhaps even recruiting Renard (king?) and have Bonaparte play an important role. Adalind giving up the offer to be queen to be with Nick, etc.

There is probably some inconsistency I haven’t thought while writing this, but you get the picture. I think keeping the royals on board would have created more consistency and tied things better together – with the keys/ the stick and Diana, etc.
BC's plot to rule the world was just a less credible rehash of the royals' plot to influence world govts behind the scenes as explained by Ian Harmon in S01. And the royals already had the Verrat as their wesen minions. So the whole "wesen ISIS" thing was just a badly conceived redress of the existing landscape.

I would have ended BC by having it revealed that Viktor or some rival royal trying to outdo him was secretly pulling Bonaparte's strings all along.
I just substituted BC with royals for “illustration” purposes. BC was no big success, but they could at least have tried to have a more consistent storyline, and that could have included the royals one way or another. All the fuss about the keys and Diana, and at the end, they were completely out of the picture. It took the Royal families six hundred years to obtain four of the keys, before losing most of them to the Grimms. But at the end, when everything came together, they were almost forgotten.

By the way, I forgot an important detail in my little alternative storyline. It ends with Renard being kicked out of the throne, making the fall even bigger than losing the mayorship.
Yes, Renard going over to BC and running for mayor could just as easily have been him yielding to temptation when King Freddie makes a supposed outreach to his only remaining son and asks him to "come home." It would actually have been more believable, too, because we already knew that Renard had daddy issues.