Grimm Forum

Full Version: What evidence was overlooked?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was rewatching PTZD and noticed how much evidence the Portland PD missed. Nick's fingerprints were on the shotgun and all over the home he invaded, his DNA was all over that bar and it's customers. I know this is a fantasy, so I don't everything to be realistic, but what other clues in the series were overlooked about Nick and the others?
I imagine that Renard somehow managed to do some evidence tampering.

Some of the locations in that episode (the Mount Cedara crash site, the Tippy Canoe bar) are not in the city of Portland. The home Nick invaded seemed to be pretty close to the bar, so it probably wasn't in the city either. Crime scene examination would have been done by the respective counties and shared between agencies, which would provide opportunities to mess with data.

Or, if he had had the foresight, he could have just altered the data in Nick's personnel file way back in S01 so that Nick would never come up on any print or DNA searches.
(08-29-2018, 10:08 AM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]I was rewatching PTZD and noticed how much evidence the Portland PD missed. Nick's fingerprints were on the shotgun and all over the home he invaded, his DNA was all over that bar and it's customers. I know this is a fantasy, so I don't everything to be realistic, but what other clues in the series were overlooked about Nick and the others?

One thing that has always stuck out in my mind is the episode that occurred at the royal compound. There had to have been tons of evidence left behind, but who would be investigating the slaughter? Portland PD, the Feds, or an international police agency?
May have been cleaned the scene is HW.
Meisner left with the helicopter but Chavez was close with his troop.
About Nick "zombie", it could be that his ADN was different.
Like when juliette did a hair test of bigfoot.The guy was in " Woge"( season 1).
(11-17-2018, 10:54 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that has always stuck out in my mind is the episode that occurred at the royal compound. There had to have been tons of evidence left behind, but who would be investigating the slaughter? Portland PD, the Feds, or an international police agency?

That would depend on whether the house actually was an official "royal compound" with diplomatic status, or if Freddie was in the country incognito and under the radar (the only person whose diplomatic status was confirmed was Kenneth, and he was in a downtown hotel). The fact that there was no security stationed at the gates suggests that this was the case.

If the crime scene is just a big house in the country with a bunch of unidentified bodies, it'll be local police. North Plains is a tiny city with under 2000 residents in a different county from Portland, so the crime scene investigation would be just like in the out of town locations in PTZD. And this time there aren't even any witnesses to give descriptions. Renard just needed to make sure that none of their fingerprints or DNA were in their records to be found by a search.
(11-17-2018, 12:08 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]That would depend on whether the house actually was an official "royal compound" with diplomatic status, or if Freddie was in the country incognito and under the radar (the only person whose diplomatic status was confirmed was Kenneth, and he was in a downtown hotel). The fact that there was no security stationed at the gates suggests that this was the case.

Shouldn't there have been some kind of inquiry into Kenneth's death since he had diplomatic status?
I think there was, conducted by Sean and Hank. Kenneth committed suicide, unable to live with the guilt from having killed all those women. Smile
This is the case of the death of Renard's cousin.
According to Renard they- the family- decided to take the bodies and not continue with the investigation.
So what do you think? Were the royals the dullest tools in the shed to believe Kenneth came all the way over from Austria to murder some prostitutes just because Renard said so?
Maybe do not want to keep investigating because family royalty sent it(season 1 - dead in the garage).
Pages: 1 2