Grimm Forum

Full Version: Renard and Adalind extended scene from face off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's a deleted scene which goes nowhere, but I still stand by my assessment that Renard and Adalind have an on screen chemistry.
I always thought that the best exchanges between Sean and Adalind were when they were taunting each other, especially when they were openly hostile and trying to get under each others' skins.

Nick and Adalind, OTOH, seemed to mesh better when they were together. As enemies they always reminded me of that boy and girl who were always snapping at each other in grammar school and ended up engaged by the time they graduated high school.
I think chemistry is in the eye of the beholder a lot of times but yes I thought they had good chemistry together and great chemistry as antagonists of each other but I always felt she had far more chemistry with Nick than anyone right from episode 3 of season 1.
(11-18-2018, 08:23 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]I always thought that the best exchanges between Sean and Adalind were when they were taunting each other, especially when they were openly hostile and trying to get under each others' skins.

Nick and Adalind, OTOH, seemed to mesh better when they were together. As enemies they always reminded me of that boy and girl who were always snapping at each other in grammar school and ended up engaged by the time they graduated high school.

Really, the best chemistry I saw where Nick was involved was with Monroe. Nothing with Juliette or Adalind even comes close.
(11-19-2018, 05:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2018, 08:23 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]I always thought that the best exchanges between Sean and Adalind were when they were taunting each other, especially when they were openly hostile and trying to get under each others' skins.

Really, the best chemistry I saw where Nick was involved was with Monroe. Nothing with Juliette or Adalind even comes close.

In your opinion many thought Nick and Adalind had chemistry and some didn’t and some thought him and Juliette had chemistry some didn’t its all a matter of opinion when it comes to chemistry.

Yes Monroe and Nick had excellent chemistry as friends probably the best on the show but romantic chemistry is a different thing all together

The way Adalind raced down the stairs in the fugitive and basically leaped towards Nick and they passionately kissed is real romantic chemistry in my opinion.
(11-19-2018, 06:06 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Monroe and Nick had excellent chemistry as friends probably the best on the show but romantic chemistry is a different thing all together

Yes, what is your point? I'm just saying I found the chemistry between Monroe and Nick better than any other chemistry on the set, including Renard and Adalind.
(11-19-2018, 07:07 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2018, 06:06 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Monroe and Nick had excellent chemistry as friends probably the best on the show but romantic chemistry is a different thing all together

Yes, what is your point? I'm just saying I found the chemistry between Monroe and Nick better than any other chemistry on the set, including Renard and Adalind.

My point is chemistry is subjective to what each viewer sees or doesn’t see, also yes many would agree with you they had the best chemistry on the show as thier friendship was probably the basis for the entire show it’s certainly what got me hooked originally.

I often find that friendship chemistry, and sometimes sibling chemistry, is the best on any show. It might be that there's no pressure to get together so actors feel more comfortable. I've seen the best of actors have absolutely no chemistry with their significant other. I do happen to think Nick and Adalind had chemistry from the start but I do agree that Nick and Monroe had the best chemistry. It was better than Monroe and Rosalee's as well.

Since this is a fantasy show, I'll use other fantasy/superhero shows as examples.

I think every major relationship in the arrowverse lacked chemistry. Oliver/Felicity and Kara/Mon-So were terrible relationships. They damaged every single character involved and the show as a whole. Felicity and Mon-El did nothing but make the main characters worse and took over the show. It was boring as hell and I don't think they had nearly enough chemistry to save it. The writing also did them no favors and neither did giving any attention to the shipping contingent of the fandom.

I'm actually okay with Barry/Iris and think Iris gets way too much hate. I might feel this way because they aren't nearly as bad as the others. They aren't lighting the world on fire and Barry seems to have more chemistry with Kara whenever they interact but Barry/Iris is fine similar to how Monroe/Rosalee is fine.

However, their friendships are usually pretty good to watch. The Oliver/Diggle and Barry/Cisco frienships along with other characters don't receive nearly the same amount of vitriol. Kara/Alex is pretty much universally liked and I happen to think they have one of the best sibling relationships on TV today.

Juliette and Adalind were the love interests so they were destined to be targets of the fandom and scrutinized more than any other characters outside of the main one. I find it a bit odd in this case since Grimm had much less focus on romance than the ones I mentioned. I think Juliette becoming the enemy she did in season 4 amplified her vitriol and Adalind was a previous enemy so it was hard for some people to let go of that though there are legitimate gripes to be had with how baby Kelly was conceived. I don't think the Nick/Adalind romance received that much attention in the final season and remained in the background for the most part which is how I prefer romance to be handled.
(11-19-2018, 08:17 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]

I often find that friendship chemistry, and sometimes sibling chemistry, is the best on any show. It might be that there's no pressure to get together so actors feel more comfortable. I've seen the best of actors have absolutely no chemistry with their significant other. I do happen to think Nick and Adalind had chemistry from the start but I do agree that Nick and Monroe had the best chemistry. It was better than Monroe and Rosalee's as well.

Since this is a fantasy show, I'll use other fantasy/superhero shows as examples.

I think every major relationship in the arrowveese lacked chemistry. Oliver/Felicity and Kara/Mon-So were terrible relationships. They damaged every single character involved and the show as a whole. Felicity and Mon-El did nothing but make the main characters worse and took over the show. It was boring as help and I don't think they had nearly enough chemistry to save it. The writing also did them no favors and neither did giving any attention to the shipping contingent of the fandom.

I'm actually okay with Barry/Iris and think Iris gets way too much hate. I might feel this way because they aren't nearly as bad as the others.

However, their friendships are usually pretty good to watch. The Oliver/Diggle and Barry/Cisco frienships along with other characters don't receive nearly the same amount of vitriol. Kara/Alex is pretty much universally liked and I happen to think they one of the best sibling relationships on TV today.

Juliette and Adalind were the love interests so they were destined to be targets of the fandom and scrutinized more than any other characters. I find it a bit odd in this case since Grimm had much less focus on romance than the ones I mentioned. I think Juliette becoming the enemy she did in season amplified her vitriol and Adalind was a previous enemy so it was hard for some people to let go of though there are legitimate gripes to be had with how baby Kelly was conceived. I don't think the Nick/Adalind romance received that much attention in the final season and remained in the background for the most part which is how I prefer romance to be handled.

Hell Rell, I totally agree with everything You said, also I prefer Romance to be in the background of the show and not it’s main focus. Also I enjoyed the first few seasons of arrow quite a lot and loved felicity until they made her annoying as hell once she got with Oliver she actually caused me to quit the show for a while as her whininess knew no bounds I don’t know how the rest of the gang put up with her.

I think Iris in General gets far too much hate I personally always enjoyed her charecter she’s certainly less annoying than Felicity that’s for sure.
Pages: 1 2